Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 5

Old 04-21-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi Steely and all
I really hope you get better soon...

I have heard of vegemite but never laid eyes on it, I knew it was an Australian food of some sort.

Guys, what is gaol?
Old 04-21-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I am getting very worried about never being able to sleep properly, I mean I should be over this by now. I had just an hour of light sleep with sleep paralysis, the thing with the weird half consciousness and thinking someone is looming around.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I've had sleep paralysis on a number of occasions and it's frightening. I feel for you. Don't know how to help you with the terrible insomnia you're experiencing - I've only ever had it coming off alcohol and it resolved itself.

Gaol is the old-fashioned British way of spelling jail, and gets used from time to time in Australia. I live vegemite on toast, especially with lots of butter. I used to have it every morning from the local cafe near my office when I worked in Sydney for a couple of years.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Blacky where are the cat pics from- is the one in your avatar yours?
They were mine .. passed on now .. one in AV was after a flea bath ..

The black one just wondered in one day and started on the food bowl .. and impersonated another black cat I had .. took me a minute to realize she actually had a much nicer coat .. wondered off one day after a few years ..
Old 04-21-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Thanks MsP for your good wishes and am taking myself to the doctor. Hope you are feeling better? Did you have an infection after all?

I feel " as crook as Rookwood". One of my previous posts talked about Rookwood being a cemetery and this descriptor is an old saying for when a person feels unwell.

Congratulations on the role play, hard to feign "expert". Am I right to think it was role play as part of your work?

I saw Barack Obama taste Vegemite once and he had an automatic gag response. It was quite funny because he tried to be polite.

MissP when did gaol become old fashioned English? I thought that's how it was spelt. Just like colour.

Do you speak with your doctor about your sleep sleepie? Would exercise help? Maybe make you feel that really satisfying tiredness that comes with exertion? I'm no one to speak, should be doing more exercise myself. Slept all afternoon so will probably have trouble sleeping myself. Oh joy.

My neighbour friend is really sick. She had lung cancer about 5 years ago and is losing weight and can barely walk. Am really worried about her as she is my closest friend.

She smoked a lot of dope (weed) as well as tobacco and in a cruel twist was a champion swimmer. My 11 days (in 4 minutes) being nicotine free can be attributed to her experience. Lung cancer is not pretty. Her musical and athletic life has been destroyed.

She sorta got sober with me but occasionally I can smell it on her breath. I don't say anything but strange and sad how we hide our alcoholism. Her drinking is certainly better than it was, so that's a plus.

Did I notice a white cat in one of your videos Blacky or was I hallucinating? Sorry about your little moggie and hope it didn't suffer.

Agony Uncles is now on TV. It's like a Dorothy Dix advice column done by men and is very funny. It's a mans perspective on relationships, life, etc. first kisses, very funny. Do you say pash America?

Hope you are all well and that you do find sleep sleepie.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

It's OK about the silly ad Dee, I was very young and easily impressed. I think Kraft finished up buying Veggie.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Did you go to London to visit the Queen Soberwolf?
Old 04-21-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi guys.
Steely I'm sorry to hear of y our friend. And so glad you quit smoking.

Sleep was not quite had. I guess as far as the formerly benzo taking people of the internet are concerned, this can take a very, very long time to return to normalcy.

I was exercising a bit last week. I read, exercised, walked, did some other stuff too. All I know is lack of sleep will make a person crazy. I literally drag myself through each day, too tired to really accomplish anything and that sick, slightly nauseous rather lightheaded feeling that comes in waves is worse than the exhaustion itself.

I know much of this can be attributed to emotional upset. There's no feeling better. I mean that's how it works for me, things build up and build up, never get resolved. I have a lot of hurts in my life past and present and what can I say, I am sensitive- I am human after all and only can take so much. It's not a "living in the past" thing and I think it's quite insensitive and ignorant when people say "Get your head out of the past" etc, it is dismissive and callous. Shouldn't presume what one's experiences were/are or what reaction is appropriate.

