Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 03-19-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

8:00am - Good Morning Everyone, I am so proud to be a part of this forum and I can't thank everyone enough for helping me thru this. I really really mean that with all my heart. I have faithfully logged in at least 4-5 times a day for almost 2 weeks and when I thought I couldn't do it someone talked me off the edge. I will never forget the overwhelming feelings I have for this forum. I had a tough day yesterday and I explained why but it's over and how funny is it that my husband left his bottle of medication on his dresser and I don't even care this morning. I am starting to notice the old me coming back. I feel happier at times and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I applied for a few jobs yesterday and even though the process is long and difficult I decided to meet with a recruiter next week and take a temp job while going thru the process. Ok so it's Saturday and I would love to hear from all of you on what you are doing for you this weekend? I will know you read this post if you respond:-).
Old 03-19-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Right now what I am doing for me is going to bed
Have a good day KWhite

D
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are doing well kwhite.

Going into town to put a bet on for my partner and pick up something for lunch.

Going to watch a movie this afternoon and then tomorrow we are going to the garden centre and for a walk in the woods if my partner feels up to it.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I flippin keep going into the class of March 2013..and thinking my memory is going cos I can't recoginse any of the names haha
Yes well done kwhite..I'm babysitting most of the weekend. So know I won't drink no matter what (Thanks Trimpey)
Hope your partner will give you a share if that bet comes in Argent haha
Old 03-19-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the positive posts, it helps me a lot to hear other sober ppl doing well!

I'm doing OK today, about to go to work for 12 hours so drinking isn't too much of a thought... it's when my shift is over that the trouble begins. That has always been a time of heavy drinking, my last and most difficult day of work over and money in my pocket. The last few saturdays have been really hard at quitting time, hopefully this one will be easier. I'm trying to mentally pre plan myself for tonight as opposed to white knuckling my way through it. I'll reward myself in another way... for me that is a big part of cravings...

I am sober today and grateful for that. I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 03-19-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I just need to come right out and admit that I drank the past three nights. Not too much, but I'm catching myself before it continues to escalate. My youngest daughter left for the beach for a few days and that was my first trigger. Then, and this is going to sound weird...but we got another dog and that change and anxiety about it (even though I'm excited about it), just got my AV going. We picked the dog up Thursday night and that's when it started.
I'm just picking myself up and starting again from where I am. I know I should have come here and asked for support, and I considered it, but, frankly, I didn't want it. I felt like drinking and I didn't feel like being talked out of it. THAT's the problem. Right there. So I have to figure out what to do next time.
Today is also the first day of spring break and I simply cannot continue drinking or this whole week will be a drinking mess with that much time on my hands.

I 'm going to go back and read catch up on this thread. I just needed to come here and admit it before I changed my mind.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

forabetterlife
That was very brave for you to come on here and admit...see you are stronger than you think.
I think it's important, for you to have it ingrained in your mind, WHY you don't want to drink, then wherever you are when the urge strikes, youll have some defences.
I don't like giving too much advice, cos Im only 11 days sober myself..and hey if I was that good at preaching, I would have converted myself long before now haha
It's good you are playing the tape, yes, think how you would be feeling this time next week if you did drink all week. Now think how different you would feel if you didn't!
Good luck to you..get back on the horse before the saddle gets cold
Old 03-19-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

My daughter is home for the weekend. She is a sophomore at university of Missouri. My weekend will be spent with her.

Kwhite -glad you're back. That's such an awesome feeling.

For a better life- don't kick yourself, just start from there. I get the dog thing.

Kiki- your roster is awesome. I started doing that, but only got through part 1. You did a lot of reading. Thanks for being you.

AoS - I like you name. I hope you reap some winnings today.

Jobei- have fun at work, be strong after. You got this.

Lein- I just read your thread, I was crying reading your frustrations with SS. I'm glad you're here and taking care of things. Thanks for sharing your ABC's.

Casey- can't wait to read your posts today. They keep things flowing here.

Dee- sweet dreams.

Have a great day, class! I intend to. And today, I will not drink.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi all
To be honest I'm still feeling a tad grouchy about last night.... I'm trying to get over it though.

I've loved reading all of your posts from the past few pages. This class is really fantastic!
Kiki thank you for the list of members. I also hope those missing come and check in.

FABL I could have written the part about not wanting to be talked out of drinking. I've not posted for the same reason in the past. I have it written in my journal quite a few times lately that I will come make myself post straight away if I start having that feeling. Glad you are right back and trying again.

My cold seems a bit better today. Thank goodness. My hubby is taking my 3 oldest kids on a short camping trip with a group of friends for today and tomorrow. They are all really excited. I am excited I get the time to spend one on one with my 7 yo. We need to go get some new soccer stuff for him as spring soccer starts soon. Then I think we will go see a movie. Not sure what after that but I know we will have a fantastic time!

JustQuit enjoy Zootopia we saw it a few weekends ago and loved it!

