Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 8

Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning all! I took a brief step away from the class for various reasons, but I'm back now.

I'm 3 weeks sober today! I'm volunteering this afternoon then off to a meeting. I was supposed to be seeing my sponsor at my meeting last night, but she didn't turn up. I was a bit annoyed about it because I could have gone to an earlier meeting (I walk everywhere so didn't get home until 10pm). I'm sure she had a reason as to why she wasn't there, but I won't be going out my way to meet her there anymore.

JL - It's great that you're letting your wife do what she needs to do, you're doing all you can right now. You're right that drinking won't solve anything, so stay sober. Proud of you!

Auggie - I'm glad this class is working for you, I need to start journaling again as well. I love looking back at what I've written in the past and seeing how much I've changed. I'm gonna go out and buy a sobriety journal today!

Mel - Thanks for checking in, it really does help.

Applekat - Credit to you for doing that, I'd probably stick with it for a day or 2 and then stop!!

jobei - That meal sounds lovely, it's making my mouth water thinking about it.

OOTT - Sobriety ice cream is the best. For me it's sobriety every unhealthy food in the world.

Clownbaby - It can be overwhelming it first, but you'll get your head round it. Great news about your brother, and the mural in the nursery sounds really nice. Keep checking back!

safeandsound - I had no fear when I was drinking either, I put myself at massive risk! I'd get drunk(er) on my way home from work and pass out in the street. The last time I got drunk didn't feel brilliant either, it was more of a "here we go again" sick of it all feeling. Take this chance you have and run with it!
Old 03-08-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Good God, what is the right answer??

There is none.

I tried today to dissuade [male] teens from using the word "bitch", several-fold, esp. in front of my son. I tried to educate them that women are no longer the enemy [not that they ever WERE!], but they had nothing of it, and in fact will probably tease my son incessantly bkz of it.
It's worrying GG. I hear my son swear every now and then while playing online with his friends. He doesn't use that word but his friends do..and they are only 11 :-/
Old 03-08-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Big hugs for those struggling. Re-read your old posts sometimes - it helps to see where you started and even on the hard days, how far you've come!!

Knb - 21 day fix is a meal plan and dvd workouts. I don't do the meal plan, but the workouts are awesome (for me) because they're "only" 30 minutes. There are 7 workouts and you're supposed to just repeat after a week (for 3 weeks total and you'll see results but obviously you can/should keep going after that or mix up with another routine). There's two cardio days, upper body, lower body, yoga, Pilates, and a mix called dirty thirty. I have to follow the "modified" girl a lot hehe - her name is Kat

On the one hand, I am at a reasonable weight - in number - for my height and whatnot, but I need to strengthen and tone and tighten everything. The fix helps my strength, tone and flexibility too. And most importantly for me I can do it in my living room.

All this talk may make it sound like I actually work out but I haven't since my high risk pregnancy, hospital stay, delivery, and baby. Loooong time.

I did just do some right arm lifting - eating a gigantic chocolate chip cookie in bed. Seriously like a 6 inch cookie.
Ha ha I love lifting cookies. My favorite occupation. On a series note I once followed the bikini diet by Kayla itsines. It completely transformed my body
I am trying to get myself back into a workout routine....like today. Today is a door day to start
Old 03-08-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
It sure is. 40 days ago I would have been trapped in the house all night because I'd start drinking the second I got home at 6 p.m. every night. I was in a terrible cycle. Thank God I got out.
Me too! As soon as I got home. Down the first drink in one minute. When I come home I still tend to reach for a drink but it's a coffee instead.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning OT

Have a good sober day everyone.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning knb, how are you today?
Old 03-08-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Quickly I've got 2% battery left. Live you guys. Steaming ahead. I'm. Good. Just busy with my son. I want to spend every second with him. So sorry gotta go. Day 7 he. Will catch up when things are less busy. Got a drain that's finishing tomorrow. ..big deal.. love yz. 1% now co3
Old 03-08-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Stupid predictive dictionary on these silly small mobile buttons....anyway...I'm not drunk.....by the way....sober as and happy :-))). Haven't got time to edit the typos

Co3 haha lol
Old 03-08-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Will plug into wall but late here anyway so going to bed
Old 03-08-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Still typing til it completely dies ha. Must turn off this annoying predictive dictionary.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Still going.......still 1%......will read everything later in the week. Will need a month to catch up with you gas bags. I feel a bit out of touch. I sincerely hope DEE is OK. I was a bit if a female dog (aka...b!tch) toward him I think. Lol

Still 1% lol
Old 03-08-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Coco. Charge that phone for tomorrow, ha!

