# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 19

last thread here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-18-a-21.html

D
Old 06-20-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First post in this thread of Fort February.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Morning all. I'm rewatching Orange Is The New Black with a friend today. I don't think I talk about my love for OITNB here enough.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

It is pretty amazing how the body can recover even after consuming a tanker truck of alcohol . . .
Old 06-21-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
Day 113 and just finally unwinding for summer. Anyone who thinks teaching is easy and "teachers get too much time off" clearly........has not taught, lol.

Week 16 and doing great. Still haven't hit the gym yet, but the rest I have been getting is fantastic. Dreaming again has been WONDERFUL.

Still staying up late though. Ugh.
Be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 06-21-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

They found the bags. Girls are happy. Now to attend to the mountain of emails and BS waiting for me.

I will change my avatar soon. I am tired of looking at that poor snake.

Badger (official pet of Fort February).
Old 06-21-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dee. With hope the reprieve was good.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Badger. Hope you had a great time.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BADGER--OFFICIAL MASCOT OF FORT FEBRUARY!!
Old 06-21-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! My days off always go by way too quickly.

Badger - Good to hear it Badger! Hope you get through that mountain of work with ease.

Leezer - Teaching is most definitely not easy. I used to know a teacher and the only time she had off was the holidays. She'd be working constantly the rest of the year.

Mel - Very good point. It's amazing that we could recover from all that damage.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello! Geeze got so busy there I missed checking in! 16 weeks and one day! Thats 4 Months folks! Wooo Hooo! I just love my life. Thank god I got rid of that horrible nagging AV! What a waste of time, money, stress, health, etc Oh reporting for Fort February. On duty, holding down the fort, armed and ready to combat AV at a seconds notice! I need to watch the new OITNB too. Sansa- get back on the wagon. Stay posting. Why do you think you slipped?
Old 06-21-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah it is amazing Mel...

thanks Badger

Congrats Lee and PHRD and everyone hitting a milestone today

D
Old 06-21-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Just popping in to say hi. Hope life is good in Fort February..love that name.

I'm 4 months and 21 days sober according to my app and so far have saved £710. Not quite sure where that money has gone though, as it's certainly not sitting in my bank account!

Life is good but busy. Unfortunately teachers here don't get the same holidays as they do in the US. I've got another month and a bit to go yet. Lucky Lee!

I'm not making as many meetings as my sponsor would like, and my binge eating is off the scale, and I still have some anxiety about being around drinkers...but apart from that I'm fine. No thoughts of drinking and thanking God for every sober day.

Love and hugs to you all ❤️
Old 06-22-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning all! Work today and I'm tired. Also going out for a meal with one of my old drinking buddies afterwards. Really not in the mood but never mind!

Jeni - Not long to go now! And also not long to go until 5 months! You got this.

Congrats on 4 months PHRD.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks OT! I know an old drinking buddy isn't the most ideal choice but getting out and having a good laugh is so important. Jeni you are doing great! Congrats! OOTT, Badger, Lee, Mel,Jimmy,Sansas, keep going, we got this! My husband and I are going on a weekend away in a couple months to meet up with several drinking couples - the email invite has already made reference to drinking. I'm not worried at all but it got me thinking and I'm really trying to have my words ready that explain that I'm now choosing to be healthy, not ingest chemicals, etc What is the word? There's vegan, vegetarian, sober, healthy,etc. What is it? Maybe its just healthy... It's easy to tell who my online friends are that drink too much, I was so glad to see one in particular join a drinking less group. Ok, going on too much. I'll be back to Fort February tonight to check in.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Wednesday already! Glad we all are here. Thanks for the shout-outs, and the good thoughts.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in, been awhile. I will have to check my days but i think I'm 3 weeks. Usually crash and burn around 30 days or so, but this time is AV quiet. Had a work dinner with no temptation whatsoever. Probably the first time that has happened!

Okay. GoT people. Oh my gosh! It's a bit much for me so haven't watched since season 2 but heard how epic last episode was so I watched :::::terrified still:::: nightmares:::::

I guess it's Fort February now?
Old 06-22-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! My old drinking friend was a bit disappointed that I was sober at first. I didn't go into too much detail about how bad my drinking got but she was understanding after a little explanation. I was quite good at hiding it.

PHRD - It's whatever you want to call it!

Mel - How's your week going?

Sadie - No GoT spoilers Sadie, I'm catching up tomorrow!!
Congrats on 3 weeks, you're doing great.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all troops of Fort February! Lee reporting in on day 114. Life is good. So nice to get some rest. Just now realizing just how burnt out I was.

Having lots of friends acting weird since I quit drinking. Are they really friends? It doesn't make me sad, it pisses me of actually, I certainly don't mind if THEY drink. Just don't expect me to. Done. Finito. Over.

Everyone have a good rest of their day/night/morning.
Peace!
Lee
Old 06-22-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Reporting for check in! Alls well! Hello Mel! I think I forgot you on my last shout out! Goid to hear from you Sadie! AV being quiet is so nice isn't it? Can you image how great it feels when it's gone for good? It's wonderful! Lee and OT, I'm glad I don't have any friends to deal with. Just my husband and he's supportive. I know someone who is starting a brewery far away and I asked them today to try to make a recipe for non-alcohol beer that tastes great. They said they would try... I don't really miss it, I just wonder why there are only a couple out there that dont taste great- I remember from when I was pregnant trying them. Later troops.