# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 10

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D
Old 02-02-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Conquest - loved your quote. "Don't cry because it is over; smile because it happened".

From - four months!!!!

Briar - the bread and the lemon cake look fantastic.

Super bowl guests stayed late. Chili and cornbread was a hit. One of our friends brought cookies for desert, also. What a surprise; two other people weren't drinking either!!!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have a great Monday, everyone.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rocky start here. Lots of snow, tried to get to work but it's not happening yet-some roads closed. Will try again later.

So happy for water this morning. Pipe broke Sat night and there was no water for some time. The little things, LOL.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Rocky start here. Lots of snow, tried to get to work but it's not happening yet-some roads closed. Will try again later.

So happy for water this morning. Pipe broke Sat night and there was no water for some time. The little things, LOL.
Enjoy the reprieve, BD.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning gang,

Slept late today. Leigh, I like that quote too and often apply it in the context of seeing my kids growing up.

Conquest, yeah, back to high protein and low carb for a week. I do the carb cycling thing, it works for me. Yesterday's cookies, however, were just pure indulgence!

It's even cold here again with gusting wind from the northwest. Gotta drag the tender plants back into the garage before tonight.

Very vivid dream last night that I was hammered.....beer cans were scattered everywhere but I didn't remember drinking,. Knew I must have done it though so all the emotions of regret flooded back. I was bewildered and worried about being kicked out of the class. Woke up completely agitated and grumpy. Crazy dreams. On the bright side, at least I didn't enjoy it and it served to confirm every stinking thing about my drinking years. Nope, not going back there.

Wishing a great start of the week for all.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
With a family of five and no flushing toilets, it would get unpleasant pretty quick! Glad your water's back.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Getting ready for work.
Love to everyone. ♥
Old 02-02-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So glad you've got water again, BD! That's not fun at all. :/

I'm home for the evening with dinner on the stove (spaghetti) and a ton of recorded shows to catch up on... I think I'll start with New Girl and then watch Empire. It feels good to be home and doing nothing.

Stay dry and warm, friends! I've gotta eat something cuz those cookies didn't sustain all day. Lesson learned.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I didn't go in to my office today but worked from home and have been swimming in paperwork all day. My professional life is in a highly regulated area.....seems as though you have to submit the correct form to go to the bathroom! But, I'm making progress.

Conquest, I'm gonna give my eyes a rest and eat something too. No more cookies for me today though.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No more cookies for me today, either. I've had my fill; it is rare when I can say that I'm cookie'd out.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, I hope everyone is well.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you are too Briar

D
Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had an AWESOME day!
Work was great, a wonderful friend sent me a fantastic gift (for V), 3 people told me I was beautiful, my dad was lovely to me....and I am now really excited about starting my Bookkeeping course in July.

Sometimes things get hard ~ for all of us.
But we just need to persist.
And talk to each other.
And have faith that we really can do this... ♥

Huge hugs for all of you!!! ♥♥♥
Old 02-03-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So so happy for you V!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Arbor ~ I really appreciate that.
How are you today love?
Old 02-03-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yay, Venus! What an awesome day!!! Hang onto it and enjoy every bit! What was the gift for little V?

All this crummy food and staying up late has me feeling wonky. I fell asleep yesterday at 6:00 pm, woke up at 8:00, back to sleep at 9:00 and now up at 3:30. It's time to set some mini goals with my diet/exercise. So here goes...
Caffeine limited to morning by 10:00 am
70,000 steps per week (using a fitbit to track)
That should do the trick!

Did I tell y'all that my blood work came back ok? They gave me a call and scared me half to death because a call typically means something's wrong. She said my vitamin D was low and my cholesterol was close to being problem, but not really. I wanted to say, WOOHOO! I need sunshine and exercise! Sounds like a trip to the beach is in order!!!. They prescribed a vitamin d supplement and I'll go back in 6 weeks to recheck it. Phew! I'm a very thankful girl and won't take my healthy body for granted. It's time to see what this beautiful machine is truly capable of. I'm pleasantly surprised and see progress with every day that I'm further away from that old poison. It's pretty amazing stuff, really.

Sometimes the solution is right there... We've just got to be willing to recognize the root of the problem and accept the challenge of change, right?
It's Not About the Nail

Have a happy, healthy day y'all!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

OMG Conquest....where do you find these things???
How do you find these things??? That is awesome....right up there with "Just get off the escalator". (That was you as well, I think...).

Excellent news on your bloodwork.
Really pleased for you.
And even though I am older, yes, this beautiful machine is capable of some magic.
I am pretty healthy as well. Who'd a thunk?

The present for not-so-little V is a Feliway diffuser and a second refill. It's this awesome stuff that calms cats...and it's very expensive. All I can say is that if you ever doubt that the friendships we make here are real, don't. My SR friends are gold.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

AW! That's very cool, V! And I agree. Friendships on SR are golden.

A friend shared that clip and I thought, how very true! I love it when she says All my sweaters are snagged...cracks me up. Lol

Time to get moving, I guess... Can I throw a little hissy fit first? I don't wannaaaaaaaa be responsible todaaaaay. I wanna stay home and play on SR all daaaaaaay!

There. Better. See y'all soon!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, you can throw that hissy fit!
It's how I feel often because of the time difference...but I am going to be responsible as well, and go to bed.

Even though the insane guy downstairs is having the loudest meltdown of all time...the things he is screaming are insane. I am shaking. Lordy. Oh well...ear plugs.

Love and goodnight to all. ♥