Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 03-18-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Good morning all,

Day 5 and I will need to be on guard all day as Fridays tend to be hard for me. I don't really have any triggers this weekend (other than a snowstorm on Sunday) and I have a very busy Sat planned with my family so I won't want to be hungover tomorrow. Nevertheless, I don't trust my AV. Last weekend it just took over and before I knew it I was on the way to the liquor store.

Going to try and stay busy today and not even argue with my AV. I find ignoring her and telling her where to go is more effective

Will be close to here all day. Wishing everyone strength and good thoughts as we head into the weekend. Just keep playing the tape forward ....
Have to agree with you here ladybug, arguing with your AV does not help.

Arguing with it for me is giving it more power than it deserves, it's thoughts on drinking are irrelevant, you are the boss and you cannot argue with the boss! We are in control!

I have also tried to stop referring to 'it' as 'he' or 'you' in my head. It does not deserve such respect. It is a horrible despicable thing and the best it will get from me is 'it'. I won't share the other names I call it!

--

Caught mine fantasizing over what would happen after work tonight, felt that pre buzz. Stopped it there and came here for a little read.

All's good, keep up the good work folks

AoS
Old 03-18-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning class. Waking up a little late this morning to start day 6 after a very solid night's sleep. Had some very vivid dreams again. I wonder if it's just that I don't remember my dreams as well when I've been drinking or if I actually dream more when I'm sober.

Back to work tonight after a nice three days off. It was good to focus on myself and my recovery for a few days, gave me a chance to get back into the habit of checking in to these forums regularly, but it's time to go make some money.

My throat is a little scratchy this morning. Winds have been very heavy here this week so I'm guessing it's just allergies from something in the air. It doesn't look like my hands are really shaky this morning, so maybe that withdrawal symptom is passing. So far I haven't had any cravings or desire to drink--I think I'm still on a bit of a natural high from finally facing my fears and coming back here to SR for help.

Awesome that we've moved on to part 3 of this thread. That's over 1,000 posts of recovery!

I'm right with you, clearlyheaded, in that my cravings never come when there's absolutely no way I can get something to drink--like late at night or on early Sunday mornings. Hope you were able to get some sleep finally last night. (And now I see that you've already checked in this morning after a good night's sleep. Hooray!)

Would love to know more about your big day yesterday, Sumi. I hope all is well with you.

Glad you checked in, Jimuk. I guess it's good that your life is busy right now, but don't forget to make time to focus on your recovery. I know you and I have been in classes here together before, glad we're sharing this road again for hopefully the final time.

Double digits, lein! Congrats!

Don't be afraid to post in here once a minute if that's what it takes, Horatio48. We're here for you! Make sure you're not hungry or dehydrated. Take a nap or a long walk or a shower, eat some ice cream, watch some bad television, do whatever it takes to get past those moments of craving. 12 days is amazing, you don't want to have to suffer thru day 1 again! Hope you'll check in often.

Good morning to you too, ArgentOfSilvae!

Congrats on getting thru your conference, ManInTheArena. I agree that it's much easier and more enjoyable to use these forums on a full desktop computer, but it's still awesome that I can carry you guys around in my pocket on my phone 24 hours a day.

I agree that it's the quiet moments where I'm not focusing on my recovery that can cause me the most problems. Once again, that's why I'm glad this place is here 24/7. Last year, when I decided to drink again, I pointedly made a decision to NOT ask for help here, to not admit to those feelings--I will not be doing that this time.

I think there are a couple dozen or so of us who are posting regularly in here right now, probably 50 to 75 of us who have joined at some point. In previous classes, I've gone thru the entire thread and made a roster at one point or another, maybe I'll do that sometime this weekend. It's always bigger than you think it'll be.

Surrender2win, too much sleep is better than not enough. Have a wonderful day 11!

Glad you checked in on us, soberwolf. If the rest of you haven't had the chance to meet him here yet, wolfie is the man. He's a member of my first class here--July 2013--and his honesty about himself and total support of others here is an example I'm trying to emulate in my own recovery.

Hooray for joining us, Pelagic263! Congrats on day 3 and hope you'll be checking in here often. We're stronger together. There's an amazing amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another.

I really enjoyed your thread on causes of drinking again, KiKi0615. Also agree that I'd love to hear from Keets.

I know I repeat this a lot, Ladybug2, but I do hope you check in here often and ask for help repeatedly if those cravings do hit. We're here for you! I don't know if you still participate in July 13, but you know those folks are there for you too. We really don't have to stay on this seemingly endless cycle of relapsing. This can be the last time. Congrats on day 5! It's crazy that you're having snowstorms on Sunday and it's supposed to be 91 degrees here on the same day. America is huge!

Glad you got caught up and checked in, Mish. Hope all is well with you.

Congratulations on 17 big days, Bobbieka. Would love to hear more about how things are going for you.

