Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 12

Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've not been doing good. The sadness is quite unbearable. I haven't stayed sober. But I think I'm ready to start facing my new reality, even though it's hard to take in. I don't have a mom anymore
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Obosob,

thank you for the latest instalment, it's a great way start off my day. I'll be smiling and cheery all day, plus I'll have the Eagles singing in the background.

Your creation is a real treat for us.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Soli- I'm so sorry. We're here for you!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I've not been doing good. The sadness is quite unbearable. I haven't stayed sober. But I think I'm ready to start facing my new reality, even though it's hard to take in. I don't have a mom anymore
im glad you came back here tho for sure and stayed sober
Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Up- I called you ST earlier- sorry! Y'all probably caught that... about the sunset ... Ok, I've got to get some sleep ...
Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Everyone's sounding really upbeat, it's great to see.

Chickchick, hope you feel better today, summer colds are so frustrating aren't they, but they are at least a good excuse for lots of "cleansing" baths. Hope your getting lots of TLC from your family.

ST, you've been really productive, what a great result to have created those jewellery pieces.
I've read the alchemists, and remember enjoying it, I'll be interested to know what you think of it too.

Topspin, thanks for reposting the Fools Rule. Sounds like we're all in, so I'll remind us all on Friday morning that "operation Fools Rule" has begun.

Pan, I hope your grandfather is looking down on us with a smile!

I'm off to work, with a song in my head,

"Welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely day......"
Old 06-10-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Soli, I'm sorry, I missed your last post.

I'm glad you're back with us.
It is a difficult time for you and your family, but you have friends here thinking a praying for you. I hope that's some source of comfort for you.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back Sol.
I'm done grief drunk and I've done it sober.

Sober I dealt with stuff in a far more healthy way...I grew a little even. It was quicker too.

Grieving when drinking is like pushing the stuff to one side but it never gets the chance to heal and we have to keep trying to numb the wound.

I hope you'll stay with us
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This bender I'm on is really bad. Worse than usual. And for no good reason.

I feel very alone.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's tons of support here rockstonic

What kinds of things have you tried in the past to stay sober? or perhaps more to the point, what are you prepared to try now?

AA or some other group? seeing a Dr or counsellor? Inpatient or outpatient rehab?

There is always help, at a variety of levels.

I believe you can do this

D
Old 06-11-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

It's true, I haven't really looked for outside help other than this site. My dad is a psychiatrist who specializes in dual diagnosis, behavioral health issues (I know, right, why haven't I talked to him before...) so he's the perfect resource, I just feel guilty asking. I'm his perfect only daughter in a family of sons and idk, I feel bad letting him down. At the same time I obviously need help.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

He is your Dad - you will not be letting him down.

Big hugs to you Rocks!!! Talk to him.

Pan
Old 06-11-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Aww, Rocks. I have a feeling he may be more saddened to find out someday that you DIDN'T talk to him....your father. My kids are only 2 and 4 but I already try to let them know they can talk to me about anything, and we will figure it out together. I hope today is a better day for you! Do you have class? Also do you keep alcohol in the house or do you just head out and get it? Maybe employ a Fool Rule before walking into the liquor store? Thankfully it's way too much work for me to drag kiddos into a store with glass bottles so that's not even an option for me. And then, we just don't keep ANY wine in the house. Hugs, Rocks.

On day 3 consecutively here (43 sober days in my 48 day journey, and yes, I needed to see that lol). Rain. That means playground plans are out the window. Either a bounce house ($$) or indoor crafts all day.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Sol. To be completely honest I doubt I would be able to stay sober initially in your situation, this early on. But you're back, and I think Dee offers some great insight into sober grieving. Hugs, Sol.

ST - great pieces! That's so fun. I showed my kids the old school pac-man game and they totally didn't get it. LOL!

Pan - I've been off the fitness bus for the past couple of days but I guess it's more important that I'm on the Fool's bus. We'll see what today brings. Maybe it will bring me to my treadmill.

Chick - Summer colds are so bizarre. I used to use my couple of colds/year as an 'excuse' for hubby to pick up some whiskey - you know, good for the cough... Hope you're feeling better!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

"This is my wish for you:
Comfort on difficult days,
Smiles when sadness intrudes,
Rainbows to follow the clouds,
Laughter to kiss your lips,
Sunsets to warm your heart,
Hugs when spirits sag,
Beauty for your eyes to see,
Friendships to brighten your being,
Faith so that you can believe,
Confidence for when you doubt,
Courage to know yourself,
Patience to accept the truth,
Love to complete your life."
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Rocks are you up, and moving forward? I can never keep it straight who is in what time zone!! Haha!! I am in the Eastern US - EST. It's just about 11 AM here.

As I've been trying to 'think deeper' about my desire for sobriety and underlying reasons/motivators/triggers.....I realized that there's a lot of ways in my life I always want "more". I'm sure that's a common thing among addicts - wanting 'more' in many aspects of life - but now I'm noticing it. I often take things just one (or 10) step too far or too much. One more taco (ughhh), one more episode (even though it's 11 PM), one more drink (obviously not just one), one more mile. Type A, striving for perfection, in my own ridiculous way, and either hitting it or or swinging tooooo far.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Kat, just being more aware of ourselves is a huge step forward. Most of us live our entire lives without any awareness of how crazy our thinking is, so you're definitely moving forward.

I've found that meditation and prayer have helped me to keep things in perspective, and I'm finding that I can laugh at myself much more freely. It's almost like I'm looking at myself from a wiser, non-judgmental perspective, seeing how ridiculous my concerns can be, and realising how bizarre my conclusions can be.

This isn't all of the time, of course, but just little insights that show me that my world view isn't necessarily the real world view (in fact it's very unlikely to be the real world view).

I'm finding a lot of excitement in this journey of ours, it sounds like you are too.

I can sense that this weekend will be a breeze!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Everyone's sounding really upbeat, it's great to see. Chickchick, hope you feel better today, summer colds are so frustrating aren't they, but they are at least a good excuse for lots of "cleansing" baths. Hope your getting lots of TLC from your family. ST, you've been really productive, what a great result to have created those jewellery pieces. I've read the alchemists, and remember enjoying it, I'll be interested to know what you think of it too. Topspin, thanks for reposting the Fools Rule. Sounds like we're all in, so I'll remind us all on Friday morning that "operation Fools Rule" has begun. Pan, I hope your grandfather is looking down on us with a smile! I'm off to work, with a song in my head, "Welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely day......"
thanks Freen yea I started and kept going haha, at the dance music events people love this kinda stuff it's wearable and tradable art basically, my fiancé has an online shop too, thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad to see you back Sol. I'm done grief drunk and I've done it sober. Sober I dealt with stuff in a far more healthy way...I grew a little even. It was quicker too. Grieving when drinking is like pushing the stuff to one side but it never gets the chance to heal and we have to keep trying to numb the wound. I hope you'll stay with us
yea dee I can't even lie getting towards 3 months I have been dealing with stressful situations a bit better
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rockstonic View Post
This bender I'm on is really bad. Worse than usual. And for no good reason. I feel very alone.
your here tho, I agree with the others you should speak to your father, that is the perfect field for this type of stuff as well.