Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 10

Old 04-02-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hiya Crois ;-) I've never seen snow either ;-(
Old 04-02-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all -

Laughing at all the Aussie food vs. North American food. The only Aussie food I've tried was vegemite (blech!) back in the day when it was mentioned in that Men at Work song. Bob I think a fluffernutter is a New England thing....although I know what it is the only person I know who has actually made and eaten one is my BF's SIL who is from New Hampshire.

I remember as a kid sending sourdough bread to family in upstate New York. Oh and See's candy. Because you couldn't get them except out here in Cali.

One thing that I wish was out here on the West Coast - Tim Horton's. Timbits...yum!

NCG
Old 04-02-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yup,
A fluffernutter is a New England thing.
It's just a sandwich made with marshmallow spread and peanut butter. Usually on white bread.

I've gone to other states and not even seen the Fluff on sale.
Vegemite-heard of it,but,never tried it.
I do like Nutella though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fluffernuttersteps.jpg (85.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

NCG

Tim Hortons! Or "horny Tim's" as my old bf (the one i reconnected with) called it!
We Canucks do love our Tim's! And Timbits, num num!

Dee, it's Snuffy! He's a fav of mine, him and Cookie Monster!
Well guys and gals, more later, treating myself to a pedi this am!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Haha, Bob!
Now I see we've come back to 'roos. Skippy, the bush kangaroo, anyone?!
Ta for the chuckles this mornin',folks!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Non LOLOLOLOL Leshar ! Too funny , I've been watching Skippy the bush kangaroo every night when i cant sleep . It's usually on around 1 am .

So funny now when i watch it opposed to when I was a kid . :-) i still love it tho .

Reminds me of sitting with my 7 brothers and sisters after school eating vegemite toast
And just being a kid .

Bob if you wanna pm your address , I'll send you some vegemite :p

Mannn i love that marshmallow fluff , i prefer it in pink tho xx.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy, yeah I used to watch Skippy after school too!
Wow, that's a big family you come from!

I just got a message from my gf, the one who doesn't like that I no longer drink. She was on her way back into town and called me to see if I could meet up with her for a coffee now. She never contacts me to say, hey, can you meet me for lunch/coffee on Thursday/next week, ie never with any forward planning, it's always been me accomodating to her schedule at the last minute.
Well, I'm tired of this. I may be less busy than she is, but I'm no longer going to drop whatever I may be doing to meet her, cos im lonely and don't want to lose the friendship.
The friendship is changing, I've mentioned this here, and I'm ok if it fizzles out. She's not a very positive person and I've come to realize that she uses me as a sounding board for her troubled relationship with her partner. Ah well, there it is.

I had a great day in the city yesterday, my psych is ok with me remaining off anti depressants atm. I see him in a month. My class was interesting, it's totally different acting for the camera, than stage acting. A nice bunch of ppl in the class, a few good laughs! One of the nice things about getting older, I find, and more so as I continue with a sober lifestyle, is that I'm less concerned with what others think of me. I do my best, show up, and give a good effort to whatever it may be, and then ,well, I just have to let things unfold as they may!
I think you mentioned before that you feel somewhat the same way, eh Snoozy?

I'm going mad atm with bad scalp psoriasis, I'm going mad with the itch! Between me and my bird who has birdy dandruff, we're the Itchy and Scratchy show!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Oh food....listen, Vegemite may taste odd, but you probably aren't starting out right. Lots of butter on hit toast and scrape it THINLY on. Not slather - American -style! Yes, really, sometimes less IS more! Hehe.

Instructions below. I like mine sometimes with avocado on top and finish with a squeeze of lemon, sprinkle of salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkle with chia seeds. Superfood lunch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (72.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I like my Vegemite all of the above ways. sometimes, I even deliberately burn my toast black, and have it "for those who want to die" style. I also recommend half honey, half vegemite. Alternate bites from the sweet to the salty. Yeah, good times!

Off to work for me.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good Grief Crois!

Do you really have the want to die version Pml !!!!

