Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 26

Old 04-14-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools

Hang in there izzy, you can do this. We have faith in you and you are worth it.

Thanks tops.

Hope everyone is well. If you are struggling please reach out for help.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Free mentioned about green cleaners, I don't know if it ok to link to Amazon here but search for "Natural Green Cleaning: How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless Without Toxic Cleaners Kindle Edition" it's free for kindle.

Natural Green Cleaning: How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless Without Toxic Cleaners Kindle Edition
Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's great UP, I have a kindle so I'll check that out.

I think the "gardening fever" should be taken more seriously - those of us afflicted should have a few days/weeks off work while we recover! Perhaps even prescribed a packet of seeds as a tonic?

I've decided to run a 5k park run this Saturday. When I tried it before, last year, it could only be described as a once in a lifetime humiliating experience. So I thought I'd just see if all my exercise has made a difference, and try it again.

I'm definitely in line for a personal best.

Let's finish this week strong x
Old 04-14-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Free ....we will be rooting for you Saturday! No doubt your commitment to your exercise will pay off big in this years run! I have started back on my program this week & took Grandaughter Dog out for a speed walk & sprints today after a workout in the weight room......feels great but I'm thinking a hot bath is in the works tonight

Went to an AA book study today & met with my sponsor after. I can't say I'm excited about it but "willing".

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Need a good movie suggestion to watch with teen Son Tonight???
Old 04-14-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you've started back on your exercise programme, Mariah! I have to do my workout as soon as I get out of bed, otherwise I know it won't get done. Just finished my half hour now, and tucking in to breakfast.

My training shoes are a bit old and thread bare but they'll do for Saturday. It's a muddy affair!

Have a great end to the week everyone.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good Luck, Free!
Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Izzy, I'll be running as the Fools representative!

Have a great weekend everyone.

I'm in for the Bargain
Old 04-15-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for my absence guys - took a fall but back on deck now. I'll catch up progressively

D
Old 04-15-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sorry to hear about the fall Dee & glad your on the mend.......take it easy.

I'm so excited for you on your run Free!! Run your heart out
I will be cheering you on from here!!

Busy day here.....I have not cleaned garage all winter & it was just a mess. I've been putting it off for over a week but finally stepped out there today & did the deal. spent the rest of afternoon with teen son.....Prom....tux fitting & shoe shopping. Neither of us like to shop but we did what we needed to do early morning for me tomorrow & ready to chill for awhile. In for the bargain.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear about the fall Dee, glad to hear that you are feeling better. I was wondering where you were yesterday.

I really need to clean my garage too Mariah.

We will be cheering you on free, I'm sure you will do better this year.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dee, sorry to hear you've taken a fall, I hope your ok now, hope it hasn't knocked your confidence too much.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I started the run like a gazelle, and finished like a gazelle. The bit in between was a bit more like a hippo, but I'm pleased with my effort. I shaved 3 minutes off my time, and more importantly it felt much easier than before. I think I might have got the running bug back!

Thanks for your support team - you were all on my mind every step of the way

No prize money or medals to share though, sorry about that.

Now for a hearty bowl of leek and potato soup, then outside to help with the conservatory .

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Dee, sorry to hear you've taken a fall, I hope your ok now, hope it hasn't knocked your confidence too much.
I've been falling since I was a baby Free - it's part of the way things are...I'm not as supple as I used to be tho LOL

D
Old 04-16-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Whoo Whoo Free!!! awesome!!

He don't quite have the same bounce do we Dee

Have a good day all!
Old 04-16-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congrats on shaving so much time Freein !!
Two new kicks may be a way great to commemorate two years !?!

Was the course designed to be muddy ?
My SIL has participated in several "mud runs" ,... never witnessed one of those set-ups myself.

Mariah, ...I [B]wish[/B. ] I could describe the length of time my shop has been a mess in terms of days,...or weeks, ( or months even ) ...

Glad you're on the mend Dee ,

Still having no luck getting the trolling motor to run,
It'll take a few months to save up for another one, so on the bright side, I guess there's plenty of time to research how to fix the darn thing .

May sleep outside before work tonight, since the sun finally came out .

Y'all take care.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

It's not really designed as a mud run, its just over park land, so it gets muddy after a bit of wet weather. I've decided to do a little run each Saturday, just around home, so I can start to increase my speed. I could do with some new running clothes, as I do look a bit scruffy in my current garb.

I hope you didn't get burnt sleeping in the sun Tops!

The conservatory is starting to grow from the ground up. It's not going to be a particularly big space, just somewhere for us to sit and watch the sun go down. The fish seem to be doing OK in their temporary home. I'm looking forward to showing them their permanent, palatial residence once it's constructed. They won't know themselves - it'll be a classic case of pauper' s to prince's in fish world, the goldfish kingdom will speak about it for centuries to come. A bit like the great exodus. I wonder if they might come to think of me as Moses? (Without the beard!)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. I'm off to my parents bit later than usual today, as there's no church service this morning - it's nice not to have to rush around.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning fools.

Proud of you free, I couldn't have done a distance run with my back the way it is but, I never was much of a distance runner before that. I'm more of a sprinter.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks UP. I hope you get some relief from your back pain soon. Have you found a helpful Dr yet?

My Mum's mental health is deteriorating so quickly. We're at the point where day care would be helpful, but I don't think she's overly keen. Dads looking really tired, and I'm worried that he's doing too much. Being old is fine so long as you're healthy.

It's a beautiful evening here. I wish the weekends were longer!

Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Way to go free! Cute running clothes definitely sound in order nothing like a well deserved reward. Can you post a pic of your fish haven when you're done? That does sound like the perfect way to watch the sun go down.

Tops, did you enjoy that outdoorsy nap? Do you have a hammock? We have an area outside that seems perfect for one ... Might have to look into that idea

Mariah& obo, how were your weekends?

Up, the only way I might run is if being chased by something large and scary ... Or small and scary ... !!? That would be scary ... And now I'm cracking up thinking of something small and scary

I am having a hard time being motivated in the fitness area ... I'm going to try a Zumba class ... Something new might help? I will admit that consistent sobriety has given me lots of new energy - has been really nice

Have a great week all !
Old 04-17-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

No, no luck yet free. Sorry to hear about your mom and dad.

Just remember izzy, about being chased ... I don't have to outrun whatever is chasing me, I just have to outrun you.