Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-19-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - just checking in - I was off today so its been a pretty good day.

I'm trying to get on a gym routine in the morning. I was able to go today since I was off, but tomorrow will be a challenge waking up early before work.

Hope everyone is having a good sober day.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in. welcome Yankees 2015.

TeeBee..sorry to hear about the waterpark..sounded like a good time ;(

Day 10 for me and I am continuing to feel good! I have not been thinking about drinking too much ( i wnt say never) but i have been able to redirect my thinking.

I kept busy all weekend with family, chores and errands and had off today as well.

Wishing all Januarians a happy, safe and sober evening
Old 01-19-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on reaching double digits lovehoops day 10

Awesome
Old 01-19-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome jojo

I'm not up on the logistics but you can definitely set up your own meeting in chat guys
Old 01-19-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Stay strong folks. We can do this together!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 16
AH comes home today and has committed to staying sober with me, well for 100 days anyway. I wrote this to him yesterday.
Just thought I would share.
I'm sure you are not going to have any problems making it home sober but this is what is helping me and this is what I have learnt.
That little voice that goes. "**** I'd love a beer right now." That's the AV, addictive voice or wolf or beast, whatever you want to call it. It's not you. I have separated myself from this voice. There is me and there is the AV. I don't even call it MY AV. Just a voice.
**** this I am powerless over alcohol **** I will never swallow that concept.
We do have power over alcohol because that AV is just a voice. It's doesn't have hands to drink with or a mouth to swallow. It needs you to do that for it. It is just a voice. But it can get very loud and tricky when you are not doing what it wants and says things like. You could go on that Aussie day boat trip and just go back to day 1 the day after. That would be OK as you have done so well already. 1 day won't set you back much.
"**** off AV"!
Or "you could have 1 beer with the boys before you head home, she wouldn't know and you have worked really hard and deserve it. Wind down before you get back to the family."
"**** off AV! You are just a voice and I have more power than you because I have a body that I want to take care of and right now alcohol is poison for me. I feel so much better without alcohol and I want to see how good I can actually feel in the future."
Then I find the voice goes and sulks until next time when it feels like being tricky.
Anyway. I'm sure you will be fine. Just letting you know what has been working for me when everyone is drinking and I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself that I can't and that voice starts to kick in and whisper BS to me.

Happy sobering gang!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-19-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Iam sooooo glad to be BACK to day 2.....I plan to really lean on you guys this week... hope all are well
Old 01-19-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all

Day 18 here

Hi to ting, TryTryAgain, CaseyW, Missus JD, JamesSquire, FourSeasons ,and anyone I've missed.....we're on track for the three week mark now...

Lovehoops is gonna make the two weeks. Hope its going good for you ANewDayNYC.

Welcome nashv, Jojo1965....out of the starting gate and heading off down the straight.....

Hope your still around Martina......

Best to all.....cya tomorrow with another day up
Old 01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nashv View Post
Iam sooooo glad to be BACK to day 2.....I plan to really lean on you guys this week... hope all are well
Hi Nash! You and I are both BACK to day 2, we can do this! That's my plan too, and that's to really lean on this forum.

I learned today that AV means Alcoholic Voice. I'm just learning all kinds of stuff today.

Jo
Old 01-19-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Today was easy, tomorrow won't be

For no reason other than I tend to like to "reward" myself. But today I was not remotely tempted and I thank the pouring out of my situation for the first time in awhile and immediate support from this community was very cathartic. I felt confident today, I ate less, spent less, thought more and did not feel down (rather, I felt satisfied with all that I accomplished in a day - the drinker in me gets about a third of that done if I'm lucky). Wish I was sleeping better, but it's enough where I'm not dragging. Skin and hair so much less dry. I'm better. Now, tomorrow is a new day - please don't let me wake up thinking I deserve a drink. Ugh. Not planning on it, just preparing myself for the fight. I love being sober. <3
Old 01-19-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi just checking in before going to bed. Ended up seeing Into The Woods. That was pretty good once I got into it. I'm making up my wine calories with buttered popcorn ��

Back to work tomorrow and I'll be trying to find a noon meeting somewhere.

Take care January peeps and I'd love to have a chat sometime to get to know you all better.

Ting. Glad your getting support at home.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll find tomorrow is not as hard as you fear Yankees

D
Old 01-19-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

One week clean and sober!!

Feeling much better physically and mentally. I didn't realize that I was at least somewhat hungover every single day! It took me an hour or more to "wake up"; 4-5 cups of coffee and several pain pills and wait until the caffiene and narcotics kicked in to get going. Now, I can be ready to roll in a half an hour with only two cups of coffee!

Been making meetings, reading BB and visiting here at SR throughout the day. Feeling optimistic. I've identified some of the "triggers" that led to my last relapses and and finding ways and means to avoid those pitfalls.

Also enjoying simple things that I've been numbed to for so long. I am looking forward to a clean and sober Springtime!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Randola

D
Old 01-20-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning all, here I am fresh as a daisy on day 20!!! Went to my second AA meeting yesterday and slowely getting to grips with it! While I was driving there the sun was in my face, my music blaring and all of a sudden I had such a pang of sorrow that I shall never enjoy a cold, crisp glass of wine sat in the sunshine - I just wept like I had lost a person but in the end I came to the conclusion that that glass of wine in the sunshine would end up with me with my head down the loo vomiting for England as I would have drunk the whole pub dry and realised that happiness is in the sitting in the sunshine not what is going into my mouth so I pulled through but the sadness at the forever takes me in waves sometimes - still strong, still resolved, still sober xxxx
Old 01-20-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

The sadness passes.

I vastly prefer being sober now Thesouthern1

D
Old 01-20-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

End of day 19 here. I know I will make it to 21 days, 3 full weeks but I need to stay vigilant in order to make it to 4 weeks. Ive made it a habit of telling people I dont drink as a new years resolution to get my fitness in order and it goes over smooth as butter. Still need to stay on top of the av. Good night all.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Great job on day 2 Nash V and jojo...Just a bump in the road. Keep posting.

Hope all my other classmates are doing well..Happy Tuesday

sober hugs to all
Old 01-20-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Great going everyone Day 19 here and actually managed to be ready to go somewhere directly after the school run today! Quite amazed with myself. Home now hope I can keep the momentum going.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job JDM your doing great well done on day 19