Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 13

Old 03-26-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sounds like everyone is doing well keep it up!

Another sober day here... 3 days off thank god! Happy easter!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Two AV moments today but I stayed strong.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I LOL ed at your chopping AV in the gizzard. That was my inspiration for dealing with my own AV today.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to everyone in the class who observes the Holiday, and to any of us who don't, enjoy a nice, sober Sunday.

Peace.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to all those who celebrate, and happy Sunday to those who don't.

I'm awake early and just pondering life. I love Easter, it brings back so many happy memories of times with my grandparents. They were special, loving, warm and giving people. We always spent Easter with them. My Nan would cook dinner and my Grandad would hide eggs in their garden. Every year the places he found to hide them would get more and more obscure. One day my brother's egg was on the roof of his bungalow.!

Today I've got a quiet day. I'm cooking a family dinner, and then we shall spend the time together as a family just hanging out.

Today I feel especially grateful for my sobriety and the gift of life.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning all! I thought I'd overslept by a lot but then remembered the clocks have changed for me. I felt really guilty for being so lazy. Hope everyone has/is having a good day.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone! For those who celebrate Easter, I hope you have a wonderful holiday. If you do not, have a great, relaxing, sober Sunday.

Day 27 for me, and I am happy to be going to my brother's for Easter dinner. He and his wife cook such good food, but their daughter has outgrown the egg-hunting phase. Dang it! I loved making it extra hard for her. *cackles*

I have one more day off from work (tomorrow), and I've really enjoyed my week's vacation. It has done me a world of good. Although I love staying home and resting, I see the tremendous value in having a good job and giving something back to the world. I'm definitely in the career in which I was meant to be!

Take care everyone, and, as usual, be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 03-27-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in. We are doing so well class! I'm proud
Old 03-27-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi class..checking in. I was offered hard alcohol and beer twice yesterday.. but I kicked AV in the gizzard..like amazing joy said. I climbed mt. Peak in King co. Wash. Twice again yesterday. Dead tired.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Happy Easter. No young kids and no grandkids yet so I only figured out Easter was today a few days ago! Love the kick the AV in the gizzard - karate chop visual! The biolumensent bay is is in Vieques PR and far from where GardenGal will be. Its on my bucket list (Im a sailor and want to live on a sailboat someday) and Ive never made it to the rainforest there either. Dh doesnt drink a lot but I can tell the difference in the morning. I'm ready to tackle the day and he's a bit sluggish. LOL Great job peeps! Also agreed about JL and wife. The balance of two people in a relationship will necesarily change when one person changes. The nicer you are and the longer you will break the cycle of meanness.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks in a large part to this group, I am celebrating 1 month sober today!
Thank you all for being there when I was struggling. I couldn't have done it with out you!!
Old 03-27-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Congrats optimist!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Great job OOTT! Twice offered yet you still held the line!

The inspiration for the gizzard chop comes from Liam Neeson movies...I think he gizzard chops the bad guys at least once (usually more) in every movie he's in! At first I pictured doing that with my hand, them my elbow and thought no...it needs to be even harder so I did a high kick ha!

I've been accidentally gizzard chopped once and it can really render one powerless immediately. It's a great thing to keep in mind for self defense too!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good job optimist !
Old 03-27-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good job optimist, Oott and everyone.
Happy Easter and happy sober Sunday to us all.
Very proud of the class too. 6 weeks for me today. I could not have gotten this far without you guys.

It's going to be a quiet and sullen easter for me. No kids for the first time in 11 years. No easter egg hunt. No supper for me.
It is what it is.
Tomorrow is another day.
My headaches are getting worse every morning. I wonder how bad they have to get before I see my doc. I think they are migraines from the severity and symptoms. Just generally feeling hopeless and helpless and I think the headaches are a very big contributing factor to that. Part of me wishes I would just stroke out and die. I'm sure that will pass too.

Kiss your kiddos for me.
Big hugs to all of you on this day of celebration. You guys are all awesome.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

You folks are the best! My plan involves checking in to SR even on days when I might think "I do not need to."

When I awakened this morning, every part of my body ached in the most terrific manner. My groggy morning mind first thought "hangover?" until I realized that I had simply overexercised the previous workout.

Having your body ache from healthy living beats having it ache from self-poisoning.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Mel have you tried Sportleggs? It removes amino acid build up on muscles after exercise. I take it before and after riding or running.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sorry you're bummed out Del. The this time refocus. Look at me... never had an easter at all..ever..and I'm okay.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Del. We are doing nothing for Easter. If you want you can have my 12 year old. She drives me crazy... lol Cheer up. You are alive and although today feels crappy you have no idea whats going to be your situation months from now. Hyped up holidays change our expectations and they shouldn't. Its one small day of many. :-)
Old 03-27-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Del! You are right this too shall pass. You will be OK as long as you keep making the next good decision!