Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 30

Old 05-29-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
View pretty nice from this patio gang.....this is about an hour or so ago. Been up since 2:15am so I'm done! Good night team.

Wow!!!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Nice view, Mark!

Thanks for the link, V. It is hard to say no to family sometimes, but you are so right, we don't have do go to such things.

Today is our make party. It's not sunny or hot, but not raining, and the temp is 70-75. That works for me and my gang! I hate oppressive heat and we all sunburn easily. I think the dog will enjoy the lake. I got him a kiddie pool yesterday and he loved it, once he got used to it. He also loved chasing sand snapping at the steam of water from the hose. It was very funny! So, I think he's decided that water can be fun, and it is not alway about a dreaded bath.

I will be the dd, so it removes the temptation to drink. Made a great Israeli cous cous salad and brownies. The salad has basil, spinach, little mozzarella pearls, yellow and red grape tomatoes and a white balsamic/lemon/honey dressing. Sorry if Om repeating myself. I've shared in a few different discussions in different places, lol.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
It feels like freedom now.
Quote of the weekend. Not just in our sobriety as a team, but also as Americans. Thankful for all that have served and those that continue to do so.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Your weather sounds nice for the party phoebe. You would hate the summer weather at my home.

Enjoy your family time Arbor.....and yes long weekend.

Btw, on the ferry from St Thomas yesterday there was a lady that was quite intoxicated. She bought she was being cute and funny, but most were just shaking their heads at her silliness. Sober is really hitting the spot!

The others are shopping while I enjoy the view and sun a bit. Snorkeling is the goal this afternoon. What a life......if only for a week
Old 05-29-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Quote of the weekend. Not just in our sobriety as a team, but also as Americans. Thankful for all that have served and those that continue to do so.
What a great observation Arbor. I hadn't thought of that. You smart guy!
Old 05-29-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Amen Arbor!

Mark - what a beautiful view. I know what you mean about seeing drunk people now. I feel embarrassed for them. I don't even want to imagine how many people have thought that about me over the years. I've made such an ass of myself.

BBQ was a success. It's 4pm, and I'm sober, the house is cleaned up, and I can move on to doing whatever I want. In the past I'd be hopelessly wasted by this time and probably asleep. I feel good, and while I'm watching myself closely for signs of instability, it doesn't appear the commotion of the party messed up my brain. Maybe a tiny bit, but I'm calm now and feeling steady. This is the most stable I've been in a month, and the side effects from the medication are going away, so this is all very encouraging.

We had thought about driving out to the beach tomorrow, but I heard it's supposed to be foggy out there all day, so maybe we'll just hang around here and relax. But then we'll have to figure out how to entertain the little one. Especially when you only have one, you have to find things to do with them, so we usually end up taking her places on the weekend where she can play. Usually parks and kid museums and stuff like that. She gets stir crazy at home. Really dashes our plans for mellow lazy days.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

So good to hear you are feeling better love. Really, really good.

Hope you find something lovely to do tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

We had a very nice time today. The food was abundant, and I had no problem staying sober. I did get a wee bit tired and bored for a spell, but then a bunch of us started singing along to old tunes around the fire. I had fun doing that, even though I was sober, lol. I love to sing. Hubby had quite a bit. I find I worry he'll hurt himself, when I see that he's drunk enough to be a bit unsteady. His father died of a drunken fall. I'm sure I've been like that many times myself, but watching it through sober eyes brings that concern to the forefront. It haunts me a bit.

But, we are home safe and sound, and Ill go to bed soon. He will probably fall asleep on the couch for hours, which works for me, actually. No snoring!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy mess. I'd hoped to get to my father's grave for the holiday. Both my parents are there, but he's a WWII US Navy veteran. Hopefully we can manage it before the rain.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Oh phoebes, what a very sad way for someone to die.
I'm not surprised it worries you when your husband drinks too much.

