Notices

Class of June 2015 Part 2

Old 06-14-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I had to put one of my dogs down yesterday. Very hard losing a beloved pet.
So sorry Tang, one of the hardest things I've done. Thinking of you Mayg
Old 06-14-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Welcome to the two new FF's. I am so bad with names that by the time I go back I'd never post but it is very good to have you here.
Very tough evening for me re saying no. I think I have got a bit better at it because I got into that headspace where I was just about to go and buy some but then I pulled back and had scrambled eggs instead. They didn't quite hit the spot, I have to admit:-) I think I like drama, or that bored restless feeling creeps in... don't know but AV was on all speakers tonight. I've got these noise cancelling headphones that aren't very good and am saving up all my booze money ones to buy some lovely ones. I went and tried them out today to cheer myself up. Anyway, i doubt even they can drown out the AV but I can block out world a bit more when I get on with work.
Best wishes to all.
Mayg
Old 06-14-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Let me try again

Hello all,

I was in the class of April 2015, and made it almost 1 month. I don't know how else to put it, but I honestly hate myself. My slave mentality won't let me overcome myself. I'm drinking now, just finished working a night shift, so I'm going to sleep and when I wake up today, I'm going to try again. God knows I've tried so many times, maybe this time will be different.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

I had a fantastic night of solid sleep with some cool dreams. I feel really well rested today. My wife is working all day, so I will be with the kids. I need to plan some activities and be present for them. It will be an awesome day!

I think the three hardest words for an alcoholic are "I need help". I am trying to get better with this, especially when I really need it rather than after the fact. In fact, in the past if someone offered help, I would become defensive and reject it - even though it was exactly what I had been hoping for. Alcoholism is a strange and frustrating condition (<== nominee for 2015 Understatement of the Year). I am committed to staying sober today and asking for help at the first sign of needing it.

Happy sober day, y'all!
Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back ignatious

why not specifically aim for this time to be different - think of things you can add this time that you didn't perhaps do last time?

D
Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Welcome back, ignatious. It can truly be a struggle. You can start again right now by pouring the rest of your drink down the drain. But don't beat yourself over this. Just start trying again, you can do this.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Welcome Ignatious.
Well done on a month. That shows a lot of strength. I've never got that far but I am trying hard to. I know that hate myself feeling very well. Try to be nice to yourself when you wake up. Have something to eat and some tea and then come and read through the posts and join us up and down lot. I actually went into the chat room here tonight as I was about to head off and see if shop was open.
Mayg
Old 06-14-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your support. Someone in AA told me that for alcoholics, it's like God gave us an extra job to do, and I agree 100%. Good sober day to everyone.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi All,
Here I am at day 2. I have been here pretty much every week of my drinking career as I am a weekend boozer. That said, after a sober working week I would usually have been drinking on Friday (sometimes Thursday as well), Saturday and today. I have only drank on one day out of the last 9 so a move in the right direction. Yesterday was the day I decided to become sober and to share my experiences on here. I am feeling much better today as I have shaken most of my hangover from Friday off. The challenge will be around Thursday when I am feeling much better and start to convince myself that I should have a few drinks as a reward for my working week. My reward this week will be a sober weekend with my family. I hope you are all well and enjoying your sobriety. For those of you struggling, you can do anything that you decide to do and believe you can achieve.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great week ahead guys your all amazing
Old 06-14-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just a quick check-in to wish all you Junebugs a safe and sober start to the week! I am starting day 38 myself, about to head to an AA meeting. I haven't been attending them regularly so far (went to one last week, none before that) but am feeling the need for some face-to-face support for my recovery to add to the wonderful support I've found here on SR.

Remember that you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help and that you don't have to take that first drink no matter what! You guys are doing great. Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-14-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Red face

Congrats on 38 days! I am starting day 6 and praying to stay strong.
You are so right, you don't have to pick up that first drink..
Keep up the good work and have a great week..
Ring.

Last edited by Quirky; 06-14-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-14-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

CaseyW nice work fella!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

7 days in. One day at a time. To me that means to block out tomorrow, and to block out yesterday. Tomorrow, I could have a hangover and be full of regret if I don't close the deal on today. Yesterday was only 6 days, not even a week. Today is much better. Today as good as it gets today. Seven days sober. Seven days success! Phew!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Well done YuriO - you are doing great xx
Old 06-14-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Day eight is done. Today, for the first time, it was fractionally easier. I am banking this thought and will draw on it for the coming week.

Everyone here inspires and helps me, but I have to give special thanks to Mayg.

Mayg - not only are you battling your AV every step of the way, but you are reporting events so eloquently too. You have helped me through this first week so much.
Welcome new friends and well done all. Onwards !
Old 06-14-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Checking in on day 16. I'm over at a friends house... helping her by hanging out with the newborn baby while she gets the house in selling condition. Some other friends are over here, there's cold beer in the fridge. I have to go to work in a couple of hours so I'm safe. A little worried about vacation next week. My husband said "you know you are probably going to drink right?" Told him I was going to try my hardest not to, as it's likely to result in me drinking alone for several months afterwords until I try to be sober again. I need a good plan. Got a week to think about it.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good look bblackbirdflyy. It sooks like a good plan to me that you are thinking a step ahead and will be prepared for what comes. I think you can do it, and you've got 1 month halfway complete. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kelle96 View Post
I just don't understand what in my brain when I didn't have a craving all day made me pull into to the liquor store after work....
It can happen very fast. I've been there many times. I've walked into a store and turned around, left, and came back as many as three times in five minutes before making the purchase or not making the purchase. Maybe next time leave before walking all the way in, sit down somewhere (like your car?) and call or text someone to help you talk yourself out of it? Write down reasons you shouldn't drink? Go get a cheeseburger instead? By the time you're finished with the cheeseburger you're may have forgotten all about it. It could be that you're just hungry!

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
[/U] Alcoholism is a strange and frustrating condition (<== nominee for 2015 Understatement of the Year).
Well said!

Hi all, just checking in. Very irritable and feeling this sense of panic and doom today. There's a long list of reasons but I won't go into detail. I just hope it passes. It's not even summer yet and I can't wait for it to be over.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just lost a long mail. Annoying! Starting day 11 today. Double digits yeah! It is a daily struggle fighting off the urges but I made it another day. I distract myself and treat myself with something with positive. Soberity is a positive thing for our lives. It's my birthday this weekend so I am going to celebrate it in style. I will be sober, happy and by the end of the night I will remember everything. My first birthday party as a lady!! The best birthday present I can give myself.
Congrats to mayg and blackbird for more than 2 weeks and everyone else adding a day.
For those struggling be kind to yourself. We are trying to break a destructive addiction that has had control of us for years. We must fight it at all costs. Distract yourself. Treat yourself. I think a plan is very important to help confirm your intentions. All the best for today.
Take care everyone.