Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 03-24-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Stay close Ladybug. Don't listen to that big fat liar! It will get better.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Ladybug, We have yet another thing in common (AGAIN). I too felt "off" the first few days and still don't know why I didn't hop right back into feeling great like I usually do. But I'm a day ahead of you this time, day 4, and am feeling better. Yesterday I literally cried myself to sleep about everything...my father, my girls growing up, my relationship with my mom, wondering if I will be alone forever, and just at a loss as to why things weren't clicking for me in sobriety this time around. Honestly, I think the crying helped. It released something in me and today I feel a step up from yesterday. Hang in there. Don't give in or give up..... things will be better on the other side, we just have to get through the hard times.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Thanks, ChickChick & FABL - just feeling so lethargic and moody. This is when my AV pipes up and says "see, you don't feel that much better NOT drinking, may as well have a few...." I know deep down it is all lies, but it keeps getting harder and harder to fight Checking HALT - I just ate and drank some water, not angry, but am feeling a little tired. My little one just woke up from her nap so I'm not lonely. Have some errands to run for last minute Easter basket stuff, but afraid if I am out and about I will stop at liquor store.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

You will not stop at liquor store. I'm hypnotizing you right now, so that you don't. And later I will make you cluck like a chicken.

Seriously, don't do it.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Ladybug I too am a bit afraid to be out running errands. I just realized I forgot to take a library movie back yesterday and I need to do it today. Two weels ago that would have been the perfect excuse to stop and buy a case of beer on the way home. Ugh. Have I mentioned that there is a gas station on the way home that has a drive through for alcohol? And oh the shame they give my kids lollipops! Omgeeze......

I'm not stopping there and getting poison today.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Fabela you've got a knitting question on your wall. trying not to knit spam the class as much today!
So glad to hear you in such good spirits today BTW!
Old 03-24-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
You will not stop at liquor store. I'm hypnotizing you right now, so that you don't. And later I will make you cluck like a chicken.

Seriously, don't do it.
Thanks, Fabela, you made me laugh
Old 03-24-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Day 19 here! My hubby comes home today. Tomorrow night is going to be a real challenge. Hubby and I are going out for our anniversary.

Applekat get a Baltic Amber teething necklace for your wee one. Those things are like magic! You can get them on Amazon. My little one got 4 teeth at once then only had about a 2 week break before 2 more came in. A friend told me about it so I figured why not. I was amazed!

Sending you lots of strength today Ladybug! You can do it, tell that hag to go straight to hell!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Knitting question answered, ChickChick. And drive-through for alcohol? Yikes!

All errands will be run without alcohol today. I performed a group hypnosis on all of you. And, oh, don't worry if you suddenly speak Norwegian for a minute, that's just a side effect.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Man if we had a drive-thru for alcohol I would have been in serious trouble. As it is here we can buy alcohol 24-7, grocery stores and gas stations have it heck even our Targets carry liquor. Did you guy in the US hear that Target is putting in beer and wine bars in select locations?
Old 03-24-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I had a strange dream last night. I was using alcohol for some sort of project that I don't remember and it gave me a buzz in the dream. I distinctly remember not drinking it and getting a buzz anyways and then trying to figure out if I had to start over at day 1.

What an odd dream. That's the only part I remember and I know there was so much more going on in the dream, but I can only recall that part.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
And, oh, don't worry if you suddenly speak Norwegian for a minute, that's just a side effect.
The look on my husband's face when he comes home from a business trip and I suddenly speak Norwegian
Old 03-24-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hi March, checking in from Feb class. It's getting better. Man! This is always so inspirational to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHEsYCBSLs
Old 03-24-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Did you guy in the US hear that Target is putting in beer and wine bars in select locations?
I know that Walmart carries the stuff in most stores and in some locations even carries the hard stuff. Of course they won't sell it beyond midnight here.

It's odd they put that time limit in there. I've lived on a post where I could get alcohol any hour of any day but the midnight time limit here always made me feel rushed and led me to drinking more times than when it was available 24/7.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

I'm new (day one...again), my name is Sam, I am a 40 year old mom to three girls.....
Every time I try this I feel like I gain some control....and then I end up right back here again....I know that most of my problem comes from me not admitting that I have a problem (and my husband denies it as well) but I can't keep going like this....I have anywhere from 7-90 days of sobriety and then I take that first drink again....I am tired of the shame, the guilt and the hangover....I want to make me and everyone else proud.....

I am so glad to have stumbled across this web site today!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Welcome Samantha!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CheckMyself View Post
I know that Walmart carries the stuff in most stores and in some locations even carries the hard stuff. Of course they won't sell it beyond midnight here.
All Walmart's here do also. But I think the target thing is an actual bar and they want you to drink while you shop!!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Gosh I hope that never happens in our area Targets!!!!!

Peaceful she wears an amber teething necklace already. . That's the thing I feel like I'm doing everything right and there's nothing much more to do but hold her for now and work on her sleeping after these couple teeth and terrible cold.

This too shall pass!

Everyone running errands today stay strong - nothing changes if nothing changes, so make that change today!! Different route home, library fees, smaller Easter baskets...little stuff comparatively. Or send your partners out! We've got to show ourselves some tough love I feel.

Hugs class. I have a feeling tomorrow will be even harder than today so let's start planning.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Welcome Sam! I think you'll like it here on SR. Without it, I really doubt I'd be on day 9.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Welcome Samantha.

I have asked the alcohol team if they can put me on disulfaram. Hopefully that well help sure up my plan the next time i purposefully try to sabotage it.

Have to wait a few weeks for an appointment but that's okay

Hope you're all doing well