I'm glad the day was nice though.
And thank you love for the quinoa recipes and links.
I will check it all out properly tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

We didn't get the rain they predicted but it is HOT! There was no easing in this year, just BAM it's upon us. Had a wedding on Saturday with an outdoor reception-ending leaving before dinner as my DH looked so miserable it was doubtful that he'd make it and it was a two hour drive home. Got all the chores done that I put off so that feels good. Wish I was in island mode like Mark, LOL.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi gang, just back from hiking a long trail called Reef Bay trail. The others didn't want to go with me but I don't mind going alone. Did some snorkeling at the bottom in reef bay to cool off and then made the long uphill hike back. I hired a boat for tomorrow for a full day of it. I got so motion sick yesterday the only time I wasn't driving.....barely made it back here and I sprinted across the yard to lose my lunch.....but hey, it wasn't from drinking! . Nice to check in and see y'all. There are a few bottles of drinks in there but it's fine. I'm having a great time and being sick yesterday reminded me of my drunk past!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sounds good, Mark! That hike sounds like it's right up my alley. Too bad you had no other takers. How's the weather so far?

Long weekend wrapping up nicely. Hope the rest of the team enjoyed the holiday.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hey guys, taking a quick break from editing grant reports to say hi. Brain-numbing doesn't even begin to describe it. It's also very repetitive because my client's field is very specific, so it's a lot of saying the same thing 100 different ways. Oh well, she pays me in nice walking shoes, I'll do the work.

Aw damn Mark, but hey at least you didn't puke in the car. That'd be worse!

Quite a variety of weather we're all having. It's sunny and warm here. Perfect BBQ weather, but we're getting a taste of summer. It'll be in the 90s soon.

Thanks V, you're so sweet. I'm doing pretty well today, just tired. Normal tired, not depressed, there's a big difference. So it still seems like that med is helping, which rocks! Sadly, a well-known side effect is weight gain, and I've already noticed myself being like oh hey food, come on over here, and bring your friends! But it's okay, I can work with it.

Okay, back to work!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Weather is fine Arbor, the locals say you can't go by weather.com which is what I was doing. Lots of arborist ads on radio in prep for hurricane season.

The Internet is sloooooooow so have lost several posts and just give up.

I think the charter is taken us to British VI today.

You seem to be doing well Briar .

Ok, time for my scopolamine patch.......
Old 05-31-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi gang, just back from hiking a long trail called Reef Bay trail. The others didn't want to go with me but I don't mind going alone. Did some snorkeling at the bottom in reef bay to cool off and then made the long uphill hike back. I hired a boat for tomorrow for a full day of it. I got so motion sick yesterday the only time I wasn't driving.....barely made it back here and I sprinted across the yard to lose my lunch.....but hey, it wasn't from drinking! . Nice to check in and see y'all. There are a few bottles of drinks in there but it's fine. I'm having a great time and being sick yesterday reminded me of my drunk past!
The hike and reef snorkeling sounds wonderful, Mark.

Sorry about the motion sickness. My husband wants to take a repositioning cruise to Europe but I'm not too sure about that. . . . .
Old 05-31-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Weather is fine Arbor, the locals say you can't go by weather.com which is what I was doing. Lots of arborist ads on radio in prep for hurricane season.

The Internet is sloooooooow so have lost several posts and just give up.

I think the charter is taken us to British VI today.

You seem to be doing well Briar .

Ok, time for my scopolamine patch.......
Hope all goes well, Mark.

Enjoy!!!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Sounds good, Mark! That hike sounds like it's right up my alley. Too bad you had no other takers. How's the weather so far?

Long weekend wrapping up nicely. Hope the rest of the team enjoyed the holiday.
We had a very nice weekend.

Traveled to a very beautiful weekend celebration wedding - had a lovely, lovely sober time. During the toast, someone handed me a glass of wine which I held during the toast and then promptly put down 'untouched' - it truly made me almost nauseous just to hold the glass.

All in all, a great weekend.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Hey guys, taking a quick break from editing grant reports to say hi. Brain-numbing doesn't even begin to describe it. It's also very repetitive because my client's field is very specific, so it's a lot of saying the same thing 100 different ways. Oh well, she pays me in nice walking shoes, I'll do the work.

Aw damn Mark, but hey at least you didn't puke in the car. That'd be worse!

Quite a variety of weather we're all having. It's sunny and warm here. Perfect BBQ weather, but we're getting a taste of summer. It'll be in the 90s soon.

Thanks V, you're so sweet. I'm doing pretty well today, just tired. Normal tired, not depressed, there's a big difference. So it still seems like that med is helping, which rocks! Sadly, a well-known side effect is weight gain, and I've already noticed myself being like oh hey food, come on over here, and bring your friends! But it's okay, I can work with it.

Okay, back to work!
We had a very warm weekend here, too.

Good to hear that new med is working - great news.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday, all.