Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 9

Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I take what you've all said on board.

It was at the funeral, so emotions were running high anyway, I guess. Hopefully my thoughts and feelings will settle down over the next few days. I think I've mentioned previously I wondered if I'd 'Gotten over it'. That relationship and the guilt about it.

Dee, appreciate that you may have been in a similar situation too at some point. Anyway, it's something I'll think about over the next few days on how I need to put it behind me.

Again, thanks all for your kind words.xx
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Dear Croissant,

I feel sad for you that you are hurting so much right now. Please know that we are all here for you. Stay strong and be kind to yourself. Please try and stay away from the trap of ruminating about the what ifs? I know it's very hard, I struggle to banish the past memories. All we have is right now, and making the best decisions to shore us up for future difficult times.

You are on a new path now and who knows what wondrous things may lie ahead for you!
Sending you hugs and strength.
Great advice ,

I agree wholeheartedly with Leshar , Crois xxxx

Hi guys :-) you have such a great attitude Bob , hugs

NCG , how are you doing love. This roller coaster ride with your bf must be exhausting xx

I'm so proud of you all , we are all staying strong and moving forward .

I had a family crisis yesterday . It was fantastic to be able to take the reins and deal with it sober . My brother said , it's so good to have you back

Nuff said
Old 02-19-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hello Julyers,

So.....I'm doing the South beach diet now.
Not that I'm terribly overweight. I just want to lose some weight and drive my Type 2 diabetes glucose down. It's hard to exerciser at this time of the year. But,I'm doing daily walks with the dog and getting outside despite the snow.
So maybe the speedo will fit this year. J/K
Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Hello Julyers,

So maybe the speedo will fit this year. J/K
Ewwww. Lol.

Speedos were invented in Australia. Budgie Smugglers. He he.

Good luck with it Bob. I've managed to lose 10k all up so far (please excuse a big curry I had for dinner yesterday!). I still have a good 10 to lose, but 5 more and I'd be happy.

Can't sleep tonight. So hot, 26 degrees - or 79F. At 3.30am. Damn Queensland heat, woke up sweating. Be glad to fly home tomorrow!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tell me about that humidity Crois

Dee, appreciate that you may have been in a similar situation too at some point. Anyway, it's something I'll think about over the next few days on how I need to put it behind me.
yes, not just once but twice, if you can believe that.
I'm not dissatisfied with the way my life has turned out so far though, and both my exes seem happy too .

D
Old 02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh Croissant!
Speedos were invented in Australia. Budgie Smugglers. He he.
Thanks for the chuckle!
I remember seeing an old skinny guy on holiday once who was wearing a thong speedo. Eewww indeed!

Good luck with the diet, Bob!

Snoozy, hope your crisis wasn't too taxing on you. Sounds like you managed well, good for you.

NCG, sounds like your relationship is not the most fulfilling for you at the moment. I'm not in your shoes and don't know all the dynamics, of course, but all I'd say is dont sell yourself short. You deserve respect and affection and to be considered and to know that your boyfriend is making your relationship a priority. Again, I don't know what is happening but it does sound as though your boyfriend is a tad selfish these days?
Take care.

I'm seeing my psychiatrist in the city tomorrow, and will meet up with one of the ladies from my acting class for lunch afterwards. She had sent me a friendly New Years message, and I finally got around to replying, apologizing for the delay, telling her that I'd been going through a bad spell with a depressive episode.

She was so kind when she responded, telling me that she felt for me, because she struggles with anxiety and OCD. She is a lovely, warm and friendly woman, and I told her i appreciated her candour. I'm a bit nervous about meeting her. I don't want our visit to be all about our "issues". It goes back to that feeling i have that sometimes I feel defined by my illness, but I know I'm more than that. Anyway, guess I'm just a bit shy about visiting with her, but I'm glad too of the chance to see her.

Anxiety is much better, thank goodness. I stopped seroquel a couple of days ago as it was knocking me out, even though it was a mini dose. Think I'm over the worst of the anti depressant withdrawal.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to say Hi. Things are going pretty well. Today was a very trying day with my daughter. Just the usual 4 year old toddler stuff, but boy was I frazzled. However, I realized afterward that I didn't resort to my usual "I could really use a drink right now". I dealt with it without turning to alcohol as my "reward". Feels good to have finally turned that corner. I'm sure there will many more challenging days where I may think of drinking, but for today I am happy with myself Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all. You all give me inspiration every day and I look forward to coming here and reading how everyone is doing.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Croissant you might be happy to hear its pretty chilly in Melbourne today, though not sure what part of Australia you are in. I grew up in North Qld and PNG and I don't miss the humidity at all.

