Notices

Moms and Mums Club Part 10

Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Well, I woke up to a sick little baby this morning. When I got him out of his crib he was covered in vomit and it was on the bed and floor too. It was mostly bile with just a little milk in it. I had fed him at 5am and he was fine, then I put him back down until he woke up at 730 and that's when I noticed it. He has thrown up 3 times since. It has been kind of a disaster because he threw up all over everything after I tried to give him some breakfast. Near the end of finishing his breakfast he started to cry, which is unlike him so I knew something was up. Then I picked him up and that's when he got sick. I tried to rock him and he threw up again. So, for the second time today he had a bath and this time we took one together. I got him all cleaned up and he seemed like a happy baby again. I put him down for a nap and he fell asleep right away, which he is doing now. Any ideas what this could be? I haven't given him anything unusual to eat lately. We have been out and about quite a bit so I wonder if he picked up a little stomach bug. This would happen while his dad is out of town!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Also, any suggestions on what I should do? Anything that would calm his tummy a little?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Lulu...Oh your poor little guy! It could be a tummy bug...certainly a lot of that going around this year...my daughter had it 3 times this year!!

Hopefully it won't last too long...a little Pedialyte (or whatever pediatric electrolyte drink is near you) to stave of dehydration might be good...keeping them hydrated is the main thing til it passes. Hope it's a fast moving bug and it's gone in a day Limey daughters.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Limey daughters??? Lol...meant LIKE my daughters:-)
Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

It was a tough day. After giving 3 baths, changing my outfit 4 times, cleaning the carpet, changing baby's clothes countless times, and a trip to the store for pedialyte I'm exhausted. It broke my heart to see him feeling so bad. He just couldn't keep anything down. I tried to give him the pedialyte but it made him sick just holding the sippy cup up to his mouth. He finally went to sleep and was able to keep down a little breastmilk. I'm so glad that I wasn't hungover today. This is exactly why I needed to stay sober this week. I can't imagine having to take care of him today after a night of drinking. If he's still sick tomorrow I'm going to call the doctor. I hope we have a good night. Today I fell off my fitness and diet program. I told myself that the only things I'm going to worry about for the rest of the week are taking care of my baby, taking care of myself, and not drinking.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Lulu- when it rains it pours! So sorry about your little one and for you. My daughter threw up from the minute she was born. So I know throw up. She gets car sick every time. No fun! I know it's kinda scary when they are so little and sick ! Hang in there. I hope he feels better in a few days.....and you get some much needed rest!

My contractor came this morning with a hurt knee and fixed my electrical for 50 bucks! He's so lovely.

My daughter and I spent the afternoon with a dear friend at the pool. Wow, was it rejuvenating! Sunshine and good conversations. I am filled up again.

Have a great evening ladies!!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi Moms!

Lulu, sure hope your little one is feeling better soon. What a great feeling to know you are present and alert (not hungover) so you can properly take care of him! You are doing so well.

Glad you are feeling better Lucy! When will you be able to talk to hubby?

It was a beautiful weekend here. Planted some flowers and had a date night with hubby on Sat. Have a little cold, which is making me feel more tired than I already am. 13 weeks today so hopefully this fatigue will start to get better soon? Anxiously awaiting our test results - hoping to hear by end of this week.

Happy Monday ladies! Hope everyone has a great one
Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Lulu... Keep a close eye on him and keep up with pedialyte... If the vomiting continues u will need to contact the pediatrician for sure and just have him looked at. How old is he? As a mother of four I am well versed in all thing vomit related ... Lol... Make sure he takes at least 2 oz of fluid every hour and if he can't keep that down please inform his dr
As far as the anxiety goes I have panic disorder and have had it since I was in high school .... I fully understand and have lived with anxiety and panic for most of my life... Big reason I drank and a big reason I stopped... I can suggest a few books that provide some techniques for dealing with anxious episodes and can PM u titles if u r interested.... Hang in there!! You're doing awesome!!!!! Thank God u r present and sober and able to fully care for him the way u need to... Great job!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

New star... I REFUSE to buy booze for anyone!!! My home is a dry zone right now and I choose not to even be around it right now. Hubby and I went out for a Italian style Sunday Supper with my inlaws yesterday and they were drinking red wine and MAN!!!! I could smell it sooooo much!!! Can't tell u how many times I wanted to just have a sip with my dinner to enjoy the wonderful pairing of a rich earthy Petit Syrah with my veal... Wish I could have just enjoyed the taste minus the alcohol!!!! It was painful to be around and did make me uncomfortable... Even my hubby said he could smell it and his nose is horrible.... Was a good reminder though to watch my father in law to from buzzed to **** faced by the time we left the place!! He "fell asleep" in the car on the way home and was rather belligerent when we got him back to his house ... Kinda ranting and saying stupid racists nonsense... Was happy to get home and away from drunkenness that's for sure!!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

lulu - I forget, how old is your little one? The pedialite is a great idea, and stick to the BRAT diet if he eats solids.... bananas, rice, and I forget what else, but you can google it. I'm so sorry he's sick- it's awful to have a sick little one...

