Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 9

Old 02-13-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I didn't see we had a new one up , I wondered why everyone was being so quiet ha ha!

Hope everyone is well. I will be able to post a bit more soon. Working a lot of hours at the moment along with sorting mortgage out, very stressful!

I would love to say how many days im up to now, but I have lost count!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

G'day Pete ;-)
Good to see everything's working out well for you matey

Mortgages are stressful but things will settle soon
Old 02-13-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Mortgages can be very stressful,Pete. I remember talking with my wife after it was done and we both said,never again.lol

We're in the very beginning of a Nor' Easter here. Basically going to snow all day/night and getting 8-12 inches+. They're not even sure what we will end up with as it's suppose to change to sleet and freezing rain.
The whole east coast was effected yesterday by it and some states have massive power outages.
We still have over 10 inches from the last storm so the snow depth is going to look epic tomorrow.

As far as my alcoholism,I rarely even think of drinking anymore. But, I'm always on guard for it. As I've mentioned a couple time. Back in 2007 I went for 14 months without drinking and thought I could manage. Yup, I managed to stay drunk for 5 years after that first time. I will not make that mistake again.
Hope everybody is having a nice day/night. If you don't hear from me for a while it's cause we have power out. I will check back in tonight.
Take care Julyers.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Same here, Bob. It is a blizzard out there and is only going to get worse. What are you doing today while you are snowed in? That's great that you have reached a point where you rarely think of drinking. I can't wait to get to that point. I have definitely come a long way since this time last year (even with all my slips). I didn't even really think about stocking up and drinking during this snowstorm (usually a big trigger). But, if there is one thing I have learned it is that I need to always be vigilant because AV can come out of nowhere.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm at work right now,Ladybug.
I draw on a CAD system as well as spend time machining parts I design.
So I'm almost always checking into this site.

Just looking out the window on occasion and watching the snow fall.
Last night I filled my 4x4 truck with gas,got 2 sand/salt buckets from the local highway dept. I already have gas for the snow blower and generator. Stacked enough wood in my basement for the stove to last 2 days.
One never knows what the weather will bring.
I've gone for days without power in the past.
Hurricane Sandy was the last event that knocked us out for a while.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe everyone

D
Old 02-13-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just checking in. No power outage and everything went well.
Thank goodness for 4x4 and being prepared.
Just resting by my woodstove now.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
I didn't see we had a new one up , I wondered why everyone was being so quiet ha ha!

Hope everyone is well. I will be able to post a bit more soon. Working a lot of hours at the moment along with sorting mortgage out, very stressful!

I would love to say how many days im up to now, but I have lost count!
pete.....sober time calculator;

SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator
Old 02-14-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

A quick check in. Wanted to say, NCG, that I feel for you with the dilemma with your boyfriend and his "friend". I don't get how he doesn't see the boundary she is crossing with her behaviour, and he too, with not getting how you feel about the situation. It's just not right on all fronts IMO.

Having pretty dreadful anxiety still. Old memories of things i did wrong years ago, as a teenager, well before I ever began really drinking. Ppl I let down. It's about the time my depressive illness began. Sort of like what they say about if you're drowning, your whole life comes alive before you? Don't know if that is what happens, but its what's been going on with me this last while, and its painful, I wish I could understand why I did those things then. All sad, bad stuff. All blotted out by booze perhaps over the years, but its biting me now. Horrendous regret about paths not taken etc, all very foolish i know, but I can't seem to get over these intrusive memories, almost crippling at times.

Maybe it's necessary pain, like re birthing myself, oh I dunno, I'm rambling again.
Still determined to stay on the sober path and try to eke out moments in the day at this point where I don't have acute sx.

Croissant, hope you're doing ok. Thinking of you.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day

Have 18+ inches of snow here and getting another 2-4 tonight. When will it end ......
Old 02-14-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words Leshar.

I know I haven't been around much, but I do try to keep up with posts.

NCG - I know you are just venting and not looking for advice, but, you do know your BF has crossed so many lines and disrespects you so much now that I hope you find the strength to move on. Normally I'd hope for the best for you, but dinner with a person who was romantically interested in him? Ahhhh, no. No, no, no.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hello my July friends
It's been a while and I wanted to check in and say hello to all of you. So glad that many of you have stayed sober through good times and bad.

I haven't posted here in a while, I think