Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 13

Old 04-23-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

There's a new format? Guess I should ease up on running my entire life from my phone.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

The new format is fine....are you laughing Dee? Yes, I wasn't a fan. But last week or the week before Emily (admin, communications mngr) added another option (carbon) which is absolutely easy on my eyes. And I just reduced the font size to 90% on the site, and no problemo.

And yes Conquest my love, "this group rocks"!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

The new format is...new! I'll adjust, I'm sure.

Cowboy and Cowboy Jr. have a special event tonight and are all dressed up...too stinkin cute! Meanwhile, I'm in pajamas before the sun can consider setting and loving it. My schedule has been nonstop lately, so the stillness is nice. Unfortunately, it looks like Shameless isn't available for streaming. :/

Tomorrow, we're going to his hunting spot/cabin in the woods...as much peace and quiet as you can get...just no running water...hmmmm...this is going to be interesting, folks. If I said I was totally comfortable with the idea, I'd be fibbing. Lol. But I'm gonna give it a shot. Any tips for this not-so-country girl?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Conquest, hand sanitizer, LOL. Shameless is available for streaming on Netflix; I added it with no problem, it's at the top of my list. It's also on Hulu.

Now watching the very campy Bates motel, (loosely based on Psycho) the line "the wireless password is MOTHER, all caps" just cracked me up. Seriously, what else would it be?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

So you watch shows like I do BD, when you feel like it. Gosh I love Nashville and Chicago Fire...

Yes Conquest love...tips...take loads of bottled water. As much as you can. Then you can always have a wash/wipe down, and clean your skin, and do your makeup if you want to.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support gang. You have helped me resist a craving. In the time it took to read here, it has passed. The other thing about here is that if I go for a walk, I pass many opportunities to drink, so it is sort of taunting me. I can walk to a 24 hour Walgreens, an open air bar is across the street, and a few within 1/2 mile if I walk the beach side of the hotel! Had not anticipated it so much in my face.

We all went to the beach after dinner and went in the ocean. Kids went out further and had a great swim. We have been a bit shy to go into the ocean swimming due to stingray warnings, but finally got the courage up tonight, lol. A dolphin swam behind the kids a few times! It was maybe 20 feet or so away from them. We saw many at sunset the other night. So, even without swimming a lot in the ocean, we enjoy the beach everyday. We have a pool at the condo resort. I love being close to the ocean.

V, I am thinking about you and your dad. Hugs.

Briar, did you go to that Twister party yet?? I would not like that either.

Conquest, the cabin sounds interesting. I like my running water too.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're OK phoebe.
And thank you....

Oh my, Briar's party...I have a huge smile every time I think about that. You should read back phoebe. Briar writes so well, and it was just so funny to me.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Lol, just found it, thanks, V. The dumbass party, lol. I had read that page, but quickly. Skimmed over the party comments.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I was done with that party the minute I learned of it.

V I watched the first episode of Shameless last night. It's good, great actors. You're right, definitely doesn't make drinking look too good.

Ok I see the new format kinda, still on my phone but in full site mode. Looks all right. Give me some time and I'll find something to complain about.

Phoebe sounds like you have so much to enjoy where you are. It is so hard to ignore all that booze, I know it's everywhere when you're on vacation. And we're really taught that drinking is a standard part of vacations. That sucks. You're doing great!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I'm actually kinda digging the orange.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

There's another option called carbon Briar, instead of the orange. It's good.
Very bottom of the page, left-hand side you can change it. That's in full site mode.

So glad you like Shameless.
I watched the first episode late last year, and thought OH WOW, I cannot believe I missed this show, and hungrily gobbled four seasons in a week or two.

There is an awesome Netflix show called Bloodline. It is not vaguely funny, but it's the best drama I have seen in ages and ages. 13 eps. All available to stream.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

I would be remiss if I didn't give a nod to our friend Arbor on national Arbor Day! Hope yours is the best day sir.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi guys im not a fan of the sidebar i rather like the orange or charcoal tho

Have a nice sober friday friends
Old 04-24-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Smile

I like it all fine except the sidebar too SW. Having said that, I'm sure this place is expensive to run and I think they do a great job. Also, I know without a doubt that SR provided the first solid footing for me on my journey out of the depths. And for that I'll always be grateful.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I like the carbon too, I'll probably alternate. I'll get used to the sidebar.

Happy Arbor Day! How do we celebrate? Hug a tree? I'm in Northern California, plenty of that goes on around here daily anyway.

It's Friday so I have my daughter home. We're going to my usual Friday morning kid friendly AA meeting, which she loves because she gets to play with my phone to keep her occupied. I love that meeting and consider it my home group right now, but I won't be able to attend when I go back to work, which sucks. It's women only, and most of the attendees are rough, sketchy girls from the cheap rehab down the street. Not really the crowd I expected to fall in with, but they're just the sweetest girls in the world. And it's not like I can judge. I'm a shamed out addict too. They kinda make me feel like I need some tattoos though.

Have fun today Phoebe!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Thanks for the support gang. You have helped me resist a craving. In the time it took to read here, it has passed. The other thing about here is that if I go for a walk, I pass many opportunities to drink, so it is sort of taunting me. I can walk to a 24 hour Walgreens, an open air bar is across the street, and a few within 1/2 mile if I walk the beach side of the hotel! Had not anticipated it so much in my face.

We all went to the beach after dinner and went in the ocean. Kids went out further and had a great swim. We have been a bit shy to go into the ocean swimming due to stingray warnings, but finally got the courage up tonight, lol. A dolphin swam behind the kids a few times! It was maybe 20 feet or so away from them. We saw many at sunset the other night. So, even without swimming a lot in the ocean, we enjoy the beach everyday. We have a pool at the condo resort. I love being close to the ocean.

V, I am thinking about you and your dad. Hugs.

Briar, did you go to that Twister party yet?? I would not like that either.

Conquest, the cabin sounds interesting. I like my running water too.
Sounds like a wonderful evening, phoebe.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
They kinda make me feel like I need some tattoos though.
Get one of those cat tattoos that FAD was all about last weekend Briar.

Arbor Day. Yaaa! What else would I do, but be with the trees today. Enjoy ya'll!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Conquest - my folks were into living off the grid, so when I was a kid we lived in a little cabin my dad built out in the hills. I was six when we finally got electricity, running water, and a phone line. It can be done. As a little kid I knew no other way of living. As an adult you can't even get me to go camping. I camped for years. Over it. Bleached, sterile hotels for me!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Arbor - FAD's tat is first on my list! Some sick ink right there.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Last day of vacation. . Could not be a more perfect day. Sunny, light breezes, 84 degrees F. Our flight home is around 6 am, boo!! It was all we could get at the time. So, we will be getting up in the 3s to drive to the airport. Not the slightest temptation to drink with that schedule.

We have had a very mellow trip, perhaps too mellow for the kids. What was enough for me as a kid is different to today's kids. But the husband and I like it here and would come back. Kids say so as well, but in the midday, they get bored. It gets too sunny for us to be out in it all day long. They have Irish complexions. it is great being right on the beach, in that way. Easy to take a midday break from the sun and go back out for the evening. It must be wonderful to live by the sea!

Happy Arbor Day! I can only imagine the spring cleanup awaiting us at home.