Morning Fools

Have a great day.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Welcome back Drknz ,
Old 04-21-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi Drknz, great decision!

My new heart monitor arrived yesterday, and I've used it for a workout this morning. It makes a huge difference to how much effort I put in to it. Keeping "in the zone", it's great fun. It's a very trendy lime green colour, clashes beautifully with everything

Mariah, how's your fitness regime going?
Obo, hope all's well in HK.

Nearly the end of the week, I'm ready for rest!
Hope everyone's had a good day.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey everyone- it's bedtime here and I'm so thankful to still be sober! It's a miracle!

Nite fools

❤️
Old 04-21-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

must be heavy handed,..... lost another dang post !!

Wonder which sequence of keys make that happen ?!??
Having a good ole' time peckin' away, and then I'm instantly on page 3 instead of page 4 here .... and that's that. LOL !

Freein, ...that's great news !
Might be some snazzy neon color options for complimentary running shoes.

Dumb luck,...... I bumped a wire today, and the dead radio gave off a beep !
Was testing a small LED I'd just wired into the roof of a built-in tackle box when it happened. Turns out the radio is working fine, ....just needed a new connector on the existing faulty one.

For tech guys ,..this wouldn't be any great victory,.....but for me, it was like Christmas morning as a 7 year old !

Still keeping a glimmer of hope on the dead depth finder. Always felt bad about never learning how to use the thing when it was working. Tried a few times to read the owners manual out on the river, but the combination of bright sun and the deck movement defeated me,.......along with who ever writes those manuals.
I do better with instructions with *pictures only* ,....where they say in illustration 1 " yes " ..and a big "X" superimposed on illustration 2 . Either that, or a video to pause and review a million times .
Old 04-21-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

That makes you, by definition, ...a living miracle Izzy !
Which is true !!!!!
Old 04-21-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I gotta tell y'all ,...the news about Prince had me a little sad earlier.

Something about some musicians passing early really gets to me .
Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was a shock for sure - but man that guy lived music and was on his way to lay down some more stuff...it was a life well lived - and lots of memories left behind for his fans.

D
Old 04-21-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I think it makes izzy a miracle worker.

Keep it up izz, we believe in you.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

yes congrats Izzy

D
Old 04-21-2016, 11:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

You're doing a great job Izzy, keep doing what your doing - it's working well

Tops, don't you just love it when something that you thought had broken, springs back to life again? That skiff is keeping you busy, it's great to have a mission. I seem to have happier days when there's a project going on. Or it might just be that the better weather's coming.

I need to think up some winter projects. OH has an old motorbike in the garage which needs restoring, that could be be a good one. I quite like mechanical things.

Friday already, I'm in for the Bargain!
Old 04-22-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools.

It is nice when things work out like that tops.

Never took free for a grease monkey.

In for the bargain.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

It's possible that I'll get all the pieces of the bike back together, but not necessarily in the right places! I have a suspicion that that's how the "custom bike" craze came in to being - fledgling mechanics like me had a go, and realised that there were several nuts and bolts still left on the work bench when they'd finished, and, hey presto, it's a unique custom bike worth thousands

I'm liking this idea more and more.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Freein, ...do you ride those café racers yourself ?
They sure are beautifully designed classics. The bike guys I've known seem to have a knack for detail,.... like you Freein.

Well, today I was feeling pretty beat up from all the climbing around yesterday,...but after further inspection in the bright sunlight noticed the 3amp fuse was indeed burned through. Was certain the old thing would power up once the tester showed power in the plug !
...No such luck,..... found out how to "reset " it,....both a "soft reset" and a "hard reset" ( where you lose all the past data )
...again, no luck.

I finally took the back off and there seemed to be some visible damage ( slight heat damage ) around the tiny positive and ground wires.

It was good to be finally and totally convinced the contraption is shot. The great news is the new and improved next generation of my model is so.ooo dated now, they're only. available online and almost 80% off the original price from 5 years ago ! ( love when that happens )

So this is all pretty exciting. Decided to relocate the VHF (coast guard radio ) to the back wall inside the glove box, and flush mount the new GPS unit in it's place...to visually simplify the console. Get all the visible wires the heck outta here I say !

