Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 26

Old 06-19-2016, 09:36 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm living proof you don't need to drink to be a muso.

I do agree there's a lot of ego/pride and ideas of manhood that goes into the mindset of the hard drinking rock star.

I really couldn't give a rats about any of that now - I'm a musician, not a rock star

took me a while to get there tho and I'm happy I didn't go back to music too soon.

D
Old 06-19-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Cheers Dee.........maybe down the track I'll have matured enough to play in a jazz fusion band, drinking green tea!

But for now happy to just let it go.

You don't need a lead guitarist by any chance, do you...?

aaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Old 06-19-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL too many of them already Obo

You'll find something when you're ready

D
Old 06-20-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear you drank obo but glad you are back.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

If playing is something you enjoy obo, there's no reason you can't play on your own and one day you may find a group to play with that are all sober. Not everyone feels the need to drink.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

All this talk of music is making me think I should get back to the piano - it's been neglected over the past few months. Time is a bit limited at the moment, because I'm trying to support my parents as much as I can. There's so much I want to do, but so little time. I have no idea how I ever had time to waste by drinking. I never used to get anything done in the evenings!

I have a few days off work in 3 weeks time, hopefully I'll get back on the piano stool then.
Hope everyone's had a great start to the week.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Morning All,

Day 3.
24 days till departure....

Cooked brown rice and red lentils last night, enough for 3 days.
I read once, somewhere that brown rice and lentils were the perfect protein.

Drinking water, eating right, back in the game!

Rock n roll is the devil.....: Now for mine, there's something in that! If we all have an angel and a devil, or yin yang etc......Then rock n roll, for me, appeals to the devils side! They were right about that in the 50's and 60's, it was the beginning of the end of some sort of civil morality.

Good for you Freein, I wish I could play the Piano. I may well teach myself when we get home. I plan on taking a few months off after all of this. Meditation and yoga classes, Melbourne is great for alternative communities......

On a countdown now, most of the work has been done. A few little things, red tape etc... but all in all It's nearly over.

My wife finishes work this week. She really does deserve a medal for the last 2 years here. It's been intense to say the least!

Hope all are well, I wonder about ST and Luc and Rocks and all the other fools out there.......I hope all are well if you see this.

Feeling good today!

Old 06-20-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Great stuff Obo!
You're right about the lentils and rice - if you mix a pulse with any kind of grain it provides the complete proteins for your body (all the essential amino acids). I try to do that as often as I can, even if the grain is in the form of bread.
It's good to hear you're looking after your nutrition, you'll need some energy for the move.
It's busy this week, I'm trying to keep my motivation up, but it keeps sliding backwards when I'm not looking!
Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Morning All,
Feeling good about things!

Hope all are well!

Has anyone watched the video of the attacks against Trump supporters after a rally....?

Love to know your thoughts Tops and Up and Mariah on the election and who is going to win....

How are you voting Freein..... my wife says England should stay in the EU, more security etc in a team.... But I dont know....

Wearing shorts and thongs today, as an act of defiance I guess. No more classes for me, just a few meetings and setting course work.

Hope all are well.....!

Old 06-21-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good morning to you obo and Dee.

I'm not sure which politician is going to win ... I do know who is going to lose though, the American people.

To quote Forrest Gump ~ That's all I have to say about that.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Australia's not far behind Up...

The current political issue in Oz is health insurance, which is free under Medicare. Well sort of free......

The more I study the form in Australia the more I see we as a country are suffering from massive political issues, immigration, health, welfare, education, domestic violence......

Maybe it's just the papers and crap I read!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm with Up on that one.....what a sad, sad choice of candidates & I wouldn't vote for either one of them. We the people my ---! Money & power.

So I got a call last week from the mental health facility that I went through to get evaluated to see the therapist, they said they wanted me to have an evaluation with a psychologist in order to continue my anxiety meds. I had an Internet appt with her today. She wants me to try some different anxiety meds & also an anti depressant. I have psoriasis & have had trouble in the past with beta blockers flaring the condition but will give it a try. I really liked her & feel like I finally have some people that understand the extent of the anxiety, my struggle with addiction & my desire to stay sober. Feeling hopeful

I had today off & was supposed to have tomorrow off but was called today & asked to cover for someone tomorrow in trade for Saturday off. I really was looking forward to the 2 days off but such is life. Ill be at the front desk so that will be OK. The residents are wonderful & I've had several of them tell me I should be at the front all the time & that it's nice to see someone with a smile on their face
Old 06-21-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

It seems that every election we have to choose the lesser of two evils. This year it seems they have decided to go to extremes.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

There was a cartoon with Trump in red and Clinton in blue, that seemed accurate!

That's the thing isn't it. The only choices you have, in Australia too, are both seriously flawed people.

So the ideal of a democratic nation is unobtainable because both sides are now controlled to an extent by big business, it's where their money comes from to campaign, so in the end especially in relation to domestic policies, I don't think it matters who you vote for.

Great movie out called "All the Way", an LBJ movie!
It's pretty good, all about the civil rights movement and his part in it.

Must be 35 outside, a real Asian summer day!!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-27-a.html

D