Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 13

Old 03-26-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

360 - wow congrats on 48 days you are just around the corner to 50 which sounds so cool...1/2 way to 100!

OT - 39...weeks! Tomorrow you will meet my current goal of 40 days. Very inspiring!

Del - congrats on 6 weeks! You are really a trooper and are showing us that we can all get through rough times without drinking. You are holding your ground even though it may cross you mind or you face the AV, showing that you know it won't help anything. Great stuff!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks 360. I keep reminding myself that I'm on the right path and I know certain things will happen with time. If you can stay strong for 3 years then I must be able to, too. It's going to be a long hard road yet. But I intend on staying the course.

I haven't really had any drinking drears that I can recall. I sleep deeply and wake up with head aches every day.
Weight coming off for me hasn't been an issue which is unusual for me. It likes to stick and stick good around the 140 mark. That's my body's happy set point. But I've lost about 20 lbs and my muscle strength and tone is great. I'm probably in the best shape of my life. I still don't eat great. But I don't eat really any sweets at all besides coffee and pop now. But being on the strapped for cash diet has helped. Lol
Old 03-26-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Thanks 360. I keep reminding myself that I'm on the right path and I know certain things will happen with time. If you can stay strong for 3 years then I must be able to, too. It's going to be a long hard road yet. But I intend on staying the course.

I haven't really had any drinking drears that I can recall. I sleep deeply and wake up with head aches every day.
Weight coming off for me hasn't been an issue which is unusual for me. It likes to stick and stick good around the 140 mark. That's my body's happy set point. But I've lost about 20 lbs and my muscle strength and tone is great. I'm probably in the best shape of my life. I still don't eat great. But I don't eat really any sweets at all besides coffee and pop now. But being on the strapped for cash diet has helped. Lol
You can stay strong and it's so worth it. You'll look back and be amazed at how quickly it went by. You're on the right path, never doubt it. It's all rewarding in the end.

I weigh 115/116 but I'm really small lol. I say I'm 5'1" but that's pushing it. I laugh at myself because I used to be super feisty and fight etc... My mind (or being drunk, whatever) thinks I'm much bigger than I really am.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Well, we had to cancel the trip. United wouldn't let me board the plane to Ecuador. It seems many countries now require that your passport be valid for 6 more months, even Mexico. Mine expires in 5.5 months. Really bad luck. I'm depressed about this, but we will try to make the best of it. Bags are all packed, so we have to decide where to go. Maybe Puerto Rico, since it's a US territory, it doesn't have this stupid passport rule. Or we might get in the car and travel around the Golden State.

Ugh.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Well, we had to cancel the trip. United wouldn't let me board the plane to Ecuador. It seems many countries now require that your passport be valid for 6 more months, even Mexico. Mine expires in 5.5 months. Really bad luck. I'm depressed about this, but we will try to make the best of it. Bags are all packed, so we have to decide where to go. Maybe Puerto Rico, since it's a US territory, it doesn't have this stupid passport rule. Or we might get in the car and travel around the Golden State.

Ugh.
Omg. This is terrible, I'm so sorry for you!
Old 03-26-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh GG that sucks! So sorry that happened! You sound like you will try to make lemonade out of the lemons.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

GG that stinks. but like I said last night, you can always come here!! I too am sure you will have a fantastic time. Let us know when you figure out where you're going!
Old 03-26-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Congratulations on people racking up the days and reaching their milestones. GG, when my vacations go haywire I console myself be reminding myself "it's not where you are but who you're with." OT, job hunts without alcohol have to be a lot easier than with alcohol--even if the enterprise is not entirely easy in itself; the fact you are on this list puts you many steps ahead in the job effort!

And if Cococo = Co^3, and GG = G^2, then is OOTT = OT^2?
Old 03-26-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Phrd, I love the breakfast in bed idea!! That is so sweet! What a good way to strengthen the matrimonial bonds
Old 03-26-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks, y'all. I posted about it late last night when we found out. What a shock. It sucks that United didn't inform us sooner.

Well, we can still use the $$ to fly somewhere else on United. And the eco-lodge in Ecuador will let us use the deposit for up to a year, so we will go in summer. We were able to cancel other things without penalty, so it's not as big of a money loss as we originally thought.

Lesson learned! Your U.S. passport expires 6 months before it actually expires. Who knew??

I just rush ordered Puerto Rico books. Looks like that's where we may end up! It's tempting to just stay home and do home projects, but I sort of need to get outta Dodge.

GG that stinks. but like I said last night, you can always come here!! I too am sure you will have a fantastic time. Let us know when you figure out where you're going!
Yep, Canada doesn't have this dumb rule! My DH feels bad for not checking this stuff out. Shiz happens.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

What about D2? Like r2d2
Lol
Double Dee! Hahaha
I used to get called DeeDee in real life when I was younger. It hung around a bit into adult hood. (And yes Dee I'm not gonna post that which I should not this tI'm psthankyouagainmuchly)

So co3, g2, o2t2?
D2?
Old 03-26-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Phrd, I love the breakfast in bed idea!! That is so sweet! What a good way to strengthen the matrimonial bonds
I should be on an airplane right now, but I just announced that I want to go out for a huge, bad for you type breakfast. I see a linguiça omelette and potatoes in my very near future.

And Mel, you're right. I don't want to be stressed, so it doesn't matter where we go, as long as it's relaxing!

The good news is that now Jr won't miss the Easter egg hunt at church tomorrow, LOL.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I bet you its a safety thing in case you end up stuck there due to health, legal, political problems or something. It would probably compound an already difficult situation so they have to have some kind of guidelines in place?

Who knows. Not me.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am doing something a bit nuts today but you will understand. I am going to intensify my resolve by enacting a "funeral" ritual for the death of alcohol (as far as I am concerned). I know it sounds goofy, but I want to sharpen my visualization of the habit as put to rest, dead, kaput, done, passe, extinct, departed, six-feet under, croaked.

You will notice I did not mention "bought the farm" since y'all are selling a farm :-)
Old 03-26-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
I should be on an airplane right now, but I just announced that I want to go out for a huge, bad for you type breakfast. I see linguiça omelette in my near future.

And Mel, you're right. I don't want to be stressed, so it doesn't matter where we go, as long as it's relaxing!
What is that? Linguica?

Please don't make me Google it. I beg you. Lol
Old 03-26-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Lol Mel. I like that.
Visualization is very powerful.
I'm afraid if I tried to enact funeral on av today it would waken my inner beast and I'd rip it out its coffin and beat it's dead corpse to even deader. Seems counter productive so I'll just the grump sulk in the corner and carry on forward for now.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

360 - 48!
OT - 39!
Del - 42 (6 weeks)!
JL - Cant find number but i know you are kicking butt.

Solid Very Solid
Old 03-26-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

What about D2? Like r2d2 Lol Double Dee! Hahaha
R2D2 says Deedee is E4D2, the long-lost twin
Old 03-26-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm afraid if I tried to enact funeral on av today it would waken my inner beast and I'd rip it out its coffin and beat it's dead corpse to even deader.
Sell this idea to SciFi channel and retire rich. . .

Or Lifetime channel, if you put the AV in a yuppie ex-husband business suit . . .
Old 03-26-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

GG Very sorry to hear about your trip. That is awful. Let us know when you find a new location. fyi - I plan to rip the heads off of a whole bunch of crawfish today. Having them flown in live from Louisiana. Should be here in a couple of hours.