Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 8

Old 02-02-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Mld and Midwest - where are you? How are you?
Old 02-02-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

B, that's awesome news. I'm assuming your instructor gave you some chords to work on? If you find yourself watching a movie or whatever, practicing the chord shapes without pressing down helps build up that muscle memory while saving your fingers.

Della, please be careful in all that snow.

Brynn, happy to hear you are back full days at work.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I wish I had a talent like music...or painting or something artistic like!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Cool idea Copper. Thanks I'll do it.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Hi folks --- had a migraine today. It is subsiding, but made for a yucky day.

Going to fix some dinner for myself. Mrs. Dax went to dinner at my grandparents' house. I didn't feel like I could muster up enough chutzpa to get there... Laying low.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Feel better migraines suck!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Feel better Dax.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Hey all, thanks for the kind words and prayers. Was a busy work day and just got home, moms doing ok just fatigued.

Brynn, there are a million things I could try to articulate but I guess all I'll say is that I am so proud you. So, so proud. You're an amazing woman.

Copper! It's great to see you! How do you just get us addicted to your face and then just abandon us! Punk***

I love you all. Dearly. I hope everyone had a pleasant day.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I had a boring day!!! I do not deal well with being snowbound! There is only so much Springer you can watch....I never watch TV now I remember why!!! Of course it left me feeling like my life could be a lot more f'd up!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Aww poor Della. The only thing I watch on TV is the history channel or the Walking Dead. Zombie Apocalypse is coming Della, get ready!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope your feeling better Dax

You'll find your creative nitch Della.....I know it's a little early yet, but do you have a place to garden? I've been looking at gardening magazines & planning a couple little beds. I'ts great therapy playing in the dirt:}

Thinking of you all
Old 02-02-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
OX

Hey there folks. Worked around the house today. With the wife outta town I thought I could do something about the mess. Put things away and get rid of some things. Some work done but a long way to go. Called a maid in of reinforcements. Figure it will be a valentines present for the wife. She can come home to a super clean house. She has an amazing ability to instantly explode into mess so it will be short lived. But it will be clean underneath. I spend so much time picking up I never get things really clean. So that will be nice. That won't be till Thursday though cause I need time to get find the surfaces that need cleaning. Have a work meeting tomorrow and then some time to get home fixing again.

Been having some strong urges to drink today. Beer beer beer. I know it's no good but just one tasty Fn beer. Gotta say no. It's day 60. Ugh. Think it was too many cokes yesterday so the brain is freaking out. I don't know but it ain't fun. Was listening to seattle sports radio while cleaning to hear all the complaining about the Super Bowl. Misery loves company. So funny that people are so upset about a game. Somebody has to lose. Sure it would have been better if the boston cheaters lost but it's not life or death. Can't imagine what's on the radio in Ukraine, Middle East, or Africa. At least I only spent about $19 on food and not $19k on tickets.

Hope everybody is hanging in there. Erin8 there is literature about how much harder it gets to quit every time you start up again and how much worse the drinking is for you when you start again. So what you're feeling is righ on. That reminds me no drinking. Ever again. I will never drink again and will never change my mind. Ahhhh. Feel better. Can't believe I was wrestling the beast there. You got no power over me sucker!

Thank you! Glad we had this talk
Old 02-02-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Della, everyone has talent. You just have to find out what yours is!

Tonks, my main dude, my spurts of abandonment are all part of my charm. Btw, I can't picture you gardening. However, you redeemed yourself with the Walking Dead comment.

Dax, I hope you're feeling better. Migraines are the worst.

B, keep me updated on your guitar slaying skills. I feel like a proud parent or something.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats BigShoe on 60 days and for shutting down your AV! It ain't worth starting over!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Dax! I know how migraines zap you! They're the absolute worst! I'm so sorry! Feel better soon! We need our Zen Master back!!

Tonks...tell us about your new job! I can just see you making your patients smile, giving them a little giggle for the day. laughter truly is the best medicine!

Mariah...you're spot on! gardening is incredibly therapeutic! And Della, there's so many neat craft, cooking, baking, etc...ideas on Pinterest! You'll find something that floats your boat I'm sure!

Night y'all!

Sweet dreams everyone!
xoxo
Old 02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Checking in... Last session of primary outpatient treatment tonight - family session. It was emotional, in a good way. Tomorrow I start continuing care, which is one evening a week for a few months.

Starting back to work tomorrow, after a break of almost two months. I manage a university theatre box office, and there's nothing for me to do between productions. It's not much of a job, but I love it and I'm excited to go back. I'm hoping to get a different job on campus with more hours. That's my goal. I used to commute 40 miles each way to work, but now I can walk to work. It's so nice. I love the energy of all the young people around me when I'm there. And it feels like home, since my mom taught in the same building for almost 30 years.

Goodnight everyone, hope you all have sweet dreams!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Bigshoe and mld....you both totally rock! You're both inspirations to me!
❤️
Old 02-02-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats BigShoes

D
Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Mld what a huge milestone. Congratulations. I bet the family session was emotional and I hope it went well.
BigShoe - congrats on 60 days and telling your AV where to go.
Tonks, yes, tell us about your new job.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Ya**!

My new job consists of visiting patients and providing any continuing care necessary that can be provided outside of a hospital setting. Many of these patients are very old and live alone, so I come along and just do assessments, wound care, IV therapy etc. Pretty much anything that needs to be done. I really enjoy it so far as I get to work independently as well as have a more casual relationship with my patients.