Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 10

Old 04-24-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning.... Sounds horrible ilya, sorry for your situation, but hope u tough it out!!!
Well done on day 50 BIM, really cool milestone!!!
Hope everyone else I'd happy, or at least doing OK... I'm assembling a climbimgframe today!!! Something for the monkeys to expend energy upon... But its foggy, so no nice view....
Love to all xx
Old 04-24-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey gang, checking on day 4.

Mega hectic at work today but I don't mind that much as it keeps me occupied. Planning on using my lunch hour to catch up on all your posts.

Keep on truckin
Old 04-24-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Bimini- congratulations on 50 days! You are truly an inspiration.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ilya- I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

If the urge to drink hits you while they are here, try and remember that if something does happen and the police are called, they will not take you seriously if you have alcohol on your breath.

My thoughts are with you.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I am back at the house they say surgery went fine but they won't know for 2 weeks the total amount of eye loss. The scraped a bunch of jelly out of my eye and installed a gas bubble I was in surgery for almost 2 hours.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Wow Mr F you've had a lot of medical stuff going on!

I was thinking to myself how the drinker's body heals so terribly. It's good that you're clean and sober and able to repair so much better now.

Good luck to you and here's to a speedy recovery!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

MrF, continued prayers for your healing. That's very alarming. I know I take my health for granted a lot. I'm grateful to be healthy today.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi, Ilya! You're in my thoughts as well. I know your situation is bad, but like Dee and I were saying - just don't engage with them at all. Don't answer the door or the phone. You don't have to be nice to them or pretend to be. Tell them from behind a closed door to go away. If they don't, call the police.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I love spring so much. Here is a picture of a blooming bush outside my office this morning. Reminds me of the re-birth we are experiencing in our sober lives. Beautiful. Love you all. -Chris
[darn, the upload of my pic did not work from my office computer.... well it was a beautiful purple blooming bush...]
Old 04-24-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I am back at the house they say surgery went fine but they won't know for 2 weeks the total amount of eye loss. The scraped a bunch of jelly out of my eye and installed a gas bubble I was in surgery for almost 2 hours.
So glad you are back home MrF! Praying for a good recovery for you.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 50 Bim that is tremendous!! Treat yourself extra nicely today
Old 04-24-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Praying for those who are struggling with challenges such as Ilya. Stay strong you are amazing keep checking in with us.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I hope all that are going through struggles now come out the other side in better shape. I don't have any words of wisdom to add to what has already been said, but I am thinking about each of you and hoping for the best.

Aarry, ugh on the back. I had back surgery a few years ago and luckily it pretty much worked. Before the surgery though it was tough. Any place around to swim or at least float in the water? When I couldn't take the pain anymore I found going to the Y and floating around for an hour or two took the edge off the pain enough to be able to deal with it with the narcotics I was being prescribed.

Just don't get in to what I did. I found the best pain relief was from Valium and Chardonnay. Well you all know where that led me.

Best to all
Old 04-24-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

MrF- so glad you are home! God speed on the healing.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I have some extremely sad news to report with tears in my eyes. I failed miserably last night and caved into temptation!!
Oh God I wish I could take it back!!
I am so asahmed of myself and almost wanted to not let anyone know but that is not fair to you all you deserve better!
I feel gut-wrenchingly bad about the choice I made yesterday.
I had 40+ days and now I am back to day 1. Absolute Shame on me !!!!
So I am here to beg you all to let me stay with you I want to earn back your trust and stay on the right path.
Many will ask what lead me to drink so I will try to explain and learn from it...
MY AV went nuts last night. I had no tennis planned, I was alone and tired (HALT!). My AV said 'WTF go for it you deserve it!'.
So no excuses. My AV is a part of me I need to deal with much more vigilantly from now on!!
I am so utterly furious with myself right now. I am going to use that as fuel to stand up after falling and stay sober!
I love you all and I appreciate every one of you. I pray I can stay with you all I do need the support and I can never let my guard down again.
New sobriety date: 4/24/14.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey Bimini congrats on 50 days wow what an achievement!!!

MrF hope you recover well. As Illya says it's a blessing that you are sober and able to heal quicker.

Illya I'm praying you stay strong over the next few days.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Poor u Chris, but think positive, 40 plus days, 1 small slip, more vigilance as u know how it feels now... Was it a huge amount if drink, or just a bit???
I think u do magnificently to be so strong and in a hotel of all places...
Don't beat yourself up over it.... You are so kind n helpful on here, a great help to us all, thanks for all you've done n said and will continue to do!!! Xx
Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Poor u Chris, but think positive, 40 plus days, 1 small slip, more vigilance as u know how it feels now... Was it a huge amount if drink, or just a bit???
I think u do magnificently to be so strong and in a hotel of all places...
Don't beat yourself up over it.... You are so kind n helpful on here, a great help to us all, thanks for all you've done n said and will continue to do!!! Xx
Enfin. It was not a small slip. Thank God I was safe in my hotel. I am going to be more vigilant than ever now! Thanks so much for your kind words. My AV says, well you drank last night so you can drink today. I say FU AV !! I want my sober life back which brings me true joy, not the BS you promise me!.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Every time u pick yourself up, you'll be stronger my dear x
Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Chris, I understand your frustration. Just try to make this a one night slip rather than a week and half long slip like I did.

I know youll get back on your feet. Sending a big hug your way...