Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 13

Old 04-19-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Nite Conquest love.

(And thank you! ♥)
Old 04-19-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

V, that stinks that you feel worse and had to walk for meds all on your own. I hope they help.

FAD, wow! Your yard is amazing! You are very talented and must have a lot of energy.

I came close to grabbing a beer tonight. But, drank seltzer mixed with lite lemonade until I was bloated! I am okay now.

There was some amazing weather changes here, all within a few hours. Crazy wind gave way to dark skies over the ocean, and we were able to watch a thunderstorm out on the water while sitting dry on our balcony. It was beautiful. I love thunderstorms.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Looks great FAD! Also looks like a lot of work River Birch is a popular choice around here too. For many reasons.

Being sick is no fun. And can be quite scary V. I've had my share this winter that's for sure. Im glad you have a script. Rest up!

Put my plumbers hat on today and installed a new kitchen faucet. Thing works wonders compared to what I had. It should for what a good faucet costs these days
Old 04-19-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Nice work, Arbor! And you saved a ton by doing it yourself! Handy work always impresses me. It requires a certain gene that I was not born with. Lol
Old 04-19-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Great job on avoiding the beer phoebe! My third day in got me last time, but I also wasn't committed to 100% zero alcohol then either. I'm looking forward to our beach trip but will probably stick to you guys like glue. I don't have a good record there. Sitting on the balcony and looking out across the waves sounds fantastic phoebe. My kids like to parasail if y'all haven't tried it already.

Plumbing stuff intimidates me a bit, in part because the faucets are so expensive. We've got a couple that need replacing....maybe I'll use Arbor as my inspiration and tackle it myself.

We have hail here often enough too Conquest. A particularly bad episode some time back is the reason I'm getting a new roof put on (compliments of State Farm).
Old 04-19-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Well done indeed Arbor. Shame you don't live closer to from. But I'm sure you can do it from; you can do just about anything!

So glad it's going well phoebe love. It must be mega hard saying no to alcohol while on vacation, but you are doing it. Awesome girl.

I got the antibiotics, but I still don't think I need them. I feel better after all of the Vitamin C and oats and scrambled eggs I have had today. I have a lot of emotional stuff I'm dealing with right now, and it's taking a toll. Being here with friends helps a lot.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Wow FAD, when's that BBQ we were discussing a while back?

V I'm glad you're feeling better. Stay hydrated!

Tornadoes...I think us Californians will stick with our earthquakes.

We had a nice time at my niece's birthday party. The guys had a couple beers, but otherwise it was mostly sober. Our little daughter had a blast and got all hopped up on sugar, so naturally she whined and cried the entire 45 minute drive home. I just ignore her when she gets going like that because there's no sense in arguing with her. It's just noise, I can tune it out. My husband, on the other hand, yells right back at her to quiet down, and after listening to the two of them battle it out the whole way home, it takes all my effort to stay sober. And this much chamomile tea:

Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hi Briar love. Another successful sober day, temperamental 4 year olds not withstanding.

I am feeling better, but I am very grumpy. And lonely. And whiny, sorry....

Going to have a nap. Huge hugs.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Is it really the end of April already?! Time flies, I guess. Looking ahead to a very busy week... But I got this. And you do too. Make it outstanding, friends!
Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

A little sleeping in was in order for today. Busy day ahead here starting with a late workout. Wishing y'all the best.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((Venuscat)))))
Old 04-20-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Staying close this week. I appreciate the encouragement. I am serious when I say I do think this may be, if I succeed, the only completely sober vacation of my life outside of childhood and a pregnancy. It is great to wake hangover free. I do like the warmth and the ocean, but humidity can do me in, so drinking would just dehydrate and cause me to drag. I also skipped an opportunity to nap yesterday, lol. That never happens if I drink! I like naps when sober too, though.

Briar, tantruming, bickering children have driven me to drink many times. But, it only makes them worse. It numbs us out, as opposed to teaching the children anything! I also try to tune out, take deep breaths, use time outs, and now with older kids, just separate them for awhile. They got into it a bit last night. Close quarters and a lot of togetherness. Do was numb. I separated them.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I'm really rooting for you phoebe. On the trip where I caved my AV got a little louder as the end of the vacation approached as is to say 'you've only got a couple of days left and this is your vacation. You can always stop again when you get back home.....'. Well I listened to that s$&t and paid a heavy toll over the next few years. I think this can be a big milestone for you and another 'first'. I hope your gang is having a ball and eating some good gulf shrimp too.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
That's great news Briar. I've always been hesitant to go to one of those. Rather see the therapist.

Good to see you Leigh. Glad your feeling better.

Enjoy that Florida sun Pheobe!

My Family is back in town. Came in around eight last night. Good too see everyone. My boy sure keeps me busy!

Beautiful spring day here. Been re-potting plants and such. Will get the grill going later.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Hi'ya, Arbor. Glad to hear that your family is back.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Love and good morning.
Much worse today.
So just a quick check in.
I just keep thinking Thank God I am sober.
So do I, venuscat.

I am so incredibly weary from being so sick but keep thinking "It's going to be okay; I am sober; I am sober; it's going to be okay".

Feel better soon, sweet v.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Wow V, I'm so sorry you feel so sick. Glad meds are on the way.
I've just gotten home and have a little daylight left to enjoy being out. Spring is in full force here. I have some river birches that are making some seed things and there's a bird called indigo bunting that must love them because the trees are full of feasting buntings. Also got a bunch of baby blue birds in our bird house. I love that stuff.
What a gorgeous setting, from. I am going to mentally hang-out there for a while.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Super tired today. Kinda feeling weird and off for a few days, I guess that's just part of being sober.

Later I'm meeting my sponsor in Sonoma, of all places, the very heart of wine country. I thought of going early as there's an AA meeting there this morning, but then I'll have 2 hours to kill, and I don't know the town well enough to find a non-wine-centric place to chill. It's funny, actually, I've been all over Sonoma and Napa for years, but I don't know my way around at all. I can't even begin to tell you how to get to Napa, and I had to mapquest Sonoma. All of the hundreds of times I've been there, my husband drove, and I was too loaded to care where I was. Now I feel like a moron when my husband suggests I visit him at work in Napa, and I seriously don't know how to get there.

But in fairness, the wine country thinks it's part of its rustic charm to make sure its roads are virtually impossible to navigate. And God forbid they actually be maintained.

Wish me luck.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Briar. I'm very well aware of those Napa roads. When my wife and I were out there years ago we called them the "snake-a-tees." Unbelievable winding roads that never seem to end. Could make you sick sober.

Good luck btw!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello friends
Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I used to be terrified of driving down the beach here. The roads are very wind-y.
I noticed that the fear disappeared once I got sober.
Just a thought.

I am not in a good place.
Self pity is not a good look. But I am so sad.
I have lost so many people lately.
I feel very alone.

Hope you feel a bit better today Leigh.

Love to all of you.