Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 24

Old 05-25-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Gotta bump this thread so Lofty can find us!

Hi Bryan, hope that pain is over for you now. Glad using wasn't an option for you.

Hey Babs, congrats on your month! Whatever happened with your sponsor? How's that going?

A month for Aussie! Good goin', girlie! Yes, some people really find gardening therapeutic. I find it hot. lol Not a huge fan. I do enjoy eating the veggies, tho, so we do grow zucchini, hot peppers and tomatoes. I weeded yesterday..that's like my least favorite thing to do on planet Earth. Freakin' weeds.

It's warmed up here! Full blown summer temps at the moment, feels good. We're going up north to the cabin for the holiday weekend. Supposed to be hot and rainy, we'll see. My bro and his wife are coming, too. My brother recently quit drinking, like 6 weeks ago, I'd say. He's feeling much better, he was quite down. You know how you get all depressed? I remember it well. I'm glad for him and hope he can keep it up. I haven't seen him drunk really, in a long time, more the every night 6 pack type thing. I remember that well, too. Anyway, that's that. Getting my mamms grammed today, wish me luck! lol Lots of doctor appointments this month! I had blood work last week, kinda interested in how all my numbers look, it's been awhile.

Hope you're all well! Keep calm and sober on!
Old 05-25-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

hi guys ! Going to AA today to help with the paper that is put out by my AA group once a month. It goes all over ---different communities,Jails,and etc.
any my sponsor never misses ---I think I will tell her that I'm going to wait on getting a sponsor and keep looking---She hasn't called and I know she has problems in her family and maybe it's just too much for her right now.
anyway---Have a good day everyone.
Hugs
Babs
p.s. Mirage---luv your saying "keep calm and sober on"
Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah time to check in again Lofty

D
Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

My 17 yr old kept me up till 2:00am talking, last night. I was so tired, but I kept thinking, 'you stay up as long as it takes, this will NOT happen very often!'. lol He told me a lot about what's going on with him and his girlfriend. Interesting thing...he has real disdain for drinking. Like, HATES it. Mind you...he never saw me drink, so it's not about me or memories or anything. It's just a real turn off for him. Kid's gonna have an interesting time in college, it's everywhere there. We had a good talk. He truly impresses me with his maturity, integrity and communication.

Heading up north for a hot, sticky weekend with no AC. Wish us luck! haha. (Don't feel too bad for me, we have a boat from which to jump!)

Love you guys.
xoxo
Old 05-27-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I'm having internet issues so, will make this fast and short.
Leaving town this week=end for Graduation and won't be back till sometime
next week. Will check in then.
Have a great and sober week-end.
Hugs
Babs
Old 05-27-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in
life's been a bit hectic lately ,2 trips to town to see the doc , one to get my holter fitted and then back the next day to have it removed , those things are not good for sleeping in , I don't see the cardiologist until June 20 now , but not worried .

Mirage your son sounds like a real nice young man.
Let us know how your blood work turns out.
Have a good time at the cabin.

Babs you have a good time too.

Lofty I hope your alright.

Dee , how u doing.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good thanks Aussie - can we keep this weather forever?

Happy weekend guys

D
Old 05-27-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
orangutan

We got down to 7 degrees c. this morning , I am all rugged up and loving it !!!!!
Got the heater out last night and it doesn't work but I will take the cold any day over the heat!
Old 05-31-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

My blood work wasn't great! I have an appointment with my doc next week to talk about it, but the nurse on the phone sent it to me. I have high cholesterol and am prediabetic. What the whaaaa? I wasn't expecting that. My BMI is in the normal range (weight/height ratio) and I eat pretty darn well. I do like deserts, but I don't consider it excessive. I stay away from pop, fast food, red meat, etc. I do have them occasionally, but not often. I also watch the carbs. Anyway, I'm disappointed. For someone who tries to be careful and make good choices, it's a real blow. The thing is, I don't exercise, like at all. I think that's a big contributor. Since my frozen shoulder started in September, I've done nothing cuz I had to take a break from tennis. And even then, it was only once a week. SO...I've stepped it up, so to speak. I've been walking and have had very little added sugar since I heard. I've bought 2 books about it, as I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should be eating. Like this has low sugar, but it's full of carbs which your body breaks down into glucose, which is sugar, blah blah blah. Right now, I feel like I can't eat anything. And I'm kinda freaked out about it all. I do know it's very common, so I'm not THAT freaked out, but still. Today, I'm getting a decent pair of walking shoes. I'd prefer to sit on my butt. lol Wish me luck!!

