Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 16

Old 04-23-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Get away from the situation for a while JL. You are not going to quit today. You will feel twice as bad tomorrow.

Sorry you are down Lee.

I am in my office again on a Saturday. yay..... Can't get behind. I am not happy about it. But I have you guys.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Day 9.
Blasting Prince. Doing Laundry. Have a good sober day ya'll. can't wait for the Surprise Beyoncé has on HBO tonight
Old 04-23-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
How is getting drunk fixing anything?

One- it's just going to make you feel worse. Physically and emotionally.

Two- you give her more ammo against you.

Three- right now you are the only present parent in the boys lives. Drinking will make sure they have two absent parents.

Take them fishing. Go for a walk. A drive. A quick run. Out on the 4 Wheeler. Go rent a movie. Anything but drink. There is not one thing that will get better by you drinking. Couple hours of escape for days of guilt and total ugh. Don't drink Jl. Be present for the boys. They need and deserve sober dad.
JL, 360's advice is better than what I wrote but didn't post.
Spend your time and effort on the kids. Wife is going to do what she's going to do anyway. If she cheats, even then that won't be enough to guarantee custody since most states are no fault dissolution states.
You can't control people. You can't control her so don't let her BS allow the AV to control you. YOU'RE A MARINE and you're tougher than the AV.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Today may get rough, like I needed that. This may be a drunk is better day.
I've been there and done that JL, and drinking today won't make things any better. It just postpones the inevitable. Better to face the fire today and deal with it. Take the high road and focus on you and your children.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hello February. Just checking in. I have 10 days sober today, and I'm doing OK. I don't have a desire to drink, but my emotions are a little erratic, and at best I feel blasé. But I'm sure that will change with time. But for now, that's where I'm at.

As I believe I mentioned in another post, please let my relapse be a cautionary tale. I had two solid months under by belt and then I let my AV get the best of me. Starting over again has been rough; feeling like Sisyphus pushing that rock up the hill over and over again is not pleasant. It's time to push that rock to the top of the hill and have it stay there, for all eternity.

Well done to to all of you who have over two months sober.

Jeni - 81 days
It's Violet - 61 days
360 - 76 days
Badger - 80 days
Jobei - 61 days
Leezer - 54 days
OT - 68 days

I hope I have everyone's day count correct. If not, I should be close, and I apologize if I've missed anyone.

Stay strong everyone. Together we can be successful; I firmly believe that.

Peace
Old 04-23-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Get away from the situation for a while JL. You are not going to quit today. You will feel twice as bad tomorrow.

Sorry you are down Lee.

I am in my office again on a Saturday. yay..... Can't get behind. I am not happy about it. But I have you guys.
I'm in the same boat, Badger. Self employed but I obtain contracts from the state/county for almost all my work. I work on weekends a lot, especially when I get behind on work. Being sober has helped a lot with staying on track and keeping up with my work load, but I still get behind. I'll be working later this afternoon...I've been doing yard work this morning, procrastinating.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 10 Time2, and thanks for the count!

I'm off to bed now guys. Up early for a meeting tomorrow and I've done a lot of walking today, I'm knackered. I've been shortlisted for a job so fingers crossed I'll get an interview. Goodnight!
Old 04-23-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good luck with the job quest OT.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
Hello February. Just checking in. I have 10 days sober today, and I'm doing OK. I don't have a desire to drink, but my emotions are a little erratic, and at best I feel blasé. But I'm sure that will change with time. But for now, that's where I'm at.

As I believe I mentioned in another post, please let my relapse be a cautionary tale. I had two solid months under by belt and then I let my AV get the best of me. Starting over again has been rough; feeling like Sisyphus pushing that rock up the hill over and over again is not pleasant. It's time to push that rock to the top of the hill and have it stay there, for all eternity.

Well done to to all of you who hamve over two months sober.

Jeni - 81 days
It's Violet - 61 days
360 - 76 days
Badger - 80 days
Jobei - 61 days
Leezer - 54 days
OT - 68 days

I hope I have everyone's day count correct. If not, I should be close, and I apologize if I've missed anyone.

Stay strong everyone. Together we can be successful; I firmly believe that.

