SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2014 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/325941-class-march-2014-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 03-15-2014 03:13 PM

Class Of March 2014 Part 3

We continue from here :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-21.html

D

Aarryckha 03-15-2014 03:16 PM

Thanks for the info, Biminiblue and Natalie.

I am making a schedule for the week coming up. It's nice to be able to make plans!

Ilya 03-15-2014 03:16 PM

Oops I had a whole thing written out.... starting again:

Aaryckha: Congrats on two weeks! And great idea with the schedule thing. I want to try to make a schedule each night for the next day. Can't plan very far ahead...

Bimini: I love your new signature it's perfect. I want to take an epsom salts bath to soak up my irk

My Boss: I'm turning off my phone to give myself some sorely needed attention. It's my day off.

Hahaha

Natalie17 03-15-2014 03:16 PM

Thank you for all of your hard work, Dee. This group and others on SR have meant so much to me.

biminiblue 03-15-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ilya (Post 4530049)
Oops I had a whole thing written out.... starting again:

Aaryckha: Congrats on two weeks! And great idea with the schedule thing. I want to try to make a schedule each night for the next day. Can't plan very far ahead...

Bimini: I love your new signature it's perfect. I want to take an epsom salts bath to soak up my irk

My Boss: I'm turning off my phone to give myself some sorely needed attention. It's my day off.

Hahaha

Ary, now that I think of it, I don't know if any of the meetings I went to were Closed. I don't look that closely at the list - I just go. They give you a schedule book and the ladies will give you their phone numbers. That's reason enough to go at least once (IMO)

oooooh Epsom Salts. I'm going to soak my feet in my foot massager thing when I get back from this meeting.

Yay. Turning off the phone is one of my favorite self-care tricks. Good for you, Ilya!

Dee74 03-15-2014 03:32 PM

Sorry about that Illya...:)

D

biminiblue 03-15-2014 03:34 PM

off to the 4:00 Women's Group. Take care, everyone.

Jade1224 03-15-2014 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530048)
Thanks for the info, Biminiblue and Natalie.

I am making a schedule for the week coming up. It's nice to be able to make plans!

I'm such a list person! I love writing out my list for next week.

I've decided I am going to try surfing. I want to try things I have never tried before.

Natalie17 03-15-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jade1224 (Post 4530097)

I've decided I am going to try surfing. I want to try things I have never tried before.

You go, girl! I never learned to do cartwheels as a kid, but I always wanted to. I taught myself after I had my kids. Wheeeeee!!!

Aarryckha 03-15-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jade1224 (Post 4530097)

I am too! It's rewarding to cross things off the list. I'm a visual person so it reinforces that I've accomplished things.

I'm going to try to find some new hobbies to fill up time. I'm just not really sure what my interests are. That sounds so silly, I know. I need to find something that doesn't cost a lot of cash either.

How was the beach, Jade? I'm sorry that your sandal hurt you!

SeaScape 03-15-2014 03:47 PM

Hi Marchers - Hope everyone is doing well :) I'm off to yoga soon. Working out during happy hour is really helping me change my life.

Aarryckha 03-15-2014 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SeaScape (Post 4530114)
Hi Marchers - Hope everyone is doing well :) I'm off to yoga soon. Working out during happy hour is really helping me change my life.

I've tried yoga but I'm really not that flexible and my balance really sucks.

I'm glad you found a constructive way to beat a trigger.

Ilya 03-15-2014 03:59 PM

That's really smart... And you're killing two birds with one stone... redirecting attention and working out!

Ilya 03-15-2014 04:04 PM

And done. Siiiiigh

So... since tomorrow is day 7 for me, and I've been bending to every craving, I think I'll start week 2 with a better diet! I might try the farmer's market near me.

Shoshie8 03-15-2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ilya (Post 4530128)
That's really smart... And you're killing two birds with one stone... redirecting attention and working out!

Was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. 2 in 1 smart move!

Natalie17 03-15-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Aarryckha (Post 4530126)
I've tried yoga but I'm really not that flexible and my balance really sucks.

You might find that your balance is getting better. Yesterday, I was so happy that I could put on my tights without sitting down, and without leaning against anything. I haven't been able to do THAT in a while. (Men - I'm sorry if that doesn't necessarily speak to you, but I hope the women will understand.) :)

Trigeek 03-15-2014 04:10 PM

x 2! Good Job!

I accidentally figured that out yesterday.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...appy-hour.html

Ilya 03-15-2014 04:16 PM

HAHAHA Natalie, yes indeed

yoga can also help improve your balance.

I've gotten a bit of a flow down over the years. Maybe I can start working on pushing myself in the poses, and advancing. Since I won't be totally hungover and tense anymore

Aarryckha 03-15-2014 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ilya (Post 4530133)
And done. Siiiiigh

So... since tomorrow is day 7 for me, and I've been bending to every craving, I think I'll start week 2 with a better diet! I might try the farmer's market near me.

That's a great idea! I think I'll go to the little store on the corner. Everything they sell there comes from local farms. Let me tell you, the freshness shows in the way it tastes. Everything is delicious! It costs a little more but I'll pay for quality.

My local farmer's market doesn't open until sometime in April. I can't wait!

Looking4Help123 03-15-2014 04:29 PM

Nice going SeaScape!

I'm not into the Yoga yet but have also tried exercising a bit later when the cravings normally hit and you are right, it does work :)

I'm back from my Sunday morning run, so now it's time for a nice long bath with some sea salts as well.