Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 30

Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thank you V!

OMG, I'm so relieved! Because I already work in the same job classification as the job I applied for, they just gave me a lateral transfer, which means they simply slap a new label on me and send me off to my new post. Okay, I did not know that was a thing, otherwise I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to apply. Apparently all I had to do was walk into the boss's office and say I wanted the job. Doh! Anyway, the important thing is that there's no background check! But in the past couple days I'd actually done a lot of thinking, and I had come to the conclusion that I was going to go through with it anyway. I tried to be realistic about the risks and not let the fear hold me back. Isn't it crazy how things just work themselves out?

I really think this job is going to be so much better for me. The one I've been in for eight years has been an incredible journey, but it's so freaking hard, especially for someone as sensitive as I am. OMG, no more getting berated by angry clients all the time! No more doling out bad news like candy on Halloween. This job is totally behind the scenes trial prep stuff. I really think it will be so much better for my mental health.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Briar honey ~ I know how completely thrilled Dee would be for you right now. Will be, when he hears this.

I am just so incredibly happy for you. You deserve this sweetheart. You are the most wonderful person, and you have fought so hard this past year plus...I think you need to plan a night out with your man to celebrate. Babysitter and all.

Woot woot...again.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Congrats Briar! So happy for you. You deserve this. I hope it brings a little more peace to your life.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

So, yesterday was my wife and I's 10yr anniversary. We got to go out to eat again. What a treat!

And today is my youngest first birthday. Henry Paul is one! What a year it's been. Can't even put into words how challenging of a year it's been. The changes around here are monumental. I remember after he was born my regression in sobriety began. I relapsed pretty hard most of the summer to eventually find and seek out comfort in AA. I'll never take it for granite again. I'm forever grateful to be where I am.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

to you and your beautiful wife Arbor, and to your lovely boy on his birthday! ♥♥
Old 06-11-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

So nice to see the good things unfolding for you on the job front Briar.

And likewise this past year it's been a pleasure and learning experience for me to watch you grow in your sobriety and outlook on life Arbor. Congratulations to you and yours on the family milestones this week. Happy birthday Henry Paul!
Old 06-11-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks guys! I'm so excited.

Congrats Arbor! Sobriety makes life richer for sure. You're really living it, the good and the bad.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Wow!!!! How exciting!!
Congratulations to both of you and your families, Briar and Arbor! My heart is singing for you today!!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I got the job!!!

Fabulous news, Briar!!!!! Congratulations.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Thank you V!

OMG, I'm so relieved! Because I already work in the same job classification as the job I applied for, they just gave me a lateral transfer, which means they simply slap a new label on me and send me off to my new post. Okay, I did not know that was a thing, otherwise I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to apply. Apparently all I had to do was walk into the boss's office and say I wanted the job. Doh! Anyway, the important thing is that there's no background check! But in the past couple days I'd actually done a lot of thinking, and I had come to the conclusion that I was going to go through with it anyway. I tried to be realistic about the risks and not let the fear hold me back. Isn't it crazy how things just work themselves out?

I really think this job is going to be so much better for me. The one I've been in for eight years has been an incredible journey, but it's so freaking hard, especially for someone as sensitive as I am. OMG, no more getting berated by angry clients all the time! No more doling out bad news like candy on Halloween. This job is totally behind the scenes trial prep stuff. I really think it will be so much better for my mental health.

I am so very happy for you, Briar!!!!!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
So, yesterday was my wife and I's 10yr anniversary. We got to go out to eat again. What a treat!

And today is my youngest first birthday. Henry Paul is one! What a year it's been. Can't even put into words how challenging of a year it's been. The changes around here are monumental. I remember after he was born my regression in sobriety began. I relapsed pretty hard most of the summer to eventually find and seek out comfort in AA. I'll never take it for granite again. I'm forever grateful to be where I am.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

What beautiful milestones in your family's life. Congratulations, Arbor.

And Happy birthday, little Henry Paul.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday/Sunday, all.

Enjoy the weekend.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Time For A New Thread

Continues Here;

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5995051