Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 4

Old 03-19-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Hi Shoshie, hope migraine's gone, mum gets them, theyre awful I thought we gave up same day, so it would be day 12? Maybe Im getting confused lol
Oh my word, Toddle. It's me. Selling myself short here, day 12! Absolutely NO cravings today, possibly the only upside of the migraine so yay! (Sort of.)
Old 03-19-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
Oh my word, Toddle. It's me. Selling myself short here, day 12! Absolutely NO cravings today, possibly the only upside of the migraine so yay! (Sort of.)
Ugh. Migraines. I had them for 25 years. I understand the "no-light in my world" requirement. Expensive disease, migraines. Not just for the necessary medical care, but lost days at work and relationship problems brought on by chronic illness.

Take care of yourself.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Lol Shoshie, thought I was imagining it! Day 12 whoohoo...

Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Ugh. Migraines. I had them for 25 years. I understand the "no-light in my world" requirement. Expensive disease, migraines. Not just for the necessary medical care, but lost days at work and relationship problems brought on by chronic illness. Take care of yourself.
Ah thanks, bb. Get them rarely and haven't missed much so no biggie. And they're GREAT for displacing cravings. I loved reading your long post btw. You've reached out for and found what sounds like great support - I'm convinced it's key to early sobriety. Stay strong! x
Old 03-19-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
:day

Natalie and Chris!
Thanks Aarry my birthday is actually tomorrow but I can start celebrating today right? Had some ice cream today, tomorrow cake. I've been a good boy I deserve it!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I found Addicted on Netflix last night. Biminiblue was talking about this show not that long ago. I watched only two of the episodes because they dealt with alcohol. It was scary how much the one guy reminded me of me. Drank at least a fifth of vodka a day... only he drank it straight, EWWW. The second episode I watched was about a woman who was a drug addict as well as an alcoholic. I will admit, watching her drink brought up that feeling of "Oh, I wish I could have one." They then showed her after she had drank a copious amount and my thought was "I never want to do that again."
Old 03-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Heck yeah!

You guys are almost at two weeks! That's awesome!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Cali I thought you were a lady lol, and Dee, thought Shoshie was a man, Id make a crap detective lol

Old 03-19-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Shoshie congrats on 12 almost 2 weeks AWESOME !!!! I will be on day 10 on my birthday tomorrow right behind you ! Also no cravings is GREAT (but sorry for the migraine ) !!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ack! My counsellor appointment was good, I missed the bus on the way back and got soaked. I know I should go to a meeting but it`s wet and raining out and I have to walk, and I am cranky (can you tell?) but I just want to stay home and relax but I feel guilty doing that so I don't know. Any thoughts? I don't feel like drinking, that's a good thing.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Random stupid fact. I had a Grey's Anatomy marathon and I'm now working my way through Bones. I'm about halfway through the fourth season and I've seen 14 people I saw in Grey's Anatomy in Bones

Hell, I'm proud that I was sober so I could recognize the same actors.

Last edited by Aarryckha; 03-19-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: I wasn't sober "enough." I am sober!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Ary, "Addicted" is absolutely a disturbing reality show. Stay with it if it isn't too difficult for you, there are glimmers of solutions in the show. Not to mention, that is where we are all headed if we go back to drink.

In AA they say alcoholics have two choices if they keep drinking, locked up or covered up. Watching those addicts on that show is what you hear about in AA, too. Alcoholism isn't for the faint of heart. This is tough work.

edit to say: Ary, I also watched Bones and Grays Anatomy. Both really good. I'm in Scandal now.

Last edited by biminiblue; 03-19-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: p.s.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awynnkitty View Post
Ack! My counsellor appointment was good, I missed the bus on the way back and got soaked. I know I should go to a meeting but it`s wet and raining out and I have to walk, and I am cranky (can you tell?) but I just want to stay home and relax but I feel guilty doing that so I don't know. Any thoughts? I don't feel like drinking, that's a good thing.
It was pouring today during the start of my second meeting. A lady shared that she wanted to stay home because of the rain and then thought, "The rain never stopped me from drinking."

But take care of you. You already had one "meeting" today with your counselor.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Natalie

IIya - drinking tonight would only ultimately increase your stress levels, not lower them.

It won't fix anything about the singular bedbug either

Just go have a good, sober time.

D
Old 03-19-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sooooo, I've bought alcohol in every store in the county and hit every bar within ten miles, now every dang place that sells the stuff needs to be reset in my mind.

All the exits on the freeway? I know where the bar with the best food is. And the nearest Safeway. I guess the Safeway thing comes in handy for other stuff, but STILL. I don't really see them as triggers or unsafe, but dayum, girl. Is no place sacred?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better Soshie

Happy birthday to you too Chris

awynn - if you feel you need it go - a little rain never hurts

D
Old 03-19-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Sooooo, I've bought alcohol in every store in the county and hit every bar within ten miles, now every dang place that sells the stuff needs to be reset in my mind.

All the exits on the freeway? I know where the bar with the best food is. And the nearest Safeway. I guess the Safeway thing comes in handy for other stuff, but STILL. I don't really see them as triggers or unsafe, but dayum, girl. Is no place sacred?
I totally understand the store thing.

My favorite Safeway to buy food is where I bought all my poison. I was terrified to walk in there for the first time.

That was the benefit of having state run liquor stores. At least I didn't have to see all the poison when I was trying to buy food.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I decided to stay in because I am extremely tired. My alternative plans for the evening are to eat because I haven't ate all day, and watch a movie. It's kind of nice to be sober and watch a movie. There are so many movies that I don't remember anything about. I am also trying to find addicted online because it sounds interesting.

Does anyone else get annoyed with themselves over the times and things they don't remember?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Off to bed for this one. Been a long and tiring one but I'm still sober and staying strong.

Goodnight all, lots of love
Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by awynnkitty View Post
Does anyone else get annoyed with themselves over the times and things they don't remember?
All the time.