Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 2

Old 01-10-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi everybody first post here thought I would introduce myself,boxing day 2014 was my 1st day of sobriety after 15 years of daily drinking(to blackout a good 4 or5 nights a week,yesterday was 2 weeks and I hope to find and share support with every one here.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Welcome FOTE 2 weeks is just super!

Day 6 for me and this has been the hardest so far. Maybe because I have had a flu and starting to now feel better. I've been panging and hanging for a beer on and off most of the day. The strongest urge was at a 11 year olds ten pin bowling birthday of all places. No one in our party were drinking. Day 4 I had dinner with a table of drinkers and it didn't bother me.

As I bowled my ball down the aisle I look up to see one of my fav beer logos at the top of my lane in seductive green neon.

Do I bowl a strike or do I end up in the gutter?

I finished the game, left and had icecream with my kids. I don't even like Icecream.
Anyway home now and feel better or maybe safer.
Some triggers are obvious and some pounce out of the blue or the green neon in this case.
Sober Rover & Out!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exellent news D

Sorry to hear that Canguy you always have us to lean on

Welcome Foteotw youl find so much support here well done on 2 weeks that fatastic bud

Hi Ting day 6 is awesome ice cream with your kids sounded nice too well done bud
Old 01-10-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone that is new, and congratz to all those who beat temptation.

Day 10 for me and it really shocked me. After yesterdays brilliant evening this morning was terrible. I woke up and felt like I had a hangover, headache, horrible taste in my mouth, I then weighed myself....bad decision, still no movement, I went into the bathroom and looked bloated and horrible exactly like my pre-sober days and that is when the AV reared his ugly head and said, well if it is this bad sober you might as well feel rough and enjoy a drink at the same time.

I have never ever thought about drinking in the morning before, it shocked me big time, the beast must be getting really desperate if he is resorting to those kinds of tactics. Anyway, I spoke to my husband about how I felt and he suggested I treated myself so we agreed I could use the money we have saved to buy a fitbit, as I want to get healthy this year as well, and I have wanted one for a while.

Have been playing with it for a couple of hours now and haven't thought about drink at all and it is now 12.30 my weekend craving hour, sitting here with a nice cup of tea

Just when I thought it was getting better.

Stay strong everyone!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 10 whatisthematrix im having a cuppa also i love my tea esp on a saturday

stay awesome matrix
Old 01-10-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello all! Day 10 here! Woke up in pain( still dealing with rotator cuff issue/ neck) but up with heating pad is helping. Looking forward to a great day ! No urges yet and very thankful.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Soberwolf - thanks! I can't really get out of the events unfortunately but if it gets rough I can cut out early. Although my wife does not understand my addiction bc thankfully she is not one herself, she is super supportive. And yes knowing I can reach out to you guys if I need to is a lifesaver!

Whatisthematrix - I have mornings where I wake up feeling hungover too and I'm like WTF I didn't even drink! So annoying!!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 10 anewday your doing great

Good to hear becoming

Im in hospital waiting on a ent apt could be waiting 2 hours

Spk soon guys
Old 01-10-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

hope your appt goes well soberwolf!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Ten

Starting day ten now. Double digits!

Yesterday was rough in some ways. Work didn't go good. I just couldn't get in a groove at all, not sure why. I blew up at a couple of co-workers so have some apologies to make next time I see them.

But I didn't really think about drinking at all, so that's a positive at least. The barest thought crossed my mind about an hour before work was over, but I instantly dismissed it. It wasn't even a craving, just more a thought of "Boy, after a day like this I'd usually be running to buy a bottle or two of wine."

Came home and put on some music while I read for a couple of hours and then played video games the rest of the evening. Jumped on this board every hour or two for a few minutes just to see how others were doing.

Today's a new day and I'm feeling good so far. I'm not working today. Going to go get myself something to eat in an hour or so and then planning on spending the rest of the day killing dragons and learning magic. It's ridiculously cold here today.

Thanks again to everyone who posted here in the last 24 hours. You helped keep me sober another day!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well, I've got a week of sobriety under my belt. Actually, I guess it's eight days. No real urge to drink, even though I hung out by myself in the apartment last night. Well, me and the cat.

I think I've said it before, but I really like being able to tell people that I don't drink.

Hey! Best wishes, Soberwolf!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Passing through. Day 10 for me. Had a few clashes with my AV last night regarding just "having a few" drinks at the weekends. I told it to shut the **** up (excuse my french) I don't negotiate with terrorists lol and it deserves no explanation from me. We are just not doing it. Now or ever again. Period. It worked lol. Was just a bit anxious afterwards that it appeared and so strongly after a relatively easy few days. Anyways, it's over now. Onwards!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me and feeling it, sitting with a bottle of sparkling water when all the monster wants is wine - I am riding it but it s hard - going to gulp down tonnes of water to get through!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me too...witching hour upon me so I'm drinking relentlessly green tea. We can do this...
Old 01-10-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

@JackDsMissus

So weird, as I said in my post further up, day 10 for me and I got quite a strong AV response as well. Well done for getting though it.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 6 here! I just started the Master Cleanse Diet. I am now sipping a little fresh lemon juice and maple juice in warm water sprinkled with some cayenne pepper for a bit of a zing. It is actually quite tasty!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

How did it go sober wolf?
Great job Martina and ts1! I like seltzer water and just picked up la croix(sp?) .its canned seltzer with all kinds of flavors( coconut,grapefruit,cherry) really good and something other than regular water. I case you like that stuff.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Caseyw- day 10, Well done JD on day 8, Well done JackD'smissus on day 10, Well done TheSouthern on Day 10, Well done Martina on day 10 & well done Fourseasons on day 6

Wow guys you are seriously awesome

Hi anewday it went well at the hospital it was an apt for an ongoing ear infection they cleaned the ear removed some debris and prescribed some strong antibiotics for the ear that i take once a week

You guys are doing so well i think your all awesome

stay awesome
Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

@soberwolf - and we think you are awesome too, thanks for all the moral support!