View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi Ladies,

Glad to be at work after a hectic weekend with parties. Party #1 was a graduation party for my niece. It was a nice day, but I was really cognizant of the alcohol around me, and had a big time moment of longing towards the end of the party when just a small group of us were sitting around the fire pit and a friend had a glass of red wine. It had gotten chilly, and I recalled how nice it would have been to sip that cozy warm liquid. Then I had a made a cup of coffee, and that made things so much better.

Party #2 was a birthday party for a 1 year old. Big bash, and lots of people drinking, but this time I hardly noticed it, and had no issues with cravings at all. Was thrilled with that!

Sissy...Isn't it amazing how mindful we are now of others drunken behavior (like your father in law)? My cousin was slurring his words big time by the end of yesterdays party, and it's such a turn off to listen to with sober ears. I suppose I will get used to it, and chuckle some day, but maybe it's because deep down I know that is exactly how I sounded VERY OFTEN, and it's unnerving to think about.

Anyway...leaving work early today to go to my follow neurological appointment to find out what my little "fainting episodes" could be after my EEG came back normal. should be interesting.

Will check back later.