Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 16

Old 07-03-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Leigh! How are you?!

Nice sandwich Mark. Some good eatin there!

Cookies look great Conquest!

Just some July 4th holiday cravings going on. Bunch of BS if you ask me. Time to eat.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Yep, two big ice chests on neighbor's patio full of my former drink of choice with an invitation to join them for their family gathering this evening. I can hear their distant laughter and they are nice folks, but it's just not a good idea this time as I'm having a couple of cravings here and there.

I'll follow your lead Arbor and recognize it for the BS that it is. Gonna dive into some research on some potential activities for our trip next week and have a snack.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

This holiday is especially tricky because booze is everywhere, even on the news. The news anchors were just joking about which of them will be hungover on Sunday... Way to keep it classy, yall.

I'm focusing on the food, obviously. This is probably my favorite kinda grub... tater salad, baked beans, chips with dip... all served on my famous paper plates Venus!

We got this.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Glad you guys are around.

That tater salad menu is my kind of thing Conquest.....and to follow it up with a couple (or maybe 7 or 8) of those cookies. Yumyumyum.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Definitely around. Such a gorgeous summer day here. Drinking everywhere you look...blah, blah, blah. Just ate sushi dinner. . Now out for ice cream with the wife!
Old 07-03-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Administrator

All I can say guys is you can get to a point where those ice chests don't matter and you can be wherever you want.

I think it's good to be cautious this year tho

D
Old 07-03-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I really hope that's true Dee. Really.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Thanks D,

Progress has certainly been made and I can see that I'll get there. But you're right that cautious is the way to go for me tonight. Besides, I know that I'll feel better than a couple of those guys tomorrow.

Thinking Arbor has inspired an ice cream run later. Don't think I've ever done that.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, feeling a little better today, as I had hoped. Good thing, because we had to buy our daughter her big girl bed during the Fourth of July sale. I hate furniture shopping even when I'm feeling well, it's so tiring. But we found a nice little sleigh bed in cherry that will go perfectly with her other furniture. Then we had to buy bedding, of course. Lucky for us we found some with her ultimate favorite design: purple butterflies. That's been her jam since before she could talk.

Then my husband (also a tea enthusiast) wanted to check out the teavana. I liked it and will definitely go back when I'm out of the fog. We got the Yunnan Golden Pu-erh and the Dragonwell. We are both suckers for Dragonwell.

Busy day, time to rest.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Great to know you're feeling better Briar. The furniture sounds nice and I hope you relax over a nice cup of that fancy tea.

BD, I just thought of you because I've decided on chicken Parmesan for my dinner. But I'll bet yours didn't come out of a box.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I recommend the ice cream Mark. Perfect summertime treat.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Morning guys. ♥

Glad you're feeling a bit better Briar.

And glad you're home Leigh! I missed you so very much!

The cookies look divine Conquest, even upside down. (I think).
And LOL on the paper plates.

I have also been feeling very vulnerable.
That shopping trip with my sister made me see how very far behind the 8 ball I actually am. It was a big shock. I have been living in denial.

Stay safe tonight Mark and Arbor. I know we can do this.

I looked up Kung Pao Chicken BD, it sounds awesome.

Hope you're having fun phoebe.

Hope all is well with you Dee.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
I really hope that's true Dee. Really.
I wouldn't lie

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have also been feeling very vulnerable.
That shopping trip with my sister made me see how very far behind the 8 ball I actually am. It was a big shock. I have been living in denial.

Hope all is well with you Dee.

I'm fine thanks V.

My point of view on money is - all I really need is enough to pay the rent, food and utilities - anything left over is a bonus.

I've lived this way for a few years now and I can't say I'm unhappy...yet when I was a full time worker and a musician at night I was making scads of money - and was deeply unhappy.

My outlook is positive and I think that's the main thing

D
Old 07-03-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Feeling good gang listening to Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars 'Uptown Funk' which sounds very reminiscent of something from way back in my day....the 80's.

AND......'bout to chow down on this bad boy! Don't know how it compares to what y'all have, but the shape is right!

Last edited by Mark1014; 07-05-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I have one doona cover, and it is so old it is threadbare.
Every night I freeze...the electric blanket will be a godsend. I have a new pillow now as well, which is good because I wake up every morning with a very sore neck. I don't have any slippers. My feet are cold...this is not a whinge. It is just the facts.

What I didn't realise is how much everything costs now. I was shocked. One woollen sweatshirt top (jumper for us) was $90. The electric blanket my sis bought me was $169.95!!! (Reduced to $69.95, phew).

I need clothes for office work. We looked. My eyes nearly fell out of my head at the prices. Last time I bought myself stuff was 2 and a half years ago. It was all half the price it is now.

So I have fallen behind. I lost touch with all of this. And it was a huge shock to discover this. I don't want or need oodles of money. I also used to earn very well and found a way to squander it all on grass and booze. I wasn't happy either.

I am very blessed to have a sister who is so good to me. If it wasn't for her, I don't know how I would be able to find my way out of the mess I have made.

I wouldn't trade all of this time growing in sobriety for anything, but I suddenly saw how out of the loop I am. The real world is freaking expensive. I just didn't know.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

You are in such awesome shape Mark!!! Very impressive man.

I just looked up King Cone; that's my Cornetto. Yum.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah it makes sense V. Glad you had some help anyway

D
Old 07-03-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about the sticker shock V. You'll get there!!!

I don't shop much either, but with the too short cut of the shorts my 16 year old has been wearing they didn't use enough material to cost more than a buck or two! We have a discussion on the agenda about that too!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Nice cone Mark! Now that's how ya do it.

Prices never seem to go down V. At least not in America! Good to see you though. Missed ya.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

I was quiet yesterday...an AFL (our football) coach was murdered early yesterday morning. Tragically and horrendously by his 26-year-old son.

I just didn't feel like posting.