Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 3

Old 03-17-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I'll just amuse myself here
Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning all. Got through day 7 sober, although it was by far the hardest... I now understand the term "white knuckle it". The music venue has tables that you sit at with servers, and (this has never happened before) every staff member in the place came over to ask if we wanted to order any wine, sample any wine, here's the special wine list, etc etc. I actually started crying at one point it was so hard, but together we stood firm and the amazing part is that after 30 min or so it went away and I was just happy to be there sober and enjoying the show.

I also noticed that my skin is looking much clearer, less red and blotchy (I'm Irish so prone to that sort of thing)!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday and a happy, sober St Patrick's Day!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

SO on the subject of Rum.

I had all kinds of tasty juice drinks with my Rum. I am pleased to report that those same drinks are just as tasty without the rum. So, I have that going for me at least.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Gorc, thanks for posting the pics. I want your job. Wait, I want A job. But it would be great if it was driving around Australia working on radio towers and meeting red bellied blacks. But aren't those the really dangerous snakes?

Oh, right. You all have lots of dangerous snakes. I think I'll stay here. No bugs hardly, the only snakey-snakes are non-venomous, and the biggest critter I worry about is a Cougar. Or a bear, but mostly a Cougar. At least I won't accidentally step on one.
Most are shy, yes the red is dangerous I will digress a little I see probably all the deadly ones over course of a year but 2 in particular scare us

Tiapan is number 1

Inoculous and timid you pretty much have to stand on it, I have seen guys handle them. But if bit pretty much dead

It has the most toxic venom of any land snake in the world. The maximum yield recorded for one bite is 110mg, enough to kill about 100 humans, or 250,000 mice! With an LD/50 of 0.03mg/kg, it is 10 times as venomous as the Mojave Rattlesnake, and 50 times more than the common Cobra. Fortunately, the Inland Taipan is not particularly aggressive and is rarely encountered by humans in the wild. No fatalities have ever been recorded, though it could potentially kill an adult human within 45 minutes.

Brown number 2

One we are all most scared of is the brown and then tiger it will chase you and they are thick on the ground where I work and lie in ambush. If bitten you need to be on a chopper in about 30min or cactus. I would see about 15 a year

1/14,000 of an ounce of its venom is enough to kill an adult human. Unfortunately, its preferred habitat is also along the major population centers of Australia. The Brown snake is fast moving, aggressive under certain circumstances and has been known to chase aggressors and repeatedly strike at them. Even juveniles can kill a human. The venom contains both neurotoxins and blood coagulants. Fortunately for humans, less than half of bites contain venom and they prefer not to bite if at all possible. They react only to movement, so stand very still if you ever encounter one in the wild

Anyway a diversion and yes it is good to reflect on what I risk
Old 03-17-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gracette View Post
Morning all. Got through day 7 sober, although it was by far the hardest... I now understand the term "white knuckle it". The music venue has tables that you sit at with servers, and (this has never happened before) every staff member in the place came over to ask if we wanted to order any wine, sample any wine, here's the special wine list, etc etc. I actually started crying at one point it was so hard, but together we stood firm and the amazing part is that after 30 min or so it went away and I was just happy to be there sober and enjoying the show.

I also noticed that my skin is looking much clearer, less red and blotchy (I'm Irish so prone to that sort of thing)!

May the road rise up to meet ye, gracette.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Old 03-17-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

gorc, I like snakes.

in cages at the zoo.

I grew up in Florida, Diamond Backs and Cottonmouths and Coral Snakes were the three to be cautious around. I kind of don't miss that about Florida. Bugs and snakes and sea critters who wanted us out of their world.

Be careful out there! Love the pics.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

gorc, I like snakes.

in cages at the zoo.

I grew up in Florida, Diamond Backs and Cottonmouths and Coral Snakes were the three to be cautious around. I kind of don't miss that about Florida. Bugs and snakes and sea critters who wanted us out of their world.