Anyway. Yeah... no sleep. So, pardon me if I am somewhat cranky or something.

Ugh. Nice life.

Blacky those are cute cats. So you're a cat guy huh? I like animals quite a bit.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

No, sleepie you cannot just make the past go away with will alone imo. If we could we would right?

Everyone has their own timetable. If it is on your mind it needs to be expressed with resolution the goal, not the immediate imperative. I can tell your past has been really painful so let it rip girl. Do you see a therapist? A good one, that is?

Sleep deprivation is cruel and can make you crazy. I've had the experience and it's dreadful. It's used as a form of torture, but think your view that it is a recalibrating of your sleep patterns due to use of benzo's is probably on the money.

I have set my appointment with the doctor earlier as am not feeling well at all. MsP is right, shaky and nauseous is not good.

Not feeling well sleepie so will close and catch up with you later.

Sleep drifting gentle......

You did some great things last week.

So sad about Prince.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
It's OK about the silly ad Dee, I was very young and easily impressed. I think Kraft finished up buying Veggie.
You know I'm not *really* possessed of strong feeling either way lol

D
Old 04-21-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks Dee
Old 04-21-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better after seeing the doctor Steely. Can't believe the sad news about Prince either. I reckon I'm still right about gaol being old fashioned or obsolescent spelling.

Sleepie - once again I think Steely is dead right. If I'm reading you right, there's the intention to eventually feel less upset about the past but realisation that you aren't ready for that yet. I haven't lived your past so can't judge but that sounds like progress.

I have a friend staying over with me this weekend. She's arriving tonight and staying till Monday. I made up the sofa bed in the study last night and it looks passable as a guest bedroom. I could not have suffered a house guest previously (how to hide the extent of my drinking?) so it's nice to be able to do this.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better after seeing the doctor Steely. Can't believe the sad news about Prince either. I reckon I'm still right about gaol being old fashioned or obsolescent spelling.

Sleepie - once again I think Steely is dead right. If I'm reading you right, there's the intention to eventually feel less upset about the past but realisation that you aren't ready for that yet. I haven't lived your past so can't judge but that sounds like progress.

I have a friend staying over with me this weekend. She's arriving tonight and staying till Monday. I made up the sofa bed in the study last night and it looks passable as a guest bedroom. I could not have suffered a house guest previously (how to hide the extent of my drinking?) so it's nice to be able to do this.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

'gaol' was the preferred English spelling up until the late 19th century...then the American 'jail' took over...same word, different spelling

Enjoy your weekend MissP.
best wishes on getting some sleep sleepie.
Really hope the doc can help Steely

g'day out there Blacky

D
Old 04-21-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I think I have given up on sleep altogether.

Steely I hope they will fix you right up. Let us know?

Miss P have fun with the company!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

It's a moot point really lol

Maybe if you give up on sleep it will blissfully arrive sleepie? How many hours do you get?

It's a wonderful feeling MissP when you can have people over without the anxiety of alcohol being present. I used to feel so ashamed when emptying the bottles into the bin whereas now I empty with pride. I hope you have a great sleep-over.

I saw a little stray kitten on the footpath this morning but it ran away before I could catch it, poor little thing. Hope someone finds it and not much use in calling the cat shelter because the kitten's gone.

I see my doctor tomorrow and hope that I can report back with good news and friendship.

Hi to Blacky, Soberwolf and Dee. Hope you are all well.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Just finished reading a good Stephen King short to the bf. He enjoyed it. Pretty cool. Now he sacked out on the sofa while I stay up til who knows when. I kinda wanna read a little myself but Stephen will scare me lol.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Old 04-22-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Spook out sleepie. lol
Old 04-22-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I drove it ,, the wrong way .. oh .. not cross .. but down..

longer hang time .. yeah .. PA is a thick State ..

.. drivin cars with NY plates ,, no license ,,

so what we doin today ?