Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 10

Old 02-08-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Love and friendship have helped me a great deal today.
I just called dad again and tried my best to make him feel a little better.
One day at a time...that's all I can do.

So, how are you Briar? And Dee?
Old 02-08-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

That's a kind-hearted thing to do, V. I know it's hard being there for him right now, but you won't regret it.

I'm all right. I've had quite a lot to drink, so I'm going to (puke) bed shortly. I will talk to you guys tomorrow.

Good night.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Sleep well Briar.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine thanks Vee - take care of yourself ok?

D
Old 02-08-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I'm trying. Going to have a very early night.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

sleep well

D
Old 02-08-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

(((((Venus))))) I hope you're able to get some rest, finding a little peace during this difficult time. Thinking of you and yours

After a super busy Saturday that started really early, I went to bed too early and woke up at 4:00 am ready for another! That means early church. This'll be my fourth visit so I'm thinking that this may be my new church home, something I've wanted for a long time. They're having sign-ups for groups today and I think I may go out on another limb and join one that focuses on community work. Staying busy and getting out of my head have helped me stay sober this far. But I know I've got to keep it fresh to avoid that complacency that we mentioned last week. Time to add something new to the mix.

Family barbecue this afternoon... Just put a bunch of chicken in marinade in a ziplock bag, shook it to coat, and it popped open all over the counter and floor... Ya, gross. Lol

Pass the mop and my coffee, please.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Sorry, but that's really funny!
The church community work sign-up sounds wonderful.
I am so proud of you Conquest, you are doing so well!

Hope you're still planning on seeing your cowboy tonight.

Ok, off to bed.
Love and goodnight. ♥
Old 02-08-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks, Hun. And yes, I chose to laugh instead of cry. There were a few spontaneous cuss words thrown out there too. Lol

I can't lie. Things are going remarkably well lately. So much so that I don't recognize myself/my life as being reality many times. Does that make sense? As soon as I started forcing myself out of my comfort zone (that I spent years building with booze and isolation), trusting that things would get better, things actually got better and continue to do so everyday. It's not all flowers and butterflies, but it's pretty darn amazing.

Label it a pink cloud, but I want it for each of you. Hugs all around
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

V, I hope you'll wake feeling much better and ready to face the day.

Conquest, I'm making an effort to not, as we say around here, 'talk ugly'. But I'm afraid spilling raw sauce-coated chicken would be a true test. I was single when I was in Houston and did volunteer work with kids through St. Luke's.....also met some nice young ladies. Win win.

Briar, unfortunately I know how you'll feel today. Please make the first task of the day to pour out any remaining booze, rinse the smell from the sink and get that empty bottle out of your home. Get your flock together and make that 40 minute drive to the ocean. Try and do something get yourself out of the confines of your thoughts today. Oh my at the time I wasted.

I have a small sun-bleached little stick that I keep on the shelf in my office. I picked it up when we took my son on his first trip to the California coast. He was five. We found a rocky area with lots of little crevices and tide pools and used that stick to poke around and explore. It's a favorite memory of mine and on occasion I'll pick up that stick and reflect. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to a little sorrow when I think back. My son is the oldest of my children and I had not yet become a slave to the drink. I look back at the almost 15 years that have passed since that day and it hurts. When I was in the depths of my drunken stupors there were tons of 'I' and 'me' thoughts.....and I've just recently realized how true that was. We are not alone in our alcoholism and its greedy grasp goes beyond us to take quality of life from others in our lives too. People we love. I'm jealous of the precious time I willingly gave away to alcohol. At 48 I've got more time behind me than ahead. The 'little kid' years of wonder are coming to a close and once that chapter is written there is no way to edit or rewrite the pages. Period. I'm quick to add that there are wonderful things about life now, watching my kids stretch their wings etc. and I don't sit around too much thinking about my regrets,....but I'm darn well gonna learn from them.

For those with young children, time is still on your side! There is nothing to figure out. Alcohol can and will take the time you give it. And it bears repeating that it's not just our time we dealing with. I don't say this to be a downer....it's just the truth. Having said that, I am intent on making loads of new and happy memories and at the appropriate time I'm going to share my journey with each of my children. It may just be that I had to live this thing out to know how to help them avoid it.

Last edited by Mark1014; 02-14-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

^^^^ From, that is one of the most touching posts I have ever had the honor of reading.

Thanks so much.

(There is so much goodness yet to be shared with your children).
Old 02-08-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Venus, sweetheart, I hope you are feeling better today (or I guess that it is tonight in lovely Venusville).
Old 02-08-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
(((((Venus))))) I hope you're able to get some rest, finding a little peace during this difficult time. Thinking of you and yours

After a super busy Saturday that started really early, I went to bed too early and woke up at 4:00 am ready for another! That means early church. This'll be my fourth visit so I'm thinking that this may be my new church home, something I've wanted for a long time. They're having sign-ups for groups today and I think I may go out on another limb and join one that focuses on community work. Staying busy and getting out of my head have helped me stay sober this far. But I know I've got to keep it fresh to avoid that complacency that we mentioned last week. Time to add something new to the mix.

Family barbecue this afternoon... Just put a bunch of chicken in marinade in a ziplock bag, shook it to coat, and it popped open all over the counter and floor... Ya, gross. Lol

Pass the mop and my coffee, please.
Some things are funny, retrospectively. Soon, you may laugh, Conquest.

But in the moment, bad words fly!!!!!

Ate you old enough to remember Shake 'N Bake?
Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Briar, I hope you are sleeping well. As From said, pour out all the torment this morning.

You can do this, sweetheart.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Thanks for that FAD. Wonderfully said. That's really what it boils down to doesn't it? Maturing out. Growing older, wiser. Our children and families deserve the best of us. Your an inspiration. God bless...
Old 02-08-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Today is my youngest sister's secret wedding! She and her fiance are getting married in Mexico later this week. A friend of hers wanted her friend, who is a Life Minister, to marry them in Rachel's home. My sister agreed but wanted this to be very small and private-hence the secret wedding. Only 2 of the 7 siblings will be there. Everyone thinks they are getting married in Mexico, period. I am sworn to secrecy so that feelings are not hurt, which I understand completely. My DH and DD don't know. There will be a celebration in a restaurant in March that everyone will attend.

So my October friends, you are now in on the secret, LOL.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Enjoy this wonderful day, BD.

My lips are sealed.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

From, Thanks so much for your post and pic. What a precious reminder!

Leigh, Of course I remember shake and bake. Actually, that's good stuff. Adding to the grocery list

BD, I feel honored to be a part of the "in-the-knows". How exciting!

I signed up for a book study at church that'll start in a couple of weeks with the season of Lent. I figured it's only 5 weeks. If I don't like it, it's temporary, right? It's all about trying new things for me lately.

Off to barbecue, wearing shorts in Winter! It's gorgeous outside and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday as well.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

(There is so much goodness yet to be shared with your children).
^^^^^^^^
I'm counting on this Leigh, and this hope is one of the cornerstones of my new life. I'm working on the other cornerstones. I'm a guy that needs some 'absolutes' to use as my life's foundation....things that just are. A big part of my current walk is discovering those absolutes and from whom they come.

Time for a late lunch and then some outside time. I hope everyone is wrapping up their weekend on a positive note. V, I'm thinking of you and your family as you work through this difficult time with your dad.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I promise you that there is, From.