Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 14

Old 05-12-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yeah, Borat and Bruno were good too, great interviews! Comedy gold lol the ending

I only got to see parts of that Louis doc as I was cooking at the time. I must go back and watch it again.

The last docs that I watched were 'Montage of Heck' about Kurt Cobain. As a fan of the band it was interesting.

Then I watched the other one 'Soaked in Bleach' based on comments I was reading but with skepticism. I was like, omg! She did it...
Old 05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Re-Member

My internet connection is being a turd so I'm checking out for the night. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober today!

Wishing everyone a lovely night or day for you upside down Australians.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Same as that dude, 4.40am here and I don't think my sponsor would be impressed! Nite folks
Old 05-12-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Goodnight guys! Loved montage of heck btw spacegoat
I'm going to go watch a documentary now , will let you know what I decide
Old 05-12-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can find that Theroux doco on youtube Casey.

Keets,. I'm not sure everything does happen for a reason.

I can't make much sense of babies dying or young people being murdered or whatever...

I think maybe the thing is to try and make reason from the things that happen to us...I didn't ask to be alcoholic for example but I did get some good from it, eventually when I got into recovery....And it's led me to try and help others, best I can.

It's not much but it's all I got. I'm not sure I'm meant to know everything.

D
Old 05-12-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Immri...have you seen any of these documentaries about alcoholism:

"Rain in My Heart"
https://youtu.be/lwv7Utcf-gM

"Alcohol will Kill You"
https://youtu.be/vVeXY4i-a_w

"Women and Alcoholism"
https://youtu.be/bUfVd4dOwro
Old 05-12-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I love watching Louis Theraux's documentaries. He's always so hands on. The first one I ever watched was the Westboro Baptist Church, scary stuff.

On Monday we had 68 degrees, and today it's snowing. SNOWING! I WANT SUMMER! Or maybe not summer, it's too hot. 70 degrees, cloudy weather and a little bit of wind is perfect for me. And now it's hailing. Perfect weather for cleaning, right? My house looks like a bombed whorehouse (Norwegian expression) and thanks to Charlie my floors are dirtier than ever. I have to get off this couch, but Misty the cat has glued herself to my thigh and won't let me leave.

Kiki, it's Charlie... And immri, I'll see if I can post a picture or two of him later on.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

A bombed whorehouse! Love it. My new expression. I tried looking up episodes of Trinny and Susannah. Not sure which is yours. Abdul and Liz? My guess. It's not available. I tried.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm not telling which episode is mine... How's Kamry?
Old 05-13-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks Kiki I'll check those out!
I watched Codegirl earlier, which I liked more than I expected, and now I'm watching the Hunting Ground which so far I really don't recommend to anyone here, I'm glad i'm watching it but it is very triggering for most survivors I would imagine.

One question for the Americans though came from this - the university Notre Dame in the US is pronounced so strangely to me, I never realised thats how it's pronounced there. I speak a little french and it's definitely not how they would pronounce it, so I'm curious why it's so different in America? I don't recall another word being that different to my ears, so I'm wondering if they have a specific reason for it beyond general accent differences? Maybe its not related to the French cathedral at all? Or is it actually pronounced both ways and I've never come across that? So fascinated!!

And Fabela YES please more doggy photos are always welcome
Old 05-13-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I knew you wouldn't tell, Fabela! Kamry is amazing and smells wonderful. I think better than that is watching my son with her. It's amazing.

Immri - I don't know. It is related to the French cathedral. I just think we have a way of annihilating pronunciations.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Fabela omg were you on Trinny and Susannah?! I used to watch their show all the time with my mother, she loves it.

Bobbie that made me laugh
Old 05-13-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Bobbie, I can imagine seeing your child with their own child is a powerful sight. Is this your first grandchild?

immri, yes I was, a couple of years ago. I can tell you that Susannah is a darling, sweet woman, and Trinny is a total bit**. She was so scary!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Second granddaughter. First one is almost a year old. Sophia Rose. She has red hair. She's quite the character.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Fabela that is so cool, and the character assessment is exactly what i'd expect from watching them Trinny seems scary even watching her

Bobbie I love hearing about your family, Sophia Rose sounds adorable too
Old 05-13-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yup, scary. She made one of the girls cry.

Yesterday I made a cheese cake, for no reason. I'm regretting that decision now...
Old 05-13-2016, 12:41 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Immri, Thanks. We've always been the normal, happy family. One of my daughter's friends got angry with her and said, "you wouldn't understand, your family is perfect." Then addiction got us. My son, me. I'm worried about my youngest, she's a lot like the 2 of us. I do, however, have a fantastically beautiful family. Now, I'm trying not to blow it.

I love hearing about you. Student, beaches, the beast. A bit jealous sometimes. When I read your stuff from about 2 months ago, I can't believe you are the same person.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Fabela, after looking them up, all I can say is, that was very brave of you. They seem really mean.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie, I can't believe it's me either when I read anything from those bad times, I don't recognise myself. Scary. It's nice to feel like i'm 'me' again though.

I think it's great that you're all still overcoming it all together though Bobbie, it's so much more common for addiction to drive everyone apart. I don't have contact with the majority of my family because of both my own and some of their addictions. It's nice to hear about a more optimistic experience
Old 05-13-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Can someone talk some sense into me? Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are public holidays here, and traditionally the Very Special Liquor Store is closed the day before a public holiday - which is tomorrow. Newspapers are making a big deal about this, with headlines screaming "Last Chance Today, Don't Forget To Buy Your Bubblies", "If You Forget To Buy A Box Of Red Wine Today, Your Life Is Over" and things like that. And my stupid AV is whispering to me that I should obey. Not loudly, just a tiny little whisper. Like a mosquito in the room, somewhere, buzzing softly. It's almost pleasant to listen to.

Someone, please hit me over the head with something hard.