Notices

Class of May 2014 Part 4

Old 06-06-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yestofreedom View Post
escaped city to get away for weekend.
cancelled plans where i knew id b tempted to drink
mix of AA and sober friends and revealing to them why I CANT just have one has been good.
told my parents too. wonder if that was too much?
Way to be active in your recovery. I told my parents too, I think it's a good idea. The more people that know you are sober, the better.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

@Anew. This back and forth gloom and doom you seem to be going through is disturbing. Perhaps you should try to speak as much as possible at this meeting you are going to. I really really really think you need to see some type of doctor who could determine what type of treatment you need. Your ups and downs frighten me. You have let the brew take over and are having an awfully hard time fighting "the craving" you speak of. I wish you the best at your meeting and look forward to hearing about it later.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

yea i agree
now they will know if they don't hear from me I've been hungover for days
first time in 10 years i told them the problem
Old 06-06-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
The cravings are not leaving today. It's all I can think about. So, even though I don't usually attend on Fridays, I'm going to a meeting in a few minutes. It's either that or sit and stew in my self pity.
hey anew
get all the support u can get
its friday and hardest time for me as well
Old 06-06-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
So, as many of you know, I have very bad social anxiety, and since I was 16 my way of dealing with this is to get drunk. Well, tomorrow is my step daughter's open house. And it's being held here, in my house, and I am freaking out just thinking about it. I am so tempted to get drunk it's scaring me. I keep thinking, well, I only have 5 days sobriety, so it's not a big deal if I just drink that one day, is it?
Sigh.
Someone please reassure me!
I think Rochele had it spot on anew - people aren't there to inspect your house. Try to let that worry go.

I'm really glad you're going to a meeting and speaking with your sponsor

5 days really is a big deal - you deserve to be treated well, most of all by yourself

As far as alcohol making you carefree...it can - for a while.

The trouble is you need more of it, more often, to keep that feeling going. Eventually you find nothing can give you that carefree feeling anymore.

Don't go there. The earlier you can break this cycle the easier it will be for you anew

Originally Posted by Vanduara View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm still here, thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately I can't say that I'm on Day 1 again yet.....this is my pattern, sober for a bit, drink for a couple of days then back to being sober again for a bit, sticking in at my running etc. Aaaaargh!

Good job to everyone who is doing well, you are inspirational.
Hi Vanduara

I drank like that too. I lost a *lot* of days over 20 years.
Can you at least commit to not buying any more today maybe?

D
Old 06-06-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Evening all. I spread my wings this evening and went to a meeting in a part of town I am not familiar with. I did this because a woman gave me her number the other day and I actually texted her. (I can't even believe I did that!) She said she would see me at the meeting so i knew there would be at least one familiar face. I recognised a couple of other people too.
I feel light. I feel like the tension I have been carrying around has gone for the moment. I dont have to rely on sheer willpower to keep me going. Absolutely great. :-)
Old 06-06-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really great Gwen

D
Old 06-06-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Wow lots happening...

anew, no checking out w r all here fighting with you! Tell the AV to sodd off! You are worthy of sobriety an5 days is something to be proud of.

Rochelle....woo hoo on 21! Keep up the fight!

gwen, feeling light is awesome. Work it girl!

Big C, 22 woo hoo! Glad u r doing well!

van, please stay here and join the fight...prayin for u2

I cant look back to see all the comments, but way 2 go everyone on sticking to yournplan...I hope for sober weekend for one and all. Big day tomorrow!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

The meeting went really well! I'm proud of myself for a few reasons. 1) I went to a meeting I don't usually go to, and without my sponsor too. and 2) I actually spoke up and told them I was struggling today. They were really nice and understanding and gave some good sound advice.
SO glad I went!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats awesome anew

D
Old 06-06-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

amazing anew!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I found this thread tonight and thought it might help those having intense cravings. Just knowing they will lessen up in time is something I can work through.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

I have had two significant headaches this week. I have one tonight. I had ice cream tonight. I wonder if sugar is doing this to me? I never wanted sugar but sober I do. I will have to beware I guess. Sigh!

Happy weekend to everyone.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:47 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Morning all, have a great weekend. Still not drinking but gone from a very occasional smoker to a regular one. Oh well, one thing at a time! Strange thing is that I only ever felt tempted to smoke when I drank before. If I'm honest I'm using it as a crutch but I've given up smoking for long periods in the past without too much trouble so I think I'll let it slide for now.

Glad you're still with us and feeling better anew.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 23 here, rain and thunder here in Wales. Did 2 meetings yesterday so going to have the weekend off from AA, got my daughters and plan to go up to my dads . Heard some sad news yesterday- a guy that used to go to a meeting I went to killed himself- another casualty of this horrible disease, he was a professional man who lost everything to drink, he got to nearly a year sober then relapsed. Another reminder to me that Im doing the right thing in getting sober and staying that way.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning. I will be thinking about you anew. Sending lots of positive stuff. Put that sponsor on speed dial during your party. Sneak way and post on here.

I am going to a buddhist centre today for a meditation class. I used to go but lapsed (of course) when I hit the bottle again. After the class, my husband is going to meet me in town. I want a good book shop and a lovely sober lunch out.

I realise as I write this that it sounds great. This is Day 26.

Good luck everyone. Together we are stronger.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober day guys

D
Old 06-07-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey now!! 23 days here. Beautiful day here. Stay strong everyone!!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

1 month today! Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong! ANEW, you will be strong today and if u dont feel strong then u will call your sponsor and then lock yourself in the bathroom and post on here...lol!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
1 month today! Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong! ANEW, you will be strong today and if u dont feel strong then u will call your sponsor and then lock yourself in the bathroom and post on here...lol!
OMG minion I was replying to you and accidentally hit the report button. I'm sorry!! Lol. What I wanted to say was congrats on one month today and an infinity to come!!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 month minion!

SO.. here's the plan for today. I have an AA meeting at 12, and then I'm going with one of the women there for coffee and a talk to (hopefully) lessen my anxiety. By this time, the open house will have already started with my husband dealing with the guests coming. My step daughter found out I won't be there for the beginning and seemed a little upset about it. My husband then said, "how about we get you just one bottle of wine to help?"

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!

I said, "NO. Don't tempt me. That doesn't help at all."

Sigh.

So, I'm going to stick with my plan. It's unfortunate I will be a little late, but what else can I do? If I stick around the entire time, I WILL have a panic attack and probably throw up.