Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 14

Old 05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
It's time for Lillian to go back to work. I hope you all have a wonderful sober day/evening. I just reading a Spiritual Awakenings Facebook page and this came at the right time this morning.
I love that Lillian and needed to read it!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Or maybe you're worthy of twice the support.
Thanks Casey. You always say the sweetest things. <3
Old 05-12-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
DD1 is throwing a tantrum. She has misplaced both her hearing aid and her house keys, and I have confiscated both her iPad and her phone. I'll be more than willing to give them back to her when she's found the missing items. Normally I would have gone down to her room to talk calmly to her, but this is so stressful that I'll probably end up yelling at her and then desperately wanting to leave the house and do bad things. I'll better stay here and close the doors, so I don't hear her too much.
Boy do I relate Fabela!!! Whenever I have to confront my kids about something it makes me want to "leave the house & do bad things too." When I do that (drink) it just makes everything 1,000 times worse. Take a nice long deep breath....

Hang in there mama!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey! Got a light?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2016-05-07 14.44.47.jpg (66.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-12-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Boy do I relate Fabela!!! Whenever I have to confront my kids about something it makes me want to "leave the house & do bad things too." When I do that (drink) it just makes everything 1,000 times worse. Take a nice long deep breath....

Hang in there mama!
I'm hanging in there. Sitting on the couch with my knitting, my computer and a big screen TV. No need to go anywhere.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Great. DD1 has decided that this is a perfect time to pick a fight with DD2. In the kitchen, five feet away from me. We have a big house, go somewhere else!!!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Charlie is adorable. Every picture you post of him just screams "THAT is a good dog." I want to just bury my hands in his fur.

Maybe your daugher is going through phone and iPad withdrawals, Fabela? Cell phones are still a pretty new occurrence compared to the history of the world--probably someday there will be a phonerecovery site with monthly classes for people trying to get over their phone and tablet addictions. They'll be a whole special section for people like you--friends and family of phone addicts.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

You know that question that every dog gets every day? "Who's a good boy!" Well, we finally have the answer. It's Charlie. He's such a good dog.

And DD1 is not going through withdrawal, she agreed that it was a suitable consequence for misplacing those very important items. She calmed down eventually and now she's in bed. I am trying to stay up a little late tonight, 10 pm is a tiny bit early, even for an old woman.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

WHY am I watching the semifinals of the Eurovision Song Contest? It's just plain awful!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It's almost 11 pm and it's still not dark. Kewl!

Nightynight, peeps!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm still here on day 45
Chemo has kicked my butt this week and just don't have the energy to do anything. I'm sorry I have been lurking but not able to keep up with all the posts lately. I am still here though and sober. Hopping this weekend the effects let up a little and can work on my garden a little.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you were able to check in that much, Keets. You are in my thoughts every single day. Congrats on a month and a half!

Goodnight, Fabela. That is so foreign to me thinking about the sun being out so late. Talk to you in the morning! Good job staying checked in here on these forums today, not letting your situation with your daughter get out of hand.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Hey! Got a light?
Is that Charlie???
Old 05-12-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
I'm still here on day 45 Chemo has kicked my butt this week and just don't have the energy to do anything. I'm sorry I have been lurking but not able to keep up with all the posts lately. I am still here though and sober. Hopping this weekend the effects let up a little and can work on my garden a little.
Hi Keets! Hang in there and keep fighting. 45 days is amazing! Praying for you...
Old 05-12-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Home! Sigh. Back to the grind.

FABL and ladybug too, you can do it! Sober vacations rock. Admittedly though your situations sound more potentially centered around drinking as a norm. Disney may make adults want to drink or joke about drinking but jeez you really can't if you want to function. Hot, crowds, whiny kids. Ah, good memories though. In all seriousness I had a GREAT time. And whoah, riding space mountain at 34 is different than 14.

But ladies, I have faith in you!! I focused on one of my worst vacation drinking memories and replayed how that felt. Do it over and over again. I really have had to create this feeling of immense disgust tied to drinking and completely view it as gross. Poison. A death sentence. Pack some yummy drinks like cranberry and ginger ale! You can do it if you dig deep!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad it was a nice vacation, Applekat. Some nice advice to others there. Pretty sure you passed the 70 day mark sometime during your vacation--belated congrats on that!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How's everyone doing tonight?

Won't get my bike back until tomorrow so no meeting for me tonight. Made a huge but healthy dinner. Listening to some loud music while I read now. I might put on a movie in a little bit. It's been a nice, calm day off.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sitting here holding Kamry. Got dd1, home. My son and I are going to a meeting together tomorrow. I am feeling so content. Love you all. Thank you for helping me get to this place. I know I couldn't have done it without you.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Just back from group. Third counseling session this week. Was gonna skip but got a case of the f-its, so went instead of drinking. Now I am home and tired and have to work early. Still have the f-its, kinda. Had another tough day of lies from kids and screaming and yelling and wife defending the kids bad actions. It feels lonely sometimes. Sorry for being a downer.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey guys ~ Sorry I haven't been able to catch up on reading ~ Hope you're all doing okay.

My AV is being a tricky little nag. I'm currently not craving anything, but I've been getting the "what-if" thoughts about future vacations, holidays, etc...typical alcoholic. I'm hoping that sharing it now might help prepare me for later. Who knows...I'm staying sober today, though.

Thanks again and again everyone! HUGS!