I'll be staying close this weekend. My cravings haven't been really awful. As much as I'd like for it to stay that way I am really on alert for an AV sneak attack. Oh how badly I want to stay sober for forever this time around.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yes, Bobbieka, today you will not drink!
I know about SS thing..as soon as they ban gagging orders in this country (if they ever do)..Ill have a book about that ready and waiting.Her other poor kids were put up for forced adoption..one has disappeared, SS are not obliged to tell her what has happened to him, since they removed her parental rights. And the other two are still languishing in "care" heartbreaking..anyway thanks for your kind words
ABC's help sooo much..kept me sober a long time..just stopped doing them, too angry to think rationally haha
Old 03-19-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks lein..I wrote a letter to myself to read when I had an urge. But even that is only as good as you actually picking up the letter and reading it. It really scares me how that switch can flip.

Bobbie, enjoy the weekend with your daughter

It's raining now and I was just about to go for a jog. Its things like that that can derail me. Change. Already it has my AV going. And it's 9:45am.
I'm going to do an exercise video and walk the dogs when it clears up.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

forabetterlife Have you tried doing a REBT (which Smart Recovery is based on) ABC?
It really helps me. If nothing else, by the time you have finished writing it out, the urge has usually passed haha
If you force yourself into the habit of doing one when something sparks off the urge to drink, it becomes easier to go to first..
Old 03-19-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I too know what you mean about not wanting to be talked out of it forabetterlife, there is one thing to take from it. At least you were honest with yourself, chances are we wouldn't have been able to talk you out of it anyway.

Important thing is to take it on the chin, get back up and start again having learned once again that your AV is a sneaky git that will use anything good and bad to get you to drink. We are here to talk to if you need us.

Give your new dog a cuddle if your av starts up, I find it helps. I often sit here just cuddling the cat when my av is a bit strong remembering how many times I have shouted at him, shoved him away or ignored him when I have been hungover.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 4 and feeling better.

I haven't done that since 2010. Serious. And I didn't have a choice the last time.

I thought about this sad state of affairs yesterday and concluded that what I have read on SR is absolutely true: You can't stop until you want sobriety more than alcohol.

Now you could have asked me every day of those intervening years if I wanted to stop and I would have said, "Yes, yes, of course I do! I want to stop all this pain and damage and remorse."

Yesterday, I had to admit that evidently I didn't. Not really. Not more than alcohol.

But now I do.

And I owe a lot of that to SR and all of you. I think I can keep this thing out of the big ditch after all.

Starting a recovery plan today.

Here's wishing the March class all the best today, and keep in mind we just have to want sobriety more than alcohol. And not just by saying it, but meaning it and living it. Go out there and LIVE IT.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I have been reading a daily sobriety meditation and wanted to share it. It's actually AA approved material but you do NOT have to be in AA or even believe in AA for it to help you.

I have removed "AA" and put "sobriety". I love it!

March 19:
When we were drinking, we used to be ashamed of the past. Remorse is terrible mental punishment: ashamed of ourselves for the things we’ve said and done, afraid to face people because of what they might think of us, afraid of the consequences of what we did when we were drunk. In sobriety we forget about the past. Do I believe that God (or my higher power) has forgiven me for everything I’ve done in the past, no matter how black it was, provided I’m honestly trying to do the right thing today?

NOTE: even if you are atheist or agnostic I think the meditation is great. If it offends anyone, please tell me & I won't post any good ones I read in the future.

Btw...I truly believe that the shame of the things we have done in the past is a major cause of relapse (at least it is for me). Today...I will forgive myself.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm new here. This is my 4th day and I feel great. Trying to quit carbs at the same time is difficult, but I'm doing well with both. That's a first.

Looking forward to getting to know people!
Old 03-19-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here. This is my 4th day and I feel great. Trying to quit carbs at the same time is difficult, but I'm doing well with both. That's a first. Looking forward to getting to know people!
Welcome Fabela!!! :-)
Old 03-19-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

WELCOME FABELA!!! :-)

March 2016 Class List:
Theresa1234
Mish
Aiko
Meraviglioso
Jobei
Jade1224
GardenGal
OldSkoolFool
Tobo
Forte
Canguy
Todayiwin
LostLilly
Applekat
sobersolstice
Neverthought
Cococo
Spazkat
nmd
Keets
Kirky
Evienne
Humbug68
JarredMud
TheReacher
KateAZ
CharlesG
Layali
tnek97
Jeff04
Sobersjg
suavebum
Mrskw
DariaM
Missy7
KyloTiel
gummiriot
DeniseLarkin
ColoradoMan
Drangleic
ThisMachineQuit
duderwit
purplrks3647
ManinTheArena
FacingFuture
5upersonic
beerbgone
PamperingMe
jbmetzger
PeacefulRain
bblackbirdflyy
1stepup
ijustwantaname
Siesta
GoingNowhere
turfwars
Forabetterlife
lein
Chinaski
elizke
Bobbieka
Surrender2win
Magnetic
ralatty
Horatio48
jtmlk
BayAreaBob
Rah555
Sumi
Alaska290
whatalaska
snowwhitequeen
Jimuk
kgirl41
ChickChick
Max74
CaseyW
Vinificent
ItsJustMe89
MichaelAtl77
ArgentOfSilvae
Kwhite
JustQuit2016
BeanieBaby
Sillyboy
clearlyheaded
Pelagic263
immri
Ladybug
Fabela :-)
Old 03-19-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome Fabela!

Thanks for sharing Kiki.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Chick, hoping your cold goes away soon.

Pegalic, you are strong. You're in the right place.

Welcome Fabela.

Loved the Meditation, Kiki.