Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 8

Old 03-08-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Good morning knb, how are you today?
Hey OT. I am fine thanks. Trying to eat a bit healthier because I am not happy with my weight gain. Everyone says to eat what I want but I think I am going to do that at weekends only now. If I am going to be honest my cravings are more manageable in comparison to six weeks ago so I don't really have an excuse to eat a pile of processed foods anymore.

Trying to find joy in my newfound life :-)
Old 03-08-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Will plug into wall but late here anyway so going to bed
Hey Co3 nice to see you back ;-)
Old 03-08-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Still going.......still 1%......will read everything later in the week. Will need a month to catch up with you gas bags. I feel a bit out of touch. I sincerely hope DEE is OK. I was a bit if a female dog (aka...b!tch) toward him I think. Lol

Still 1% lol
Got the iPad instead. Didn't think of that. Plugged the mobile in. It's such a small phone for my chubby fingers. I didn't think of the iPad because usually my son drains the life out of it. We often squabble for the use of it. He loves technology.

I still wish I had time to read 5 pages but it's midnight now And I must go. I just wanted to pop in properly without the panic of a dying mobile battery life, and let you know im OK.

I hope everybody is staying strong.

Day 8 for me almost!
Good for you! I am always fighting with my son over my ipad. he has a Samsung tablet but prefers my ipad. The these kids grow up with is astounding.

I remember the days when no one had a phone nor a computer. I use to write letters and cards. Then use the phone or the pay phone..life still ran smoothly. And the FAX machine!! Man was I blown over by the fax machine!!
Old 03-08-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Meh..eating tuna salad and it sucks. Really sucks.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I'm just reading the posts, trying to get the hang of the forum and figuring out if I'm in the right place. Day 9 for me. . .during the week isn't so bad, the weekend will be more of a test.

All the talk of exercise has me wanting to start walking again, we have a great bike path here & good opportunities to watch nature. . .can't do it today, but soon!

Praying for everyone to have a good & sober day --
Old 03-08-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Eowyn57
Nice to meet you and well done on day 9. ;-)
Old 03-08-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
I'm off to go buy my lunch and start volunteering now. After that I'll find a coffee shop to sit and read in before my meeting. Chilled out day.

Coco - You really are busy! I'm glad you're able to make the most out of your time with your son. Will your mother be at the funeral? Are you okay with that?

Optimist - It's great that you're keeping busy, no time for drinking when you're working, going to meetings, and checking in on us all!
No, my mother wont be at her brothers funeral. She never liked him (because he never liked her. None of her family like her actually) and she lives in France. But she wouldn't came all this way for his funeral because she would consider it a waste of money! We are French. My native tongue is French. English is my second language. My parents arrived in NZ when I was 10 years old. My uncle lives here though. The rest of her family still live in France and Spain. My uncle has been completely mute for 10 years from a series of strokes. He hasn't spoken for 10 years, and couldn't write either :-( I only saw him once a year because it was so awkward (a one way conversation with him just grunting). I must admit I wasn't that close to him. Close enough to feel upset, but Im not deeply deeply upset. He had a massive stroke 2 days ago which ended his life.

Regardless, I will be going to his funeral to pay my respects.

If my mother was going I would not go.

Anyway......that's the situation.....so complicated......
Old 03-08-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Good for you! I am always fighting with my son over my ipad. he has a Samsung tablet but prefers my ipad. The these kids grow up with is astounding.

I remember the days when no one had a phone nor a computer. I use to write letters and cards. Then use the phone or the pay phone..life still ran smoothly. And the FAX machine!! Man was I blown over by the fax machine!!
I KNOW! We only have 1 tablet, the ipad. And man......its a wrestling match to get it off him at bedtime. I often forget it exists because he commandeers it. But that's ok because its light and easy to hold and he can do so many of his things on it (read books, music, homework, games etc). I prefer my laptop by a long shot anyway.

lol....so no banoffee then
Old 03-08-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Meh..eating tuna salad and it sucks. Really sucks.
Actually.....I had a tuna salad today that was devine..........tuna salad with cherry tomatoes, goat feta cheese, kalamata black olives, capers, baby spinach leaves, sundried tomatoes......devine! Does it beat banoffee though...............hmmmm........jury is out on that one
Old 03-08-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eowyn57 View Post
Morning all!

I'm just reading the posts, trying to get the hang of the forum and figuring out if I'm in the right place. Day 9 for me. . .during the week isn't so bad, the weekend will be more of a test.

All the talk of exercise has me wanting to start walking again, we have a great bike path here & good opportunities to watch nature. . .can't do it today, but soon!

Praying for everyone to have a good & sober day --

Hi Erowyn
Nice to meet you. Welcome !
Old 03-08-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Welcome ewoyn!!

Good morning OT, KNB, and Jl.

Day 30!!! I reached 30 days. I'm so happy.

Hope you all have a good sober day, Jl- I hope this is a turn around for your wife. Keep it up. Have you read or watched "Fireproof"?
Old 03-08-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

No time to catch up on all the posts right now. I over slept and have a busy morning. But I want to take a moment to share my dream. I don't have many drinking dreams but last night I dreamed that I had consumed some beer. I don't remember actually drinking it, just that when I realized I had, my first thought was, "Oh no! What about the February class." LOL I woke up in a panic. It took a couple of hours to get back to sleep.

Anyway, nice stormy day here, thunder and lightning and rain. I love this weather. (as long as the electricity doesn't go out)

Wishing a beautiful, sober day for all of you.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
Welcome ewoyn!!

Good morning OT, KNB, and Jl.

Day 30!!! I reached 30 days. I'm so happy.

Hope you all have a good sober day, Jl- I hope this is a turn around for your wife. Keep it up. Have you read or watched "Fireproof"?
Congrats on 30.
Yes I've seen that movie.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=OldTomato;5838407]Morning all! I took a brief step away from the class for various reasons, but I'm back now.

I'm 3 weeks sober today! I'm volunteering this afternoon then off to a meeting. I was supposed to be seeing my sponsor at my meeting last night, but she didn't turn up. I was a bit annoyed about it because I could have gone to an earlier meeting (I walk everywhere so didn't get home until 10pm). I'm sure she had a reason as to why she wasn't there, but I won't be going out my way to meet her there anymore.=QUOTE]

Congrats on 3 weeks sober OldTomato!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Njdellis good work !!!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning class! I'm starting day 33 & I feel so much better. I used to wait all day for beer thirty as soon as I got off work. And now I finally have a different routine so that time of day is so much easier. For the past few days I've caught myself trying to plan the future for when I might be alone and I keep thinking if I just have one or two drinks no one would ever know but me. I really don't want to think like that but it's how I've lived for the last several years. I've always planned my next drink. I have so much anxiety because of this. I don't want to ruin my sobriety. I don't trust myself when I'm completely alone with my AV for a period of time. That's how I've always screwed up & gave in. I keep telling myself take it Day by Day! Congrats to all who are still going strong! For all who are struggling I hope you keep pushing forward. Have a good sober Tuesday!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Njdellis good work !!!
JL2014 I was actually trying to reply to a quote for OldTomato but evidently I didn't do it correctly. OldTomato is 3 weeks sober today!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Lol. I get mixed up trying to keep up on my phone. Sorry.
I'm just glad were sober today !
Old 03-08-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Cococo are you still doing the class tracker? YES Banoffee pie today. Damn right. Diet is out the window...again!!

Will catch up with you guys a bit later
Old 03-08-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Would you believe oatmeal and four scrambled eggs . . .