# 281 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yay sunking!

Happy Veterans Day!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well gang...how is everyone?

So, we're coming up on Thanksgiving ...another first for most of us. One of the last 'firsts' for me. Weird thinking back over the last year and just how different my life is now. Never ever thought that I could be happy and content being sober. I don't hate myself anymore. Well, I don't loathe myself every day like I used to. There are days I think back to the girl I used to be and cringe and beat myself up a little. But those days are getting fewer and farther apart. Yay!

Even though our class isn't as active as it used to be, I still think about each of you and thank god for your support and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without y'all. I'm serious. If you ever start feeling like you've never made a difference in anyone's life, just think of this class and think of brynn....because you've made all the difference in the world to me.
Xoxo
Old 11-14-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

your doing awesome Brynn & your support & encouragement has met much to me also. I haven't maintained my sobriety this last year but I've had some good stretches of it, enough that I know it's the life I want for myself & those I love & care for. I see everyday the struggle & chaos addiction causes so many & wish sobriety for each & everyone out there that suffers in that.

I'm not posting much here in the class these days, but am on SR most everyday (in the class of April, 2014) & feel connected here....my peeps.

Spent the last couple of days raking leaves & pine needles at my Brothers, some side work before I start a temporary job the 1st of December, for the month, as a driver's helper, delivering packages for UPS....really hoping it might work into a permanent position. I have some other irons in the fire for jobs & was just assessed with Vocational rehab & will be working with a councillor to find a job suitable for me. Home tonight drinking some Chamomile tea & going to watch a few episodes of Justified. Thankful to be sober

Gnik Nus....fabulous going on 1 year of sobriety...you all inspire me!!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. It is true- this has been an amazing year. More has changed than I had imagined or realized. I am a different person than I was at thanksgiving last year.
Thanksgiving was my last bender. The last time I realized that things needed to change. The dreadful panic attacks I felt in the days following thanksgiving led me here, where I decided to leave drinking behind forever. I owe my sobriety to this forum.
I watched the winter go by sober. It was a new thing. I watched the spring come. Took a camping trip with my daughter in the spring four month sober. Saw summer come, and spent a great summer with 6, 7, and 8 months sober. Took a trip back home where my family saw me without daily binges of seas of booze. Saw the fall come back around, staring at a year sober.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Beautiful Gnik Nus!!
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mary, you're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope this UPS job works into something permanent. How is your new grandson?

Sunking....awesome. Just awesome. That misery that you described...the alcohol induced panic attacks....THATS one of the main reasons I will never drink again. I don't ever EVER want to feel that way again. That and the awful, overwhelming suicidal thoughts. Never again.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

He is perfect & healthy Brynn Have a great day all! I'm so soar I can barely move...think I will need to go soak in jacuZi at the gym.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Glad to hear he's doing well, Mary! You're a proud grandma!
I bet you ARE sore! Ugh! All that raking and bending kills the back! Hope you get some relief
Old 11-17-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by GnikNus View Post
Glad to hear you guys are doing well. It is true- this has been an amazing year. More has changed than I had imagined or realized. I am a different person than I was at thanksgiving last year.
Thanksgiving was my last bender. The last time I realized that things needed to change. The dreadful panic attacks I felt in the days following thanksgiving led me here, where I decided to leave drinking behind forever. I owe my sobriety to this forum.
I watched the winter go by sober. It was a new thing. I watched the spring come. Took a camping trip with my daughter in the spring four month sober. Saw summer come, and spent a great summer with 6, 7, and 8 months sober. Took a trip back home where my family saw me without daily binges of seas of booze. Saw the fall come back around, staring at a year sober.
#Awesome
Old 11-19-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hey, gang! Just saying hi!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Marty!
Old 11-21-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hard to keep this class going, as some of us migrate to the weekender.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yeah that's true Marty. But y'all will always be my number one!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hey team, was just dropping in to say hi as well xx
Has anyone heard from BBQ, it seems like months since she has left a post, I'll pm her
Old 11-24-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Jen!

I hope everyone at least checks in during the month of December....just to say hi....for old times sake. ❤️
Old 11-26-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!! I know a lot of us are probably in different stages of sobriety now but I am really proud of you all.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi Middy!
Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-26-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi middy and Marty!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
Xoxo
Old 11-28-2015, 04:57 PM