We had a busy Saturday - my daughter had her NICU reunion, which was tough... lots of memories coming back of that time, but just so glad our little girl is happy and healthy now. It was hard to see kids with disabilities from their prematurity, and hard to think of all the parents who weren't there because their kids didn't "graduate".... After that, we went to an engagement party thrown by our old neighbors. They are the ones I used to talk about with the woman who was always telling me (right after I got sober) that I needed a drink. Anyway, she was trashed at the party, as usual (we got there late, so plenty of drinking had happened already). It was so awesome to be driving home sober, knowing that I had the whole next day ahead of me with no hangover. We had a great time hanging out with another neighbor couple. The time away from the kids was much needed and really set me up to be a good momma after some frustrating days last week. It's amazing how even just a few hours of "adult" time resets your stores of patience!! We had a playdate this morning and I chatted with the mom about my alcoholism and she was totally receptive and warm about it. I feel like it's a part of me I shouldn't be ashamed of, and it's nice to know that I can talk about it a little and not feel like I'm crazy.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies,

Glad to be at work after a hectic weekend with parties. Party #1 was a graduation party for my niece. It was a nice day, but I was really cognizant of the alcohol around me, and had a big time moment of longing towards the end of the party when just a small group of us were sitting around the fire pit and a friend had a glass of red wine. It had gotten chilly, and I recalled how nice it would have been to sip that cozy warm liquid. Then I had a made a cup of coffee, and that made things so much better.

Party #2 was a birthday party for a 1 year old. Big bash, and lots of people drinking, but this time I hardly noticed it, and had no issues with cravings at all. Was thrilled with that!

Sissy...Isn't it amazing how mindful we are now of others drunken behavior (like your father in law)? My cousin was slurring his words big time by the end of yesterdays party, and it's such a turn off to listen to with sober ears. I suppose I will get used to it, and chuckle some day, but maybe it's because deep down I know that is exactly how I sounded VERY OFTEN, and it's unnerving to think about.

Anyway...leaving work early today to go to my follow neurological appointment to find out what my little "fainting episodes" could be after my EEG came back normal. should be interesting.

Will check back later.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi again all!

Well the neurologist feels there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about! He said it doesn't sound like the few episodes I had were seizures at all. He thinks it's a low blood pressure issue. My pressure does run on the low side (always has, except when I was drinking heavy), and he said pressure does tend to drop even more after sleeping. That would explain why those episodes always happened in early morning hours.

What a relief for me!!!!! So happy:-)

Hope all is well ladies...gonna have my tea and a sliver of red velvet cake for dessert:-)
Old 06-02-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Fantastic Dolly! Health is everything!!! What a relief. Enjoy your tea and cake.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi ladies, Just checking in real quick. Everything is going well here. Baby is feeling better and is now able to keep down solids. I took him to the pediatrician yesterday and she said he looked good and gave him some nausea medicine. She also warned me that this virus is going around and I might get it as well. So far I feel ok.

Dolly- that's GREAT news about your EEG!!! What a relief!

Bebetter- I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Sissy- It's interesting to see people with drinking problems now, isn't it? What a wake up call! I'm glad to hear that you were able to make it through despite having to smell that stuff. I have noticed that with my sobriety I can smell alcohol from a mile away now.

Thank you ladies for supporting me through this week. It has been an adventure, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be despite baby getting sick. We have gotten along just fine and I'm feeling even more confident in my sobriety now. Only a few days left until my hubby comes home. I think I can make it!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Ladies -

Funny day today. I went to lunch with some girlfriends I used to work with, we used to hit up happy hour sometimes but I wouldn't say we drank a lot together though we all always talked about how much we loved to drink. Anyway, we all now have children and lives have changed. They both commented on how good I look and they are very trusted friends and I shared that I quite drinking almost 5 months ago. They were both very supported, congratulatory and kind about it. One of the ladies who has had a rough transition into motherhood and has always been a big drinker, expressed(and expresses every time I'm with her) how much she loves drinking and how she'll never give it up. In the same breath she said 'I don't allow myself to drink during the week anymore now that I'm back at work, the other night I got so wasted and I woke up so panicy and had to have my husband drive me to work because I was still so drunk." So, I think maybe she meant after that episode she doens't drink during the day anymore? And then later added, 'The other night all of my o-workers and I had to go to this work dinner and it was suppossed to be just a dinner, I ended up at a downtown hotel until 1:00 am. The next day we were all so beat up, we went to lunch and got bloody mary's. I've never drank more than 2 drinks during the work day.'