I'm a vegemite for beginners girl lol , dunno about the roast beef example . I don't think you can liken our icon to anything ;-)

But i absolutely loved seeing that pic this morn , thanks .

Guess what I'm about to have for brekky now :-)

Oh and i agree , it's a must that the toast is hot with lotsa melted butter yummmmm cxxxx
Old 04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey everybody,

I'm not sure that shipping a jar of vegemite 1/2 way around the world is necessary, Wendy. Maybe I can find some state side to try.

Thanks for the instructions, Croissant.
Sorry about your itchiness, Leshar. Hope that goes away for you.

I'm watching a Red Sox game. (Our baseball team)
They won the world series last year.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh Croissant and my Aussie pals, sorry, but that Vegemite pic makes me want to toss my cookies! You guys like it??

Thanks, Bob. Just slathered some greasy goop on my scalp. Hey, maybe Vegemite would work. Looks just about as yucky as my goop!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh then I definitely used the vegemite incorrectly. I used it like I was making a peanut butter sandwich!

Bob if memory serves me right I think I found it all those years ago at Cost Plus. Do you have those in New England? They have a sizeable imported food section.

Or good ole Amazon.com. They have everything and it gets delivered right to your doorstep.

But what I'd really like is some Timbits (nudge nudge Leshar)!

NCG
Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like it about once a year when I get a vegemite craving LOL

D
Old 04-02-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Once a year Dee ! Wow ...we go thru a large jar every 2 weeks :-)

NCG . Spreading it like peanut paste or ( peanut butter ) as you guys call it

I've spent the day with my Mum and Dad clearing out my sisters shed and sending furniture up to Queensland now that she has left that loser of a boyfriend .

I'm stuffed , cos then i was on a mission to clear my clothes etc ...

Have 10 large bags for goodwill ,

Feels good to clear out the clutter and make way for new things ;-) xx
Old 04-03-2014, 12:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorCaliGal View Post
Oh then I definitely used the vegemite incorrectly. I used it like I was making a peanut butter sandwich!

You Americans! No half measures! Hehe.xx
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey now Croissant,If Americans were 1/2 way people we wouldn't have a West coast.

I'll have to check into this vegemite stuff. I heard it's good for you but taste like a gym sock.lol
Sounds like you had a busy day digging through old clothes,Wendy.
Too bad you didn't find any $$$.

Hope everybody is having a nice day/night.
It's finally spring here. No more frozen ground,lots of mud.

Hey Dee,

Nice avatar,Aloysius Snuffleupagus, more commonly known as Mr. Snuffleupagus or Snuffy. Sesame street.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Don't worry Bob , it wasn't through lack of trying .i almost hot the jackpot though , i found 10 cents ...woot !

Lol if vegemite tasted like gym sock i would give it a wide berth .

I would have to say for newbies tho , that it's an acquired taste ;-)

I love mr snuffleupagus :-) xx
Old 04-03-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi friends,

Wanted to share some surprising, yet wonderful news with my Julyers. I took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive! Not sure if you all know my background, but we tried for over a year to get pregnant again, after our daughter, only to lose the baby (another girl) at 13 weeks. We found out she had a fatal chromosome disorder - Trisomy 18 It was devastating and I started drinking again the day after we lost her (fall of 2012). I pretty much drank regularly until Apr of 2013 (when I stumbled upon SR). Anyway, after losing our last baby we decided to try one more time. Over a year later and no pregnancy. Well, in Jan of this year we said enough and stopped trying. So you can imagine how surprised we were yesterday when the test was positive. I am 42 and my husband will be 40 in a couple of weeks so we are very worried about another chromosome problem, but just have to hope for the best. Very excited, but also very scared. Good news is I have no desire to drink when I am pregnant so I am looking forward to, hopefully, a 9 month break from my AV. Bad news is I am very worried about what will happen if something goes wrong.

I will keep you all updated. We haven't even told family yet (don't want them to worry) so you all are one of the first to know
Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

That is wonderful news,Ladybug!!!
I'm so happy for you and your husband.