Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 15

Old 05-18-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Saw that too, bbg. Scary thought.

Day two of the migraine - they tend to come in clusters for me. Didn't have the shock at sound yesterday, do have it today. Hopefully this one goes away quickly, I hate missing work/taking sick days.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Very disturbing therapy session. That's all.
I wouldn't dismiss it like that, dear Fabela. You're working through very difficult issues and that takes courage. We're all here to support you.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I don't know, sweetie.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I don't either, not in the sense of how you truly feel. What I do know is that you are a good woman. I know you deserve to be happy. I know that the difficult issue we share can be debilitating if we let it. I know that you're working to overcome that. And I know that you can.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Day 2 here. Slept relatively well, even though my shoulder was bugging me. My physical therapist said I'll likely have night time pain for a few months while everything heals. Ice packs are my best friend.

It was nice to wake up without the regret of drinking. I have today and tomorrow off of PT, though I have at home exercises to do. I also got a phone call about my resume that I need to return today. But for now, a little nap while I ice my shoulder.

Fablea - hugs. I hope you are feeling better.

Kiki - your day sounds great!

Everyone else - have a great day!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just a quick check-in to start day 67. I've got a lot to do this morning so I'll do a longer check-in later today. It rained hard here last night too.

Drinking is not the answer, Fabela. I don't know a lot but I know that much.

Wishing everyone the best today. You don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Just got back from a meeting. Good meeting, I do like that group. I had to apologise for being late today 'because of who I am as a person' lol. I thought it was pretty humorous, although my sponsor seems a bit kinda on the fence about it.

Apart from that I was reminiscing about before me coming into the rooms how I had been reading a lot about being an 'empath' type. How I was like, 'I definitely have that superpower. There must be some classes I can take to develop it'.

And then how by coming into the rooms, over time the penny drops for me that it is not a superpower at all but something very normal! (FFS) I guess the rooms are that class in a sense. Anyway that's been my day so far. Good looking out.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Somebody posted that a nurse said it takes 30 days for all the symptoms of alcohol abuse to go away. I can't wait until I have 30 days! I'm all brain foggedy this morning!
Middle finger the alcohol to death BBG! Ha!

I'm the one that posted the 30 day thing. What the nurse said is it takes 30 days for the alcohol to be 100% out of our body (brain, organs, cells etc). Believe it or not it stays in our bodies that long and that's part of why we have such awful physical cravings the first month.

As far as the actual brain fog and symptoms...I'm not sure how long that takes but if you do an Internet search on "PAWS" (post acute withdrawal syndrome) you might get more info.

Have a good day!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Kiki. I'll do a check on "PAWS". I've seen that before but never looked into it.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm so scared... Can't stop crying. Haunted by memories from the past, horrible, awful memories. Shame, guilt, self hate. I'm disgusted by myself. I've tried to hide this for so long, but I need to bring it into the light to be able to work through it. But I never thought it would be this painful. I'm not going to drink tonight, don't worry. If I do, something terrible is going to happen. Hubby is here. i'm not alone.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

AppleKat – I want to tell you how proud I am of you and your sober vacation. I know it’s not easy. Vacations and cocktails go together. You did it though. That’s so exciting. You’ll get your sleep soon enough, I promise. Just hang in there.

Beerbgone – You are fantastic!! You are doing an awesome job and your posts are always helpful. Stay close to us. We are your friends. Sometimes I feel like I know you better than some of the people I am with daily. Can’t wait till you get your first tattoo!!

Casey – Don’t really want to stroke your ego or anything but thanks again for being a part of my recovery. You’re posts always make me look a little deeper at myself, my addiction and most importantly, my sobriety. Keep doing what you’re doing – you are kicking some butt!

Clearlyheaded – I was so happy to see you post yesterday. I know that surgery and recovery suck. Just hang in there with us until you are in a good place again. Good luck with the job hunting! You are in my thoughts - every day, even if you haven’t posted.

Dee – Thanks for keeping us on our toes and not letting us stray from the actual answers. It seems like you are always around to help us “keep doing the next right thing”.

Fabela – It may not feel like it today, but you are really doing a great job. It seems as if your days positive are starting to be more often. I know that doesn’t help you on your down days, but keep striving for that and you will have put together a string of happier days. I hope my alphabetical list gives you warm fuzzy feelings!

Forabetterlife – Haven’t heard from you in 5 days! Just want to say I miss you. You are getting closer to your vacation – I’m sure that’s keeping you busy. Hang in there and know we are here for you “no matter what”!

Immri – You’ve been really busy. I wish we were on the same side of the world – I think we’d have fun hanging out together – walking our dogs – staying sober. You’ll see this later – so have a fantastic day!!

Jemma44 – I hope you get relief for your migraines. I get one about once every year or so and they are debilitating. I can’t imagine having to deal with them like you do. I really want to say though – I am really proud of how you are handling your ex. You are a great mom!