In the past these data points would have made her a perfect co-hort in my drinking, which is why I think I liked her so much, I knew she was always a bit more worse off than me and now I see that there's a real problem there. Maybe she'd disagree because she can stop but then said 'I know I have no self control once I start.' The whole thing I thought would be hard for me and perhaps a bit of a trigger but I see now, its reinforced my commitment to staying sober... which is good because my husband and I have an awards dinner at a fancy hotel in town, where the wine is bottomless and the wait staff just keeps pouring with high elbows? The last time I went to this dinner I was already at bottle of wine deep by the time we got to the cocktail hour... 'Oh I'd love a glass of wine,' inner monologue 'this makes 5, you should slow it down...' never happened. I can't remember leaving. Think I picked a fight with husband and went to bed with purple teeth.

UGH.

That's my Tuesday tale for you all.

XO
Old 06-03-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies,

Babs...glad your lunch was pleasant, and not a trigger at all! I'm sure you will be fine at that dinner....just keep that purple teeth vision in your mind as a deterrent...God I remember those teeth and lips too. They were often staring back at me from the mirror the next morning as I brushed my teeth trying not to gag on the brush:-(

Had a pretty good day...went to daughters gymnastics class then home for an easy dinner of burgers, then went out and enjoyed a nice walk...it was a beautiful day here!!!

Going to try and get up early to do the gym tomorrow..5:00 am wake up, let's see if I can do it:-)
Old 06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Dolly, so glad to hear everything is fine with your health! What a relief that must be for you.

Lulu, glad your little one is feeling better. When does hubby come home? You're doing so well

Babs, your one girlfriend sounds like she has a problem. So sad ... a lot of what she said reminded me of my old ways Wish I knew back then what I know now. So much time wasted.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Had a good day today. Took my daughter to swim class and then she and I did some shopping and went out to breakfast. The play date we had scheduled had to cancel because the little girl was sick. So much going around.

Night night ladies!!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

It's wednesday - Not much happening here. It's quiet. Trying to figure out how to get more billable time at work. Instead I'm surfing the net. Maybe I'll watch some Bravo... Husband is out with friends tonight. Gives me time with the baby. We were out last night so I miss her.

The event last night was great AND I remember it. I woke up for my 7:30 am meeting, not blurry-eyed, no headache, not late. What a refreshing morning. I did notice the hostess of our table was drinking a lot (is it just me or do you notice now how much people drink?), the last time I saw her she was so drunk, she fell out of her chair. So, perhaps I'm more sensitive to it. I noticed though that our table bottles were gone in no time.... and one of the other women said 'look at you, turning water into wine!' as she poured the wine into her (larger) water glass.

Do you think we ever stop noticing EVERYONE'S drinking habits around us?

So bored today... would LOVE to go pick up my daughter early and hang out with her.

How is everyone today?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hi ladies,
It seems as though we've all been a little busy lately, doesn't it? Sometimes I get on here and there are tons of posts and sometimes they just barely trickle in throughout the week. By the way, has anyone heard from JustSarah lately?

I've been keeping pretty busy. I finally finished a project, that I started about a week ago, last night. It's a late mother's day gift for my mom. I used a "configuration box" that's part of the Tim Holtz collection and I painted it various colors with oil paints. Then I found some tiny figurines that I placed in each of the boxes with different themes. One theme is sewing, one is gardening, one is cooking, one is all about family, and one is some words I used to describe her. I'll post a picture of it when it's all finished. I hope she likes it and I hope it makes it to its destination intact when I eventually try to mail it. It takes FOREVER for oil paints to dry so who knows when I'll even be able to send it off.

I've been cleaning like a mad woman too. I thought I'd take this opportunity while my husband is gone to get some things done around the house. I still feel like there are parts of it I'd like to organize better, but it's coming around.

I totally fell off the fitness wagon. I've been eating a lot of cookies, drinking a lot of diet coke, and eating a lot of carbs. I still go for walks but I haven't lifted weights for about a week. After my son got sick I decided that I'd just do whatever it takes to get me through the week and worry about that stuff when my husband got back.

I'm definitely ready for my husband to come home. It hasn't been terrible having him gone, but I'm really starting to get lonely now and he brings a sort of balance to me. Plus, he helps a little bit with the baby too. I'm so glad he isn't in the military anymore.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you all. Take care!
Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

We got the Mat21 results back today and it was negative for all 3 major trisomies, well with 99% accuracy. Big relief for us to know we are not dealing with a major chromosome disorder like last time. They want to do an early anatomy scan at 16 weeks because of what happened with my first pregnancy. So will have that done in 3 weeks. Oh and we found out today that we are having another girl!! Think hubby and I both thought this one was a boy so we were a little surprised. I think my daughter will enjoy having a little sister. I had 1 brother, no sisters so I have no idea what it is like to have a sister. Exciting

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!