Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday bobbieka. X
Old 03-22-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Bobbieka!

Hubby is watching snooker, I think I'll go to bed.

Night, all!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Thanks Surrender2win and Casey, yeah trying to keep it all in the day and just try and do the next right thing that's put in front of me- the hard thing for me this time is that Im dealing the emotions of a break-up and coping with the rejection of getting dumped without numbing myself with alcohol.

The mad thing is I know I need to stay sober for me to get over it and grow, when I drank this last time after 5 or 6 days the first thing I did after a couple of pints was to text her and thus open up the wounds again, before this Id been strong and avoided contact but now she's texting me again and me her only friendly stuff but its not helping me to get over it and move on.

I need to find the strength not to drink or make contact with her because one leads to the other....
Old 03-22-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Bobbieka!

Sorry my posts are down beat tonight everyone- just one of those nights and brain still up and down adjusting to me not feeding it alcohol again- not always this miserable honest!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Re-Member

No one here should ever apologize for posting honestly, whether it's upbeat or down. That's what this class is for, 1stepup. Getting this stuff out there is so important. We used to use alcohol to avoid these thoughts and emotions, part of recovery is learning how to talk about and deal with them sober.

Is losing or blocking the ex's number an option at all?

Heading back to work. Hope everyone has a safe and sober evening. Remember you're not alone! Come here if you need help.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

I guess part of me is scared of letting go Casey, I was strong at the start when she wanted to stay in touch and be 'friends' and said 'no' I can't handle that, its best we move on' but on that day I drank I just wanted to have some closure but its opened the can of worms again and now Im getting occasional 'friendly' texts which just give me false hope (even though I could never realistically get back with her even if she did want me back- it was a cruel, out-of-the blue, 5 days after valentines day type break-up!), so I know I need to lose her number and move on...
Old 03-22-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

I had a very bad break-up last year 1stepup. And honestly, the best thing I did (finally) was to delete all of his numbers, emails, email addresses, Skype....everything.

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 03-22-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
I installed 2 of 3 dimmer switches successfully, but the darn things buzz. The circuits are not overloaded, so it must just be cheap quality. Darn it. The third one I simply got the wrong kind. I have to exchange a couple of bulbs anyway, so back to the hardware store. Grrrr....

ChickChick, Fabela, Ladybug, FABL - Hang in there. I hate days like those too. It makes it hard to feel comfortable in your skin. BUT, know that it will pass. And when it passes and you've managed it sober, you will feel even stronger.

FABL - Are you doing any dog training classes with your dog? That always helps with bonding and early training can be fun. They are a lot of work, so I know what you mean. But putting in the work is rewarding when you have unconditional love from them!
The shelter that we got both dogs from offer free training classes and we did it with our first one 4 years ago, so hopefully they starting up soon because he really needs it! I keep reminding myself that before you know it, he will fit right in with us, but the early days are tough....
Old 03-22-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Bobbie!

And welcome back 1step, this is such a great group, you will love it I have to agree with venus about blocking the phone number. I had an on again off again, very intense relationship for 12 years that I just kept hanging on to. When the last straw came last summer, I did what I wished I had done years ago during other breakups-- blocked his number on my phone and blocked him on facebook. It was seriously the most freeing feeling. It takes courage, but it can make all the difference. It did for me.

Casey, this dog is about 3 years old, so he's not a "puppy", he's a 75 lb golden retriever crazy boy! Lol. I don't do well with change of any kind to begin with, so I should have known this would be tough on me.

I don't know how or why, but this last drinking episode really took a toll on me psychologically and emotionally. I have been back and forth so often now, that I usually am only in a funk on day one. Not this time, and I didn't drink any more than usual, actually less. I just can't think clearly, I feel depressed and just all around blah about everything. I guess I'm kind of glad. I need to feel this crappy to realize that I just don't want it anymore. Alcohol, and it's effects, that is.

My girls aren't home tonight, usually a trigger for me, but tonight I'm making myself a yummy healthy meal and I'm just gonna settle in, sober and quiet with my books and my computer. And my dogs of course

Hoping the fog will lift by tomorrow, I don't want to feel like this during my whole week of vacation. But I did it to myself.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for part 4 guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D