Notices

Class of June 2015 Part 2

Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

One thing I'm looking forward to is all the money I will save when I get sober. Maybe I for once can have money until the end of the month. That would be amazing. And if I quit smoking too then wow, I'll be a lot richer than I am now.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Nerina,
You are so right about all the money we will be saving! Another plus for me, is not having to keep the fridge stocked with white wine. That takes a lot of effort (LOL!)
So glad to have all of you great SR folks around... So nice to have someone to talk to that understands what you are going through.
Wishing you and everyone a sober Monday.
Ring
Old 06-15-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Joining. I've been in denial for so long. I'm a high functioning alcoholic. Thanks for the support and I plan to post every day.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I'm also looking forward to grocery shopping without adding beers to my cart. You know you have a problem when you have to rotate stores! I'm actually ashamed everytime I buy beer.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class null
Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Is AA or other recovery programs an option where you live? How about church, volunteer work, evening classes?

Congrats on a sober weekend. That's awesome you have some recovering friends for inspiration.
Church is not for me and for the same reason AA (as the focus here is far too much on a literal higher power). However you did get me thinking about volunteering at an animal shelter. Well I suppose that would take care of one day a week so it's a start. Will probably meet some like minded dog loving souls too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I'm really grateful and thankful to be here today. I've had so many restarts, and by the grace of the good Lord, I'm given another chance.

Its so nice to have the support of all the nice folks here. I don't feel so alone in my problems. I have trouble asking for help, because I've had to endure all kinds of hard stuff in my life, for many years. I have tried to escape thru drinking. The worst thing I could do. I have to accept life, all the good and bad, just as it is. I may not like it, but I done have to drink over it, anymore.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Planning on starting a six-month sobriety plan beginning today.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nerina View Post
One thing I'm looking forward to is all the money I will save when I get sober. Maybe I for once can have money until the end of the month. That would be amazing. And if I quit smoking too then wow, I'll be a lot richer than I am now.
Agreed. I'd say booze was eating up around a third of my disposable income. I'm going to buy myself one nice thing every month that I don't drink like some electronic gadget or nice piece of furniture etc AND STILL SAVE A LOT OF MONEY.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrCaesar View Post
Planning on starting a six-month sobriety plan beginning today.
Bro fist !
Old 06-15-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mcfearless View Post
Agreed. I'd say booze was eating up around a third of my disposable income. I'm going to buy myself one nice thing every month that I don't drink like some electronic gadget or nice piece of furniture etc AND STILL SAVE A LOT OF MONEY.
I really want a new computer that I can use to play the sims 4 lol. I have the game and my current computer ran it pretty good in the start but now the sound is just crackling noises. Alcohol is expensive where I live. The six pack of beers I like to buy is one of the cheapest and it's almost 20 dollars.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I'm also looking forward to grocery shopping without adding beers to my cart. You know you have a problem when you have to rotate stores! I'm actually ashamed everytime I buy beer.
Boy, don't I know this feeling! I've worn out 4 or 5 quickie marts in my drinking sprees. Even had a few comments like one clerk asked me, is that enough for you? I was pissed, he was right, of course, but I fired back nastily, no, there's never enuff! It hurt to be called out like that, even though it was the truth.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Mid way through day nine, and boy it is hard. Absolutely no idea why, but my AV is screaming at me.

Perhaps this is because I have started to think about other things ( like doing long overdue client work ) other than 100% concentration on staying sober

I will not drink today - there are only a few hours of opportunity left - and for once I feel like I have some energy,

With a bit of luck, I will have enough in the tank to put in some solid work hours this evening and into the wee small hours and get back on track a little.

So thank you again to everyone in this group - and welcome newcomers - we are in it together, and that feels good.

F

S - Doing laundry on your birthday beats getting hammered

McFearless - Happy Youth Day for tomorrow !
Old 06-15-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Boy, don't I know this feeling! I've worn out 4 or 5 quickie marts in my drinking sprees. Even had a few comments like one clerk asked me, is that enough for you? I was pissed, he was right, of course, but I fired back nastily, no, there's never enuff! It hurt to be called out like that, even though it was the truth.
Thankfully I've never had any comment, but I'm sure they're thinking stuff. Especially ashamed if I go buy beer two times at the same day :s
Old 06-15-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
Mid way through day nine, and boy it is hard. Absolutely no idea why, but my AV is screaming at me.

Perhaps this is because I have started to think about other things ( like doing long overdue client work ) other than 100% concentration on staying sober

I will not drink today - there are only a few hours of opportunity left - and for once I feel like I have some energy,

With a bit of luck, I will have enough in the tank to put in some solid work hours this evening and into the wee small hours and get back on track a little.

So thank you again to everyone in this group - and welcome newcomers - we are in it together, and that feels good.

F

S - Doing laundry on your birthday beats getting hammered

Almost a double digit! Hang in there, you can do this
Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Oh yes indeed !

Mine was when I took the recycling to the centre.

" Good party by the look of it "

I nodded and smiled even though I hadn't seen a soul in days.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I really want a new computer that I can use to play the sims 4 lol. I have the game and my current computer ran it pretty good in the start but now the sound is just crackling noises. Alcohol is expensive where I live. The six pack of beers I like to buy is one of the cheapest and it's almost 20 dollars.
Ouch. Here's like 4 bucks for the more expensive. Wine is like 2$ a bottle of red.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Oh yes indeed !

Mine was when I took the recycling to the centre.

" Good party by the look of it "

I nodded and smiled even though I hadn't seen a soul in days.
Yeah, also bringing all my empty bottles to the same store I buy them to get them recycled is embarrassing. It's like tons of empty beer cans and maybe a bottle or two of something non alcoholic.

Originally Posted by mcfearless View Post
Ouch. Here's like 8 bucks for the more expensive. Wine is like 2$ a bottle of red.
Expensive to have a drinking problem in this country. I could of course go the cheap way and buy moonshine thankfully I haven't!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

To be honest as not drinking is my focus I'd rather be kept busy with work right now that have holidays.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Fradley, way to go! You are making it! Keep moving forward, you've got this.