Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 4

Old 03-19-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

<<~~~ Not a Pisces. Still emotional.

I'm really enjoying reading the January 2014 group threads. Whoever mentioned that, thank you. This site is a wealth of information and hope.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Im waiting for my lull to come, I feel happy today, so am hanging onto it!

Youre strong bimini, emotions are good, it means we're alive, not in fug fuelled druken haze.

<---- like that lol
Old 03-19-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hahaha.
I'm going to hang on to you guys today. Well I always do. But I'm feeling so tired and worried. And I'm not going to bother the H with it on his bday.
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Worried? About H? Tiredness doesnt help, can you have a little nap?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm worried about my bedbug situation, going out to dinner to celebrate tonight, and I didn't sleep last night and I'm on an intense work day today. I wish I could nap!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!

I made it through the hockey game last night without drinking. My F-I-L who knows I'm sober offered me beer two times

Anyhow, I had a fun sober time... And now I'm on day 20!

I hope you all have a good day! I'm catching up on posts now.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Omg, yes the bed bugs, aarghh!! I had the same thing with fleas, nightmare, had to de flea whole house, pesky puddy cats...

Can you not spray the mattress with something? Hoover it also, may help.

Sounds like a full on day ahead, I suppose just ride with it, bit difficult if youre tired and fed up, hope it goes well and the horrid bugs go
Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning Facingfuture!! Youre doing so well, keep with it

Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Natalie!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks T yeah I'm just mainly a bit worried facing the challenge of not drinking at dinner, given the current stress climate!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Welcome kopfan.....you've come to the right place....prepare to "march " to the beat of a different and better drum from here on with the support of some great people....
Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I made it through the hockey game last night without drinking. My F-I-L who knows I'm sober offered me beer two times

Anyhow, I had a fun sober time... And now I'm on day 20!

I hope you all have a good day! I'm catching up on posts now.
Great job FacingFuture on staying sober at Hockey game, especially with your FIL offering you beer!

Stay strong!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone. I hope everyone is good. I am groggy and grumpy bc I just woke up but that will change. Today for me is going to see my counselor and then another new meeting.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Facing Future -- he offered you beer?? How did he take it when you said no was it strange? Did he accept it and move on? Other people!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 7 checking in

Hi all!

Slept really well last night. Still have a cold but its not so bad. Going to work and have a long day ahead.

Worried about triggers after work so I will be checking in here for sure. So many supportive people here helped me out on Monday during the witching hour.

I have been noticing a lot of signs. Some may think I'm searching for them but even if I am it is all good. When at the gym Monday morning I was using weight machine and thinking about how I never made it to the gym day after a binge. I looked up just the and on the wall ahead of me was the word "achievement" in big bold letters... It seemed to pop out in 3-D to me. Made me feel proud of how far I have come in recovery!

Also, later that same day when my AV was trying to convince me I could have just one drink to take the edge off...I looked up and saw the word "Danger". It was in the train station to warn people not to cross the yellow line near the tracks. It startled me because I was thinking about how perfectly that ties into alcoholism. The yellow line is just one sip or Just one drink, it won't hurt you right away but it brings you closer to a speeding train and impending danger.

Its raining here in the Chi. I love rainy days at home with a good book and candles. That's my plan for after work.

Enjoy the day!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Thanks T yeah I'm just mainly a bit worried facing the challenge of not drinking at dinner, given the current stress climate!!
We are here for you Ilya! I know I am not ready to be in that situation. Remember that you are worth it. Take good care of yourself. Your best revenge is being happy and healthy.

It is definitely not worth drinking alcohol at dinner. I always try to have a"special" nonalcoholic drink at a restaurant sothat I don't feel deprived and resentful of others who can drink normally.

Stay strong!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Good morning everyone

Doing ok - no major complaints Hoping to get a call about a job interview this week - it would mean alot to me to atleast get an interview!

Facing - I have found that parents are the worst enablers - lol! I mean that as a joke but unfortunately it can be true. I am preparing for a weekend at the in-laws with golfing and grilling. I anticipate being on SR alot

Grateful - please look for the 'signs' and share them - these are the small joys in life

Have a good day - stay focused on your sobriety and protect it!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful, I love it that you are getting signs. They are everywhere.

The yellow line at the train, yes. Danger, indeed. Excellent metaphor.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Hi there

I don't know if folks saw the post Monday (???) by YoungnClean. He recently relapsed and shared his struggles.

It was a very heart wrenching read and I plan to visit his post when I feel the need to drink - I really felt so much empathy for his struggle and the post showed me a place that I can go. I don't want to go there and so I will stay diligent in my commitment to stay sober!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I dont envy you Ilya having to go out to dinner, uurgh, Im sure once youre there it will be ok, you'll be strong!!!