Just read this quote and wanted to share - "The recognition that we may not reach the ideal should not stop us from getting as close as possible, nor should we become depressed and frustrated just because we fall short of the ideal mark." I needed that today.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Got the iPad instead. Didn't think of that. Plugged the mobile in. It's such a small phone for my chubby fingers. I didn't think of the iPad because usually my son drains the life out of it. We often squabble for the use of it. He loves technology.

I still wish I had time to read 5 pages but it's midnight now And I must go. I just wanted to pop in properly without the panic of a dying mobile battery life, and let you know im OK.

I hope everybody is staying strong.

Day 8 for me almost!
Old 03-08-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning! 6 inch cookies sound great! To JL and the person who is way behind on their mortgage you are in the thick of it. Know that "This too shall pass" and keep digging your way out- And it goes without saying Do Not Drink. Stay focused and do the work. Me I'm falling askeep in bed before 9 but up at 5:00AM every morning and at maximum energy. Sure makes life easier to have energy and not be sick aka slightly hungover every day. Day 9. Good job class!!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 9 PHRD.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

OT - tomorrow I'm flat out , so won't be on here much tomorrow either. My mobile is flat tonight because I've been on it all day. I never use my mobile to post here because its SO small, but I left my laptop at home (last night in motel unit tonight) so I only had mobile or iPad. Paid a small fortune for it but would use it once a month because my son hogs it.....that's ok though.

Anyway, I'm trying to make up lost time with my son at the moment. I'm enjoying spending as much time as possible with him. I don't want to spend so much time (as previously) on here posting when he is around.

When I get him into bed, I'm still doing things relating to his care and wellbeing......baking, cooking, ironing, sewing, laundry even etc. and I love doing it. Today I made him a shirt and trousers for a funeral in 2 days (my uncle passed away.....my mothers brother).

Wow 3 weeks. How time has flown by. Well done OT.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So much going on...I only have time to skim through but am so happy for those of you staying strong and committed to remaining sober :-)

And for my classmates going through rough spots (the advice given here is so helpful!) I'm sending positive, healing vibes!

Today is Day 9 for me and my long day. 10 hour work day and church recovery meeting tonight...I'll be gone from 7am until 11pm so if I get a chance I'll check in.

Have a great day...or night. Hugs :-)
Old 03-08-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm off to go buy my lunch and start volunteering now. After that I'll find a coffee shop to sit and read in before my meeting. Chilled out day.

Coco - You really are busy! I'm glad you're able to make the most out of your time with your son. Will your mother be at the funeral? Are you okay with that?

Optimist - It's great that you're keeping busy, no time for drinking when you're working, going to meetings, and checking in on us all!
Old 03-08-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Oops! I'm on Day 10, not 9 :-)
Happy dance!!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! I took a brief step away from the class for various reasons, but I'm back now.

I'm 3 weeks sober today! I'm volunteering this afternoon then off to a meeting. I was supposed to be seeing my sponsor at my meeting last night, but she didn't turn up. I was a bit annoyed about it because I could have gone to an earlier meeting (I walk everywhere so didn't get home until 10pm). I'm sure she had a reason as to why she wasn't there, but I won't be going out my way to meet her there anymore.

JL - It's great that you're letting your wife do what she needs to do, you're doing all you can right now. You're right that drinking won't solve anything, so stay sober. Proud of you!

Auggie - I'm glad this class is working for you, I need to start journaling again as well. I love looking back at what I've written in the past and seeing how much I've changed. I'm gonna go out and buy a sobriety journal today!

Mel - Thanks for checking in, it really does help.

Applekat - Credit to you for doing that, I'd probably stick with it for a day or 2 and then stop!!

jobei - That meal sounds lovely, it's making my mouth water thinking about it.

OOTT - Sobriety ice cream is the best. For me it's sobriety every unhealthy food in the world.

Clownbaby - It can be overwhelming it first, but you'll get your head round it. Great news about your brother, and the mural in the nursery sounds really nice. Keep checking back!

safeandsound - I had no fear when I was drinking either, I put myself at massive risk! I'd get drunk(er) on my way home from work and pass out in the street. The last time I got drunk didn't feel brilliant either, it was more of a "here we go again" sick of it all feeling. Take this chance you have and run with it!

I hope I'm doing right. Insecurities and all that crap are worse for me at day 15. Feels like she's leaving or something.
She used to say, "you're a drunk" to win any point or justify any behavior/action that I didn't agree with.
Now it swapped to " you're selfish". That's what I got when I told her it would hurt to miss her but I understood and would do whatever she needed to get better.
I know I have faults, obviously.
Day 15. That's all I got.
Day 1 of 4 long workdays once again.
10 hrs to go ppl.

Thank you PHRD
Where my hearts concerned I really can't tell.
I woke her up when I left, to tell her I loved her. Tried to talk a little- tell her is miss her. She said I was selfish. Lol