Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 15

Old 05-21-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Whew! The governor called thirty seconds before the execution and I got the night off work. I'll be whining on Wednesday when I don't have my normal day off but I'm happy for today. Going to go to an AA meeting tonight for sure.

That's definitely not a lie about alcohol making you sick lately, clearlyheaded. It makes us all sick lately and earlier and again in the future. Remember you always have the option to get out of there if it gets to be too much for you. Put your sobriety first for now. There will be lots of time for barbecues, etc., in the future. Keep checking in too!

I like your sponsor more every single time I hear something else about her, KiKi. She has a secret fan in West Texas.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How's everyone else doing today? Awfully quiet in here, even for a Saturday afternoon.

Wake up, immri! Wake up, Mish! Entertain us! Ha!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

I'm here Casey. Just sittin' back chillin'. Gettin' ready to eat some fried chicken and a salad for supper. 8 episodes of BBT on tonight. Life is good!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Home from graduation party. Going to dinner with my daughter. Her idea and her treat. It's almost scary.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  
Re-Member

As we're getting ready at some point in the next few hours to move this thread on into part 16, I just went back and read the last few pages of part 5 and the first few pages of part 6, which was started at the end of the day on March 31.

On my normal long-winded posts on March 31, the ones where I try to respond to everyone by name, I named 31 different people who were active that day. If I'm counting right 21 of those people (and of course others who just happened to not post on March 31) are still active in this class and there's another small handful (as in forabetterlife, Ladybug2, Surrender2win, among others) who I still hold out hope will get back in here soon and another two or three who I have seen post elsewhere in the last couple of weeks so they are still working on sobriety somewhat at least. And of course we've added a few folks since March 31 such as our pizza eating Goat from Space and the missing this week but hopefully soon to return LoftyIdeals and our silent movie star LillianGish.

As far as I can tell, there is no other class on SR that has held on to as many of its members for as long as we are doing. Not that it's a competition, but it just makes me feel lucky to have all you guys and gals in my recovery. My other main class here--July 13--is still going pretty strong but any class that has soberwolf anchoring it is going to have a little advantage in that area. That man is a rock in my (and many other people's) recovery. Incidentally, he didn't show up at SR or in that July class until almost a year after he sobered up, so who knows what the future might bring us?!

It's really amazing and inspiring to see this class sticking together like it is. Some of us are still struggling but I'm proud that we're all still trying and that we're being so supportive of each other. I hope you change your mind and stick with us, Keets. I want you in my life, and I think you'd be better off with us in yours.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober for today and for the past 2.5 months. You are all amazing, and if no one's told you so today, just know that I love each and every one of you--clearlyheaded, Mish, Keets, Dee74, Fabela, Samantha14, KiKi0615, Kayak63sc, Pelagic263, Applekat, LillianGish, Bobbieka, beerbgone, 1stepup, ItsJustMe89, rah555, immri, Purplrks3647, Jemma44, Missy7, Thirteenth, ManInTheArena, ladyboo, forabetterlife, Ladybug2, Surrender2win, Spacegoat, LostLilly, soberwolf, InControl15, PeacefulRain, ChickChick, LoftyIdeals. My apologies if I missed anyone--those are mostly the folks who posted on March 31 with a few add-ons since then that popped into my head. If I did miss your name, I love you too! I'm just old and feeble-minded sometimes.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  

Hi all, sorry for disappearing, managed to stay sober and am currently nearing the end of day 11. Gone back to AA and done a meeting a day now for last 9days. Feel back on track, hope all is good with everyone.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
How's everyone else doing today? Awfully quiet in here, even for a Saturday afternoon. Wake up, immri! Wake up, Mish! Entertain us! Ha!
Ah I'm up I'm up!
Old 05-21-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-16-a.html

D