Just got off the horn with mom,.....she's in pretty good spirits, which is comforting.

Hope everyone's having a good start to your weekend.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Tops, I don't ride on the front, I'm just a mild mannered pillion. I would like to take my bike test one day though. Are you sure you want the VHF hidden away? If that's the emergency call thingy, then wouldn't it be better pinned to your jacket, or somewhere equally accessible?

Hoping to buy a new pair of running shoes today - my current ones really are shamefully threadbare. Just come back from my Saturday run around the block. I've decided to run every Saturday and see if I can up my speed a bit. The London marathon is tomorrow, that's always so inspiring.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

'

Nothin' like learning a cool new British biker term first thing Saturday morn,.....thanks Freein.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillion

Our local Driver Motor Vehicle office only required passing a simple written test for motorcycle "learners" permits. Since their study pages were a whopping 5 page document, even those of us with memory problems could breeze through !
The permit's good for only a year at a time, ..and it was helpful to have ridden so many miles before taking the actual rider road test on their little concrete pad outback with all the painted yellow lines.

Hope you'll be able to find a great fitting pair of running shoes today,

Planning to keep sorting through the shop today,...it's still in terrible disarray.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools

Rainy and blah here.

Ok, I had to google to see what pillion was. You should take the test free. Are you going to enter the London marathon in the near future?

You did all that you could to try and get it working tops, hope you get a great deal.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

love Saturday mornings- speaking of running, my daughter just finished track season and did pretty well for a newbie. We were pretty proud and she has been very sore!

I've had memory issues for a while too. Even here, I have to scroll down to remember what y'all have said. Does the brain repair itself over time? I certainly hope so. I have heard that exercise helps that(another reason I really should start head over to the gym like I keep intending to ).

Don't know what pillion means either. maybe I'll remember to google it, lol

Mariah and obo- pls check in soon- we miss you!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Izzy,.....just click on the Wiki link ^^^ in my last post. It may not be showing as a link if you're on a phone,,,..
I'd be the last one to know about those techie things !

How far away is the gym Izzy ?
If it's not too far you could ride a bike there ,...skip the gym, ride back home and call it good. That's cool your daughter had a stellar rookie season !!

Still poking along on the skiff,.... managed to fabricate and install a small aluminum L angle for a switch that'll control the hidden bait well LEDs and two amber courtesy lights aft . along with a hidden utility LED in the battery drywell. Made the bracket too long initially and couldn't cannibalize it, so fabricated another. Made a rubbing of the hole pattern to avoid drilling extra holes for the second one.
And wrestled around modifying the tie downs on a cheap cooler to fit some sweet looking SS shackles for hard plastic bungee hooks. The metal hooks on the cooler bungee that came with this used skiff always looked kind of dangerous ,..... pointy things on elastic bands seem like a bad idea in the river.

Freein, I thought about your reservations concerning the VHf ,...but think of it like your cell phone in the glove box to call 911. It'll be protected from the elements and hopefully more reliable when that fateful day comes. Those VHf channels may be to boaters what CB Radio's are to truckers ?

I'll have to read up on the lingo,...." breaker, breaker, good buddy " probably won't do !?!

Hopefully the LED's will arrive next week sometime . Some youtube folks suggested hooking them up before drilling any holes to find the optimum location. Sounds right,.....
That'll be night work.

Hump night for me,.... it's not even midnight and no loud parties here yet,.... hopefully any barflies will ease on in later real quiet like.

Hope y'all have a joyous Sunday
Old 04-23-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Didn't know what to say...
still dont.
No dramas, had just done 2 weeks, the drank at a gig on friday.
Properly.

Im confused about it all....

But I am prepared to commit to starting a 1 year journey again...

Will post more tomorrow, still sick from friday.

congrats freein.....a great effort!