Notices

Class of November 2014

Old 11-07-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Welcome, VioletFlame! Let's get back up and do this thing!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by TopEndCaz View Post
I don't deserve to be here. I'll come back when I'm sick enough.
Originally Posted by TopEndCaz View Post
I'll come back tomorrow and try again. Thanks groovers
you realise this is your addiction clearing the way for more drinking, right Caz?

Fight it...don't drink anymore over the weekend...by Monday you'll be in a pretty good position to tackle the new week.

Lets make this a sober weekend guys - who's in?

D
Old 11-07-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend Dee X
Old 11-07-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I'm in - going to AA today - will post here after to make sure I go
Old 11-07-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I'm in, too. Just got home from work, Friday night, thought about it all the way home. Heated up the lunch I never got around to eating and logged on here. I will not drink today. Hope you'll join me.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Good luck, anewdaynyc!!!

I hate to jinx this by posting it, but my husband just came home from work and took the boys right out to the movies and dinner! OMG I hope I can go to bed at 8.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Thanks josharon, Fridays are usually my worst day so if I can find a good support group on that day I think it will go a long way.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

good for you for coming back Violetflame, everyone here knows it's not easy. Keep yourself hydrated and nourished, and try to surround yourself with people who are rooting for your recovery. Day 1 sucks, but day 2 is even harder because you don't feel so awful, which can sometimes cause you to pick up the bottle again.

Do yourself a favor and ignore that stupid voice in your head on day 2.... it knows nothing, and is only trying to trick you. You can do this. I'm on day 3 but I loved my previous 15 days of sobriety, and absolutely regret screwing up. Don't want to go back there.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I am so grateful for this forum.

I was exhausted last night after two insomniac nights and a very long day at work. A client had a crisis and we scheduled a late Friday afternoon meeting. Normally I would be looking at the time and thinking, I'd sure like to be having a drink! But I was struggling to keep my eyes open. When I got home, I'd normally have a drink. Instead I had a healthy dinner of salad and fish and jumped onto here!

Slept much better last night. Day 4 dawns and I have a session at the gym at 9 am on a Saturday! Unheard of for me.

This forum will help me get through the weekend too.

Power to all of us with our different struggles and realisations. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Lets make this a sober weekend guys - who's in?

D
I am most definitely in for a sober weekend. Just got in from a good AA meeting, going to make some Sleepy Time tea and hop into bed and watch an episode of good old Buffy the Vampire Slayer while I try to wind down.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

You guys are doing great!

D
Old 11-07-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Went to AA tonight. I tried the one that was closest to my apartment – it was a very small group maybe about 8 people. The speaker at the beginning was excellent and I could relate to a lot of what he was saying. Since it was a small group – everyone spoke during the meeting. It was the first AA meeting where I spoke. I don’t genuinely consider myself an alcoholic/don’t like labeling myself as such, but I respected the customs of the introductions. It felt good to sort of tell my story and everyone listened and was respectful. Overall, it was a good experience.

Also, I had to pass by a lot of bars on the way home and I did it with ease. Made me feel good. I genuinely feel 100% on board right now.

Fridays are my biggest problem day, so it felt good to proactively do something about it. This was my first Friday AA meeting.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Made Day 4 and ready for a busy Day 5.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Day 3 finished, starting my day 4 now! I am feeling very determined and wish I could feel like this ALL the time....moods are still crazy, and I am eating anything I can get my hands on-- French fries, burgers, muffins, etc---- when I drink I never eat, partly because I didn't want to lose my "buzz"-- RIDICULOUS!! I am enjoying waking up without a hangover (even though I am barely sleeping, I will take the insomnia over the booze!!). Thanks to everyone on here!! The support is awesome!
Old 11-07-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you ANewDay

congratulations Marie

D
Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Husband is out. I had a hair appointment. Pampered myself, while kids came home from school. I got groceries on my way back and we made pizzas, watched movies, and I just tucked my younger one in Kissed the big one goodnight.

We watched the old Airplane comedy. It was uncomfortable! It is rated PG 13 maybe even PG, but there was full on boobs at one point, and many drug references. Oh well. With my kids at the ages they are, most either goes over their heads, or is a teachable moment. Then, we started Forrest Gump... They went to bed before it got graphic.

Life Is rough, as they saw in Forest Gump. My children are very sheltered, but I do think it is important for them to understand the hardships of others in this life.

Anyway, we kept busy! I still have to clean up the pizza mess, but it was worth it.

Hope everyone is well. Will catch up in the morning, I hope, We do have soccer, and I have to bring my daughter to a play. weekends are my busy time with their activities.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
Good luck, anewdaynyc!!!

I hate to jinx this by posting it, but my husband just came home from work and took the boys right out to the movies and dinner! OMG I hope I can go to bed at 8.
I hope this dream came true for you, Jo!!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC View Post
It was the first AA meeting where I spoke. I don’t genuinely consider myself an alcoholic/don’t like labeling myself as such, but I respected the customs of the introductions.
ANewDay, I relate to this. It's why I've never been to an AA meeting although I have been an increasingly heavy drinker for 15 years and knew it was becoming a problem. It's why I elected to try to reduce my drinking many times, instead of stopping completely, and just went back up again. This last year, it has escalated to a point that has terrified me. My health is on the line, and my job would likely come next.

I have been coming to terms with it in the last week, and just today told myself that I am an alcoholic. That's how I am choosing to move forward.

But we all have our different ways of progressing. I am so glad to hear your Friday evening went well. I might just try out an AA meeting myself sometime. Roll on sober Saturday!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Husband is out. I had a hair appointment. Pampered myself, while kids came home from school. I got groceries on my way back and we made pizzas, watched movies, and I just tucked my younger one in Kissed the big one goodnight.

We watched the old Airplane comedy. It was uncomfortable! It is rated PG 13 maybe even PG, but there was full on boobs at one point, and many drug references. Oh well. With my kids at the ages they are, most either goes over their heads, or is a teachable moment. Then, we started Forrest Gump... They went to bed before it got graphic.

... Anyway, we kept busy! I still have to clean up the pizza mess, but it was worth it.

Hope everyone is well. Will catch up in the morning, I hope, We do have soccer, and I have to bring my daughter to a play. weekends are my busy time with their activities.
Phoebe64, good on you for a productive packed weekend. I'm using this strategy too. I find myself listing in my head the things I want to do this weekend, just as you've listed here. The big surprises are: I am actually getting around to doing them not just thinking I'd like to do them then buying a bottle of wine instead and veging out in front of the TV or computer, they are productive, and they give me reasons to be grateful I made this decision. If I manage to declutter my wardrobe this weekend, I'll know I'm going gangbusters!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Morning class day seven and Saturday morning without a hangover or to be more realistic still drunk and looking for my next drink already, one of the best feelings ever I used to always feel so out of control during a binge so thankful that's behind me!
Have a good day everyone. Peace X