Kwhite, you can do this! Those pills are NOT yours, steer clear of them no matter what. If those thoughts of taking them come, don't be afraid to come in here and post once a minute asking for help if that's what it takes. Please check in often, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great weekend with your son, Incontrol15. Absolutely love that line "You ARE quit." You're right--it may "only" be day six for me but I don't drink anymore. No ifs, ands, or buts. It's not an option for me.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your recovery with me. I love this group and I love starting my day off right by talking to all of you. Wishing you each a safe and sober Friday! (or Saturday if there are any Aussies in the mix.)
Old 03-18-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

CaseyW - glad you are doing well too and work is always a good thing! I read your post and you words went right thru my heart. Your right and as soon as I read your post it clicked. Thank you for all of your support. My goal for today is 2 applications and one outreach to a recruiter. Have a really good day!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Checking in day 2... Can't shake off this overwhelming feeling of pure anger and disgust at myself for stupid things I do when drunk. Nothing sinister but send people stupid messages on FB when I hardly know then and spouting utter c£^p. I've just plucked up the courage to read mine from the other night. Omg I'd say they were thinking what an alco....could hardly make it out totally obvious I was v drunk. We're in a very very local small area where everyone's talks and I know this type of thing will be talked about. Think is, it's happening every time I drink so I'm building up a nice array of people I hardly know who I've forced into drunken conversations with me. Why oh why? Feel like skulking off and going to bed.

Sorry for the essay, needed to get it out.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good news is you never have to do that stuff again, JustQuit2016. I always hated that day after drinking full of dreadful thoughts of "I don't even want to look at my phone or Facebook page. I know I was on there, what did I do this time?" One sober dayat a time, you can show those folks that you're not that person anymore.

In similar news, I don't think I posted this in here but I deleted my Facebook account yesterday. It's a time suck that I don't need. I had deactivated it for a while last year when I was sober and it was a big help. I just discovered you can really delete it permanently so I've started that process. They say it takes 14 days but I'm sure that's just so they can suck you back in. Not gonna happen!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning all, Day 5 and I will need to be on guard all day as Fridays tend to be hard for me. I don't really have any triggers this weekend (other than a snowstorm on Sunday) and I have a very busy Sat planned with my family so I won't want to be hungover tomorrow. Nevertheless, I don't trust my AV. Last weekend it just took over and before I knew it I was on the way to the liquor store. Going to try and stay busy today and not even argue with my AV. I find ignoring her and telling her where to go is more effective Will be close to here all day. Wishing everyone strength and good thoughts as we head into the weekend. Just keep playing the tape forward ....
I totally relate to your post Ladybug! I don't trust my AV either & I do NOT mine to take over like it did last weekend either! So crazy how that happens, isn't it? It's like something is controlling me! Anyway...we will BOTH stay sober today! I just returned from grocery shopping, I ate lunch & now I am going to take a nap. :-)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki, I meant to say welcome back to you This will be me today. Let's stay sober together ok?
Ok!!! :-) :-) :-)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Thanks for the new thread D xxx I've just re-read all three parts of Class of March from start to finish. It's so lovely to see the unconditional support we give to one another. Oh and KiKi...I'm so happy you decided against radio silence for 30 days. Day 1 or Day 30 we need you with us xxx
Thanks Mish!!! Yeah...I need you guys more than you need me! Ha.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Great to see everyone. Love this group. Doing well on day 17. You guys are amazing.
Hi Bobbie!!! 17 days! Woohoo!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kwhite View Post
Things were very crazy this morning so I will share. My husband tore his menicus a month ago and he is having surgery next week. He went to the doctors yesterday to do a pre op and the doctor prescribed him Percocet. I can't tell you how weird it made me feel. Everything went thru my head about how far I've come, how having the medicine in the house is very stressful but he refuses to accept his wife was an addict(or he just won't say it out of respect). I think this is some type of test to see how strong I am. It's only been less than 2 weeks so this is challenging but I am very busy today so I am staying focused. Hope everyone is doing GREAT today and Happy Friday!
Stay strong Kwhite! You can do this!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thx for your GREAT post incontrol!!! Such strength & determination! Have fun with your son tonight! :-)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArgentOfSilvae View Post
Have to agree with you here ladybug, arguing with your AV does not help. Arguing with it for me is giving it more power than it deserves, it's thoughts on drinking are irrelevant, you are the boss and you cannot argue with the boss! We are in control! I have also tried to stop referring to 'it' as 'he' or 'you' in my head. It does not deserve such respect. It is a horrible despicable thing and the best it will get from me is 'it'. I won't share the other names I call it! -- Caught mine fantasizing over what would happen after work tonight, felt that pre buzz. Stopped it there and came here for a little read. All's good, keep up the good work folks AoS
Agree!

My AV is an evil serpent. It's the devil. It's an "IT"!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Casey! Thx for your great post!!! Isn't it weird how if we KNOW we can't drink we don't have cravings?

Last summer we took the kids on vacation for a week & I didn't have a single craving or desire to drink. The MINUTE we got home I had a huge craving & got drunk!

Why is that? Ugh.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Agree!

My AV is an evil serpent. It's the devil. It's an "IT"!
Haha. Now I've got this pictured in my head for my AV:

Old 03-18-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Kwhite & JustQuit!

Hang in there JustQuit. I totally relate to your feelings of being angry at yourself but it doesn't do any good. Try not to think. I've been working on not thinking for a few days & it's really helping. Staying busy, taking naps, exercise with loud music, whatever it takes!

My mind is playing tricks on my so I will hate myself so much I will drink. NOPE! I'm shutting it down!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Oh gawd! That's scary!!! The evil clown! Eeeeek!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey all, Keets posted to her blog this morning, if you want to go say hi to her there. Looks like she's having a tough time with the cancer diagnosis, as she should be. Am sure she could use the support.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Love the Stephen King clown, Casey.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post

Perfect picture for the AV!!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Hey all, Keets posted to her blog this morning, if you want to go say hi to her there. Looks like she's having a tough time with the cancer diagnosis, as she should be. Am sure she could use the support.
Thanks for pointing this out, Bobbieka. I had messaged her this morning but wasn't aware she was using the blog feature here.