Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 9

Old 07-27-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post

Leigh - Always a pleasure to hear from you! I picture you all purple, pink, sparkly and surrounded by stars!!
Glee - funny you should think "sparkly"; my three year old granddaughter has been visiting; I gave her an Elsa Sparkle Princess doll and an Elsa Sparkle dress for being such a wonderful big sister to her new baby brother. She carries her doll and wears her dress everywhere - even to the movie theater where we saw "Planes/Fire & Rescue"; she leaves a trail of sparkles wherever she goes. So yes, sparkles have been woven into my days lately.

Last night we caught fireflies; they look like twinkling stars.

You must be a little clairvoyant.

Purple is my second favorite color and I wear it often; it is usually the first crayon or marker I pick up when drawing with my little ones.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
I've been neglecting my faith for a long time. I know it is because I know that I have been living outside of God's will for me. Tonight I was having those familiar feelings of anxiety and sadness that led me to drink. I decided I'd fight these feelings by spending time in God's word. I simply opened my bible to where the bookmark was and this is what I read "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self control, perseverance; and to perseverance godliness..." And the passage goes on.

I know not everyone is a believer, but this was almost like God laying out recovery. Trust in him, do good, learn about him and what he desires for you, practice self- control and persevere during those difficult times. He will reward your efforts. Break it down to two words: self-control and perseverance.
DI - it is remarkable the ways God finds to speak to us. So often I forget to keep my eyes and ears open. Like sobriety, my faith has been a journey; it grows when I find ways to nourish it.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Purple is my second favorite color.
Gonna keep us hanging in suspense?
Old 07-27-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Torn - You have so much to gain by quitting. You still have your job, home, marriage, and education. Why wait til you've lost everything? On the other hand, no one could force me to stop. I wanted it - for me. I realized that I was lucky my drinking hadn't killed me yet, and that if I kept knocking myself out unconscious with alcohol, one day I wouldn't come to. I didn't stop for my husband, or kids, or a counselor, or anyone else. The people in my life have benefitted from my sobriety, but they aren't the reason I did it. When I was drinking, I thought I was only hurting myself. I didn't think that my drinking affected anyone all that negatively; that's alcoholism's confounding, deceitful nature. I've realized since then the people I've hurt because of my alcoholism, whether it be my actual drinking or my alcoholic thinking. Most of all, I hurt myself. Alcoholism prevented me from having healthy relationships, friendships, and a career, but I didn't realize it at the time. I just wanted to live.

Leigh - Clairvoyant or hypervigilant/a lucky guesser - I'm not sure which, although I prefer clairvoyant!

dSober - Interesting input on the spiritual piece.

Have a good day Febbies!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

The support I get here is unheard of. i'm in a rabbit hole but i know and with your help it doesn't need to be this way. I'm shocked at how hard this is. Addiction is crap - I don't wish this on anyone. Ugh. I'm still a problem but knowing I don't want to be one anymore gives me hope- I can hope and work towards being done with this. I love you guys - Febbies.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hope! That's the key Torn!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Gonna keep us hanging in suspense?
Green!!!! - Especially teal green.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Green!!!! - Especially teal green.
Cool, me too... sort of. Mine was always green. Not sure when I started liking blue too but I did. Now I'm all mixed up, lol.

My wife picked "mauve" for her bride's maids dresses. Busted her chops forever that they were purple. She always retorted: "NOT purple, MAUVE!". Looks awfully purple to me, lol.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

dSober - I am guessing that you must have married in the 80s; mauve was a hot color then!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I am guessing that you must have married in the 80s
Good guess, 2/9/8.....5, I think. Yeah, '85, daughter just checked time stamp on pic, lol.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

dSober - I am guessing that you must have married in the 80s; mauve was a hot color then!!!
Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Good guess, 2/9/8.....5, I think. Yeah, '85, daughter just checked time stamp on pic, lol.
LOL! Your wife had great taste, dSober! My bridesmaids wore mauve as well, lol. Oh, and we were married 9/7/85!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by casinva View Post
LOL! Your wife had great taste, dSober! My bridesmaids wore mauve as well, lol. Oh, and we were married 9/7/85!
You know it makes me wanna SHOUT!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Day Zero.

I was so sick with hangover, I forced a few drinks in after class, which means a half hour after midnight.

Tonight I expect the sweats, tossing and turning. I told my husband last night I'm going to try quitting again. When I went to work, I see he dumped everything, including hidden bottles, I didn't know about. I take that as support, or maybe he's joining me. We'll, here we go!

I have some new books to read. One is about the human mind, another about how humans aren't as violent as old days. Hopefully enlightening books.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

With you, torn, all the way.

I am leaving for AZ in a few minutes. Don't know when I will be able to check-in again; could be weeks.

Love you guys. Don't forget how incredible, strong, beautiful and capable each of you are!!!!!

Gott go; I am so late.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Torn I'll be thinking of you tonight. Day one is hard. This round I went to AA on Day 1, sweaty, messy, and still coughing from cigs that I smoked the night before - menthol of all things. I listened and I looked within.

It might not sound like a celebration but it was. It opened my eyes to the fact that drinking wasn't working for me. Do you have time to catch a meeting tonight?

I'm only a pm away if you need support. Don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
Hopefully enlightening books.
Can't go wrong with the Big Book, and meetings.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Last edited by Gazza; 07-29-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: ...
Old 07-30-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Hope everything's OK Gazza. I sent you a message.....
Old 07-30-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Just checking in. There weren't any sweats, just tossing and turning. The new book is about how the mind works.

I didn't do AA. I'm thinking that is option for the real test. The weekend.

Gazza, I see a blank post. I hope everything is ok as well.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
I didn't do AA. I'm thinking that is option for the real test. The weekend.
Know where you'll go, and when, if you want/need to? Good to have a plan, IMHO.