Be careful out there! Love the pics.
I'll remember to post the odd memorable pic

Night all Keep up good work
Old 03-17-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I'll just amuse myself here
Haha bb! Stepped away to do stuff....that's a good point about drinking to not think. I definitely overworry and overthink stuff, alcohol blotted that out partly. I need to dig out my yoga dvds
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gorc View Post
Most are shy, yes the red is dangerous I will digress a little I see probably all the deadly ones over course of a year but 2 in particular scare us Tiapan is number 1 Inoculous and timid you pretty much have to stand on it, I have seen guys handle them. But if bit pretty much dead It has the most toxic venom of any land snake in the world. The maximum yield recorded for one bite is 110mg, enough to kill about 100 humans, or 250,000 mice! With an LD/50 of 0.03mg/kg, it is 10 times as venomous as the Mojave Rattlesnake, and 50 times more than the common Cobra. Fortunately, the Inland Taipan is not particularly aggressive and is rarely encountered by humans in the wild. No fatalities have ever been recorded, though it could potentially kill an adult human within 45 minutes. Brown number 2 One we are all most scared of is the brown and then tiger it will chase you and they are thick on the ground where I work and lie in ambush. If bitten you need to be on a chopper in about 30min or cactus. I would see about 15 a year 1/14,000 of an ounce of its venom is enough to kill an adult human. Unfortunately, its preferred habitat is also along the major population centers of Australia. The Brown snake is fast moving, aggressive under certain circumstances and has been known to chase aggressors and repeatedly strike at them. Even juveniles can kill a human. The venom contains both neurotoxins and blood coagulants. Fortunately for humans, less than half of bites contain venom and they prefer not to bite if at all possible. They react only to movement, so stand very still if you ever encounter one in the wild Anyway a diversion and yes it is good to reflect on what I risk
Loved the pics, gorc. Don't see many of those where I am!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Morning all. Got through day 7 sober, although it was by far the hardest... I now understand the term "white knuckle it". The music venue has tables that you sit at with servers, and (this has never happened before) every staff member in the place came over to ask if we wanted to order any wine, sample any wine, here's the special wine list, etc etc. I actually started crying at one point it was so hard, but together we stood firm and the amazing part is that after 30 min or so it went away and I was just happy to be there sober and enjoying the show. I also noticed that my skin is looking much clearer, less red and blotchy (I'm Irish so prone to that sort of thing)! Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday and a happy, sober St Patrick's Day!
Well done, gracette. I haven't braved any bars yet, not quite ready for that. Have a great sober Monday too x
Old 03-17-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Wow, amazing pics gorc, what a great job you have!

Im now back in cambridge (booo)...got a seat on the tube, but not because I looked pregnant haha!!

Shoshie I always thought you were male, how strange, what made me think that? Have a good day, youre not at work are you? Im going to potter and maybe sit outside in the garden with puddy cats.

Hi bimini, youre probably asleepsie now, have a good day and keep up the good work, day 13? Well done!

Like all my fellow posters I am steering clear of town centre with the drunken hats and pints of guiness

Old 03-17-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

No, toddle, I'm up and on my second cuppa. Can't you tell by my chatty-chatterson?

It's 7AM here. I've got a 10AM meeting, so have about an hour to kill before the shower.

Glad they let you sit on the tube...I'm assuming that's your mass-transit thingy?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Morning! Its so weird to think of all the different time zones we have

What meeting is that, bimini, for work or an AA one? The tube is the underground (subway). Didnt want to leave London really, but had to come back for binkie and bonnie (my cats). As it turns out theyre not bothered if Im here or not lol, theyre both in the garden hiding in the (very long) grass. Should cut it really, maybe later. Glad to see youre chitty chattering hehe, better than being a hungover zombie, uurgh I dont miss those mornings
Old 03-17-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

All, thanks for leading out another good day. Guess I have to start getting up at 3am to be in on all the action!

Thanks for the great pictures gorc and good job on driving out of the bottle shop empty-handed. I still have that experience coming I am sure. Hope I will be as strong as you.

Another busy sober day planned. Hoped to finally get in a bike ride but now it is raining. I hate riding my bicycle in the rain. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Wow, amazing pics gorc, what a great job you have! Im now back in cambridge (booo)...got a seat on the tube, but not because I looked pregnant haha!! Shoshie I always thought you were male, how strange, what made me think that? Have a good day, youre not at work are you? Im going to potter and maybe sit outside in the garden with puddy cats. Hi bimini, youre probably asleepsie now, have a good day and keep up the good work, day 13? Well done! Like all my fellow posters I am steering clear of town centre with the drunken hats and pints of guiness
Hahaha....that's hilarious Toddle! I'm defo female and no, I'm not at work. I resigned from my last job at the end of Feb and didn't have to work out my notice as my new job is with a direct competitor. So on paid gardening leave for five weeks which is a blessing as I have time to try to get my sobriety act together. I am now off to the Third Ring of Hell that is Brent Cross Shopping Centre. I only go there when I absolutely have to...Cambridge over Camden btw, lucky you! x
Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I love the time-zone thing. Like a global sobriety tag-team!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 7 here. Tired but no hangover yayyyy! Having some oatmeal and a strong cup of tea. Have a blessed day everyone !!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
I love the time-zone thing. Like a global sobriety tag-team!
Agreed !!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Wow, gorc...beautiful....Australia is one of the places I would love to visit as well as New Zealand.....Giving in to the "beast" even if you work 15, 17 or 20 hours is not worth losing this kind of "cubicle"....So fortunate...