Notices

Class of February 2015

Old 02-02-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Hey all. I was a few days shy of 2 months and had a 4 day long relapse. Back here on day 2.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hang in there it can be done I was in a bad place but it gets better. I know the feeling in regards to your health and body I am 17 weeks - 1 day sober 1 day I messed up but the affects on my body and mind where enough to say ,,no more,, we have all been there so try and stay strong
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
Hey all. I was a few days shy of 2 months and had a 4 day long relapse. Back here on day 2.
Hi Erin I know the feeling I was 17 weeks sober and messed up last week someone told me not to beat myself up about it just look at it as a small bump in the road ,, if was easy everyone wold be doing it ,, ps I love your quote it made me smile ,
Old 02-02-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I'm in like Flynn! This month has started out great. I hope to keep it that way!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well, that's day one done and dusted!

Admittedly I didn't set foot out the door - didn't even get dressed in fact. Had a job interview on the phone this morning and had thankfully sobered up by the time of the call. That was successful so I've now done a personality type test and if I pass that there will be another telephone interview.

So although I didn't go out it's been a productive day. I even got mince out the freezer to make shepherds pie tomorrow. Sounds such a small thing but heating stuff up out of tins and packets is so much easier than actual cooking when you're three sheets to the wind!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome erin Stella Sulu and VoiceInMyHead

D
Old 02-02-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm in as of today. Ugh. Bad day. I really want this. Not in the mood to write much at the moment, hoping to feel better tomorrow
Old 02-02-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too JT and thisibelieve

D
Old 02-02-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ok, so what do we do in this class of february?
I have been sober since jan 4th, seems like forever. Learning some things about me, I have no patience, i talk a lot to myself, very controlling, a little OCD maybe, and I am very hard on myself. all These feelings could still be the affects of sobering up? I have been drinking off and on since age 14, so many years. I am lucky to be alive. One good thing, my memory is getting better.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sugar77

Hello Classmates!

Just thought i'd post before bed, not feeling too bad as I pass into day 11,
Started off yesterday morning (sunday) posting on here, was feeling good,positive. As the day progressed started to feel more and more uneasy,my AV at first came as a whisper with little suggestions, by evening it was unbearable. When i'm upset or anxious I'm quiet, don't want to talk,need to be left alone.Guess i'm the same on here. Need to change that,or it could be my downfall.
My husband asked me was I ok, then the tears came. I just said this was the hardest night yet and it was unexpected,as I had got through a dinner with drinking friends,on friday.
Maybe I let my guard down. Maybe the gravity of my drinking really hit me last night because the urge was so strong,and painful. Affirmation that yep "You're an alco" and the realisation, really admitting to myself, that i can NEVER drink again. That makes me panic. But i'm trying to stop myself thinking too far ahead, for now my goal is getting through one day at a time.
I've read alot of posts today and taken alot from them, looking at things differently and getting positivity from reading other peoples success stories whether they are 4 weeks, 3 months or 5 years sober.
I have to keep telling myself it won't always feel this bad, or this hard.
I liked something I read on here today.... Each time you overcome your AV/cravings you get stronger...
That will keep me going for now
Goodnight all
Old 02-02-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

what do we do ? we're a support thread

we talk and chat about stuff - about our successes and our fears and our challenges with recovery sure...but really...there's no set topics

Anything that is important to you right now is fair game sisterbobby

D
Old 02-02-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

ok, cool. I quit early jan and just joined this thread, thats ok I guess. I am new to SR and still learning my way around.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

it took me two weeks almost just to get off the cough and away from the TV, other then work. I was like in zombie land.
Sugar77, be kind to your self...
Old 02-02-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Holy moly!
So many peeps in our gang!
Sugar77 I also panic at the thought of never drinking again and try to not think to much about it and go day by day. Saying that I just relapsed after 20 days so maybe I need a new attitude. Day by day at the moment is all I can handle though.
Banshee how did you feel at 4.5 months? If good then this is something to keep remembering.
Esspee good luck with the job. I also didn't leave the house yesterday as the real world was way too much. I just hung around here trying to find commitment again.
Gardennerd only way is up from here buddy.
Patricia hope your sadness is lifting but it's OK to feel sad. Good to watch a sad movie and have a cry at someone else's story I find.
AGAG I also live in Thailand. Cheap good beer everywhere! I think that's why I came here in the first place. Haha
Aldo it's amazing how 1 day of drinking can screw with your mind and body so much. After 4 days drinking I have big bags under my eyes and my body is aching! Motivation is low but I know each day with get better.
Erin 8. 4 days relapse here as well. Let's do this thing!
Thisbelive hope your feeling better.
Sister bobby zombie world! I hear you.
Hi to everyone else in the Feb Gang, anewday, candie, Fallow, sleepie, Bahan, GTTC, Sulu, Voiceinmyhead, Stellapolaris, JT and anyone I have missed.
We got this... Let's not drink today and wake up saying YAY tomorrow!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 02-02-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day two.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Made it today no problemo.

Work work work.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 3. I hope to sleep a full night tonight after finally eating right today. Last 2 nights I woke up soaked in sweat. No nightmares though. Strange dreams, then waking in panic and pure terror, but not as bad as the night before. Stomach pain going away.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

And so starts day 2. 6.5 hours undisturbed sleep last night which was unexpected. Doesn't mean tonight will be undisturbed as I had just gone 4 nights of undisturbed/poor sleep so basic exhaustion may have taken precedence over withdrawal!

I have started my 'sticky note' thing. My front door has two glass panels and my son has picked the right hand one as my success panel. So when I went to bed last night I put my Monday sticker on the success panel. I'm hoping the visual on the door will be a reminder and a boost when I'm heading out to the shops to not buy booze. I'm thinking of tweaking it to a (smaller) sticky per date rather than one per day ie at the moment they say Monday, Tuesday etc so come next Monday they all come off and I start again but I may instead date them so yesterday's will become 2 Feb rather than Monday. Hopefully by the end of the month that panel will be full!

Have a great Tuesday all x
Old 02-03-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

mornig all

Morning everyone

Just want to say hello and good luck we can do this ,,,,, positive happy thoughts …..
Old 02-03-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

The last drink I had was a week ago, however I'd like to join the Feb class and achieve this whole month sober :-)

I've been travelling along ok, with little temptation (so far). I'm sure I'll be challenged soon by an AV, and so happy to know you guys are here to support me.

Thanks!