Sorry that you had a rough week, but it shows how strong you are that you have picked yourself up and are back here.

Leshar I am really glad you are feeling better. Supportive friends are so important aren't they.

Resolute I am trying to loose a few kgs too. I have eaten at least my own body weight in lollies in the past 6 months, so have cut those out and am riding the exercise bike most mornings. Have lost only half a kilo in two weeks but its better than putting on that amount every week, which I did for about 6 months.

NorCaliGirl I think its great that you tried to show your boyfriend the right way to go about things. I tried that approach too and it didn't work , maybe your man is more enlightened than mine way. Hope so

Snoozy your photo is very cute. You both have the same eyes.

Ladybug its great you recognised how you felt. That means you can congratulate for how well you handled your feelings. We are all so brave, so many people wish they could change things about themselves and never even try. We are all trying .

I am going to re enrol in the uni degree I started 2 years ago today. Wishing I had done it a few months ago but I am glad I am doing it now.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

I grew up in North Qld and PNG and I don't miss the humidity at all.
Like a curtain of moist warm air...

roll on July

D
Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to say Hi. Things are going pretty well. Today was a very trying day with my daughter. Just the usual 4 year old toddler stuff, but boy was I frazzled. However, I realized afterward that I didn't resort to my usual "I could really use a drink right now". I dealt with it without turning to alcohol as my "reward". Feels good to have finally turned that corner. I'm sure there will many more challenging days where I may think of drinking, but for today I am happy with myself Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all. You all give me inspiration every day and I look forward to coming here and reading how everyone is doing.
Isn't that a wonderful moment? When you see yourself changing for the better as it is actually happening?
So happy for you.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

From Leshar ***Thanks for the chuckle!
I remember seeing an old skinny guy on holiday once who was wearing a thong speedo. Eewww indeed!

Good luck with the diet, Bob!

Snoozy, hope your crisis wasn't too taxing on you. Sounds like you managed well, good for you. *****

.....my crisis was averted til you mentioned the skinny old guy in a thong , whilst I'm eating my lunch

Thanks Leshar lol . Xx
Old 02-19-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

OMG, Snoozy! You crack me up!! (Love the smilies too!)

Lisa, thanks for this:

We are all so brave, so many people wish they could change things about themselves and never even try. We are all trying .
It's good to remember this and give ourselves a pat on the back once in a while.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Happy Friday to all my Julyers. Been a long week, my boss and I got into it on Wednesday which made the two appointments we had together yesterday quite awkward. The weather has been awful. We went from blizzard, to warm, to freezing rain, to torrential rain, flooding and dangerously high winds. Some more snow predicted for tonight. Looking forward to the drive into work today! I have 7 months today so at least there is something to celebrate.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too LuLu

D
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

LuLu way to go 7 months!!!

We're getting the same weather,LuLu. Giant puddles everywhere and the heavy snow is collapsing roofs. Had a woman in our state die the other day as a car port collapsed on her.
I'm thankful it's Friday. I have a couple projects I'm going to tackle this weekend.
Besides,it's pay week.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks, Bob, the weather is an adventure every day. So sad about the woman who passed, what a horrible way to go. I went to the store last night and literally could not get the door open when trying to leave the wind was so strong. Gusts of 75 MPH. Just checked traffic and it looks awful so best be off to work, hopefully an hour and twenty minutes is enough time to go 11 miles, LOL. Lucky you that it is pay week, I get paid the last day of the month. Oh, and I have a few projects around here if you would like to lend a hand I have heard that volunteering helps one stay sober.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Big congrats on seven months LuLu!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Way to go on 7 months, Lulu! You must be proud of yourself
Old 02-21-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Lulu, happy to hear from you and a big congratulations for seven months!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Ironic that today was 7 months, it is one of the first days that I wished I could still drink. Had a little run in with my boss Wednesday and he let it sit until today and then called me in, I think he is completely over reacting. The most disturbing part is that after we met he sent an email reiterating what he had said (pansy sent it while I was at lunch and then left for the day) - I am not stupid that is so he can document and have it in my personnel file. I take ownership for what I did but really do not believe it warrants this kind of reaction. I now feel like I am walking on eggshells and that he is just waiting for another mistake so that he can fire me. Sigh, whatever, life goes on. My boss is a strange dude, I am very glad I do not live in his head.

I am trying to forget about this over the weekend, without alcohol , I hope all my friends are resting and relaxing.