Peace
Thanks T2R good job on 10 days. Hope you get to feeling better. I know it's hard for awhile. You'll get back to good again soon.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

JL I missed when you made that post somehow. I agree with the others that 1. You should absolutely not drink. 2. You need to prioritize what is needed for you and your boys and quickly. Don't let her bring you down. You and your boys deserve someone loving and present every day. Not self-absorbed. Time2Rise I'm on day 55 today! So next Thursday will be 2 months. Still fighting with tooth pain but slowly getting better. Stopped taking ibuprefen and focusing on just being very careful and when it starts to hurt I try to relax the best I can and relax my jaw. Could just be flu virus holding on or sinisitis caused it but the sooner its all better I will he so happy! I don't feel the need to dwell on the misteps of the past. Was remebering today how much seltzer I kept downing for a while after I quit - now I don't anymore. Seems so quiet in here. It usually is on the weekend but I think our group is getting a lot smaller lately.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Time2Rise I'm on day 55 today! So next Thursday will be 2 months.
Sorry I missed you PHRD, well done on 55 days. The two month mark will come soon enough.

C&G, congrats on Day 9, keep it up.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Well done on Day 10 Time2, and thanks for the count!

I'm off to bed now guys. Up early for a meeting tomorrow and I've done a lot of walking today, I'm knackered. I've been shortlisted for a job so fingers crossed I'll get an interview. Goodnight!
You're going to get a job, OT. It's just a matter of time because you're working diligently at it.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I'm in the same boat, Badger. Self employed but I obtain contracts from the state/county for almost all my work. I work on weekends a lot, especially when I get behind on work. Being sober has helped a lot with staying on track and keeping up with my work load, but I still get behind. I'll be working later this afternoon...I've been doing yard work this morning, procrastinating.
Yup. It can suck sometimes eh? I got 4 hours knocked out so I am at peace with it somewhat. Will need another 4 hours tomorrow to stay on top of it. I used to could do it with a decent attitude because I had a reward coming that night. Well that reward (drink) is not available. So I can get pissy until I find a new suitable carrot so to speak. Pissy Badgers are no fun to be around. I have been pissy most of the week come to think of it. I went to the gym and played a little this afternoon. Watching Australian V8 Supercar road racing on the tele now so I am feeling better.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I can't wait for the day OT notifies us of the new job. It's coming soon. SR is going to erupt!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I agree badger! We will be so excited!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

I am out in the garden today which made me think of gardengal. Where are you?
Old 04-23-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope thing went better than you feared JL?
How are you going Violet?

congrats to you T2R and those others you mentioned with milestones - you all rock

D
Old 04-23-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,
Day 54 here. I was really knocked down by a bad chest cold this weekend, but i bought Mucinex-D which is very expensive, but works better than any other severe cold medicine I've ever tried. I intend to sleep a lot tomorrow to face another grueling work week but I do have Friday off as a holiday so that will be nice.

I've joined the Icre Cream Gang and have found a Breyer's flavor I love: Waffle cone exposion--waffle cone chunks with chocolate fudge and stripes of caramel. Yum! Haven't been hungry from being sick, but that flavor rocks!

Everything else is going great. Alcohol is becoming a distant memory but I will never let my guard down. I have never gone this long in 4 years and I have saved (gasp) about $400 just from not drinking. Since I am continuing to lose weight in a healthy way, I'm parking the money aside to buy some nice close when I lose about 20 more pounds. I've really been keeping care of myself lately and it is wonderful to not have hangovers, regrets, and that feeling of being desperate.

Again, Dee, your words helped me most about taking alcohol as an option off the table. I have been very lucky in that I have no cravings, but I know this is my last time--and for once I don't feel sad that I can never drink again. I can be just as social without it, and have no regrets to pay for later--and they all come.

JL--I hope you had the strength to stay strong today. I know it is hard with everything you've been under...but drinking and the difficulty of your job and home life just won't do a bit to help your state of mind. Just keep posting and stay strong!
Best,
Lee

PS And, as usual, BE GOOD to yourselves. We all deserve it!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I'll definitely get a job and make you all proud.

Lee - I hope that medicine helps you feel better. You're making me really want ice cream. Forget alcohol cravings, I have ice cream cravings!

You around JL? Hope things were okay in the end.
And GG.
Still missing opalblue as well!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

So thats interesting that 3 of us work weekends. I worked most of the day yesterday. I thought to myself "Ah the weekend, when I get a bit of housework done in addition to working..." :-/ Such is life when you own a business. Just saw the picture of Prince on the home page and it grabbed my attention to tead the article about women in recovery. Good points there. Came out of it with two realizations for me. 1. I'm not suffering from substance abuse addiction anymore 2. I can never drink alcohol again ever to be 100% happy. 3. I need to be careful with other addictive behavior - um - workaholic here. Getting a new location and more hired help. Need to start unplugging from work at least a few hours at a time more often. I bet JL isnt here because I told him and he agreed he needed to just "Be" this weekend and take a break from all the stress and worries of what is happening.