Kayak – Dude, where the heck are you? Could use a poem and some pics…

Keets – I think of you every morning and send out to the universe a wish that your chemo goes easy. Keep staying strong – we are all here for you.

KiKi – Yay! We got you back. Day 4 has nothing on you! You are a lot stronger than that AV you talk about. I know you can be the person you want to be. One day at a time.

Ladyboo – Hope things are going well with your legal issues. Check in when you get a chance. We are missing you.

Ladybug – I hope preparations for your vacation aren’t stressing you out. Have a great trip! It will be tough to stay sober around all of the drinking – make it through this and show yourself how strong you really are. I know you can do it!

LillianGish – I love reading your posts. And I’m not sure – but I think you have 46 days of sobriety under your belt!! Woohoo! Way to go. Keep doing it. I’m glad we’re doing this together.

LoftyIdeals – Haven’t heard from you since Saturday. Hope everything is going well. Miss your posts of wisdom.

ManInTheArena- Yours is usually the first post I see in the morning. It seems you post when I wake up. It’s a great way to start my day – so thanks. Keep doing what you do – 200 days is not that far away. You got this!

Mish – Hope you are feeling better. 25 days!! Amazing. I have to say – I smile back every time I go to your profile page. The two of you grinning is so infectious!

Missy7 – Hope you are doing well. I know you are really busy. I think you are up to 23 days or so. That is so awesome. I know it hasn’t been easy – I’m really proud of you!

Pelagic – I know you are around sometimes. Wish you could post. I really miss you. Plus – I want to know if you have any tattoos!

Purplrks – Keep being a rock star! I think it is awesome that you check in no matter how busy your life gets. Keep doing what you’re doing.

Rah555 – So glad you keep trying. It will stick. But not if you stay away. I can see you becoming sober and living a fuller life and showing your husband that it’s worth the effort. You will be the role model.

Samantha – Day 20!! And even when you are down, you are sounding so much stronger! You’re dog is adorable. Hope it’s getting warmer up there. I am really proud of how far you have come.

SpaceGoat – I hope you have your trousers on. The story in my head was much more fun than the reality. Who says trousers? You’ve added a lot of fun and wisdom to this class. I’m glad you are here. My kids are always trying to figure out our super powers. You’d fit right in at my house. Super powers and an alien. Double score.

surrender2win – Have missed you here – but know that you are around. Hope things are going well with you!

Thirteenth – You are getting there. You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for. We can see it in everything you post. I really do think you want to quit more than you want to drink. It is really tough to break a habit. You have to get through that 1 day. I know you can, hell, I did. I was a freaking mess. I’m glad you are here and I love reading your posts.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
I'm so scared... Can't stop crying. Haunted by memories from the past, horrible, awful memories. Shame, guilt, self hate. I'm disgusted by myself. I've tried to hide this for so long, but I need to bring it into the light to be able to work through it. But I never thought it would be this painful. I'm not going to drink tonight, don't worry. If I do, something terrible is going to happen. Hubby is here. i'm not alone.
Glad you are not alone. Wish I could be there to give you hugs.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank you for that powerful post, Bobbieka.

Still on the run trying to get stuff done as starting at 6 tonight it's supposed to pour rain here for the next day and a half, which makes it hard for me to get around on my bike. Stay strong everyone!
Old 05-18-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

This class is crazy quiet today.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Shh! You'll wake up the baby.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I like your avatar, by the way. Keep forgetting to tell you that.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Ugh! The tsunami is here!!! A craving!!!

My teenage daughter wanted to see a photo of me when I was in high school to see if we looked alike (like everyone says we do) and I got major euphoric recall, felt some remorse for time I've wasted, felt sad because I'm not that young (a teenager) anymore, felt sad that I am not that youthful anymore, wish I could go back & drink when it was fun, etc. etc.!

I'm flooded with feelings so obviously what do I want to do??? Numb it!

I'm gonna call my sponsor & take the dog for a walk to see if that helps. Ugh.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Okay I'm going to get this out before I change my mind. I just left my therapy session and I stopped and bought a bottle of vodka. The crazy thing is I don't want to drink. I really don't want to. I am going to dump it out the minute I get home. Just here for some accountability.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I've had a long conversation with my best friend and I am calmer. I think the things that happened today are very important, and I need to talk them through with my therapist. I'm exhausted from all the emotional outbursts and am going to bed. Please let me wake up to lots of fun, interesting conversations from you guys tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That's not numbing the feelings, KiKi. It's poisoning your mind and body. Calling your sponsor and walking the dog are great ideas. As is letting those thoughts out in here. Don't drink. You're not doing that anymore. As Jim Morrison would sing, "Break on through to the other side." Though I don't know if quoting Jim Morrison on a forum devoted to sobriety is entirely appropriate.

Thank you, Bobbieka. It's the eyes of Dr. T.J. Eckleburg. I'm rereading The Great Gatsby right now. They seemed appropriate for these forums.