Hope you all had a great weekend! It was nice being off the grid for a few days. (no cell service or wifi at the cabin). Spent a lot of quality time with the kiddos and my brother is doing great with the drinking and feeling terrific. It was hot and windy. We (they) caught a number of Bass and we had a nice fish fry with the neighbors. (A Memorial Day weekend tradition, going back 30 years or so.) We planted our veggies yesterday. Peppers, zucchini and strawberries and I have one tomato plant. Ok, I think you're caught up. lol What's goin on with you guys??
Old 05-31-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

hi ! just got back myself Mirage---I was the designated driver on Sat. night after a bond fire at my nephews who is the dad of the gal that graduated. Ohhhhh my we had a few intoxicated people. I did just fine. but, like I said in another thread today it's when they get an inch from your face and say -----Do you care if I have 1 more? UGH !! I just kept telling myself it's a payback Babs ---suck it up and deal with it. Soooooo, I did. The ride home my passengers were all telling me how to drive. I was glad when I pulled in the garage and said EVERYONE WE ARE HOME !!! HA HA
It's nice to be home and in my own bed. We didn't get much sleep. But, I did have a wonderful time.
well, have a good day everyone.
Babs
Old 06-01-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sorry about your blood tests Mirage, maybe you should talk to a dietician . I am not into exercise either but I do enjoy walking ,I find it good for my mental health , I get into my own head while I am walking and always feel better after.

Babs glad you enjoyed the bon fire.

I seem to be on the road a lot lately either seeing a doctor myself or taking my ageing parents to see a doctor and its not just trip up the street I am on the road for a few hours each trip , for someone who has driving anxiety I am doing well , I still build myself up before getting into the car but at the end of each outing I feel a bit more confident.
Not much else going on here.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

hi there Aussie ---Yes, when I was gone this afternoon I had the Drs. office call me and I will have to wait till tomorrow to see what they want. Oh --I imagine it's about my up coming tests. Ick !!! Be glad when that is behind me.
Babs
Old 06-01-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
orangutan

I hope all is well with you Babs, let us know how you get on.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Did you guys see that Dee is taking a break from SR? Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't see the thread a few days ago. He'll be missed!

Babs..I have like zero patience for drunk people. lol I wasn't even one in my day. Even drunk, I would just act normal. People always said they could never tell. Obnoxious behavior is so annoying, I'm glad you made it through. lol

Glad your driving is getting a bit easier, aussie. I know I'm one who needs to remember to keep driving on highways and such cuz I could easily get less confident with that. I don't love it as it is, and I could talk myself into really having issues with it if I let myself. Dh is off today on a golf weekend till Sunday, and the boys and I have a pop concert at the high school 2 nights. It's fun, the kids all do pop music, kinda like a big talent show. T is in it both nights singing in groups and doing a duet Friday night. This is the last big thing of the year! Exciting. Have a great day, all!
Old 06-02-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Editor

Day 1....
Old 06-02-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hi Dave.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

hi Dave-- Nice to see you.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

ok you guys---Here is my story. I went to AA yesterday and told them how I was the designated driver for my relatives the night of Graduation. and all I got was criticism from them or I should say the ones that spoke after me. They said they would have not put them selves in that situation and that I should have not put myself in that situation either. Well-----that bothered me a lot. I know everyone has there own opinions but, I really felt low when I left there. It didn't bother me---after all---I have been just like them even worse. I had no desire to drink and still don't the smell alone is a turn off. Well anywhooo----I just had to spit it out cause I was really upset and I'm going to try and not let it get to me. the gal that was going to be my sponsor caught up to me afterwards and asked if I was mad at her for what she said. and she just said we all have our own opinions. I guess it showed that I didn't agree with them. Ok---it's over with and I just feel better already telling you guys about it. so, now I will move on. Thanks for listening.
Babs
p.s. I get excited when I put things down on paper so, if it's a little choppy that's why. ---tee hee
Old 06-03-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Interesting, Babs! I'm sorry you felt defensive at your meeting. Here you were feeling all good about not drinking and not even being tempted and you got negative feedback. I get how that would have made you feel lousy. I think you're doing the right thing, though. Take it for what it is, move on.

Night one of pop concert over. Looong night, I was knackered by the end. One more night! Have good day, all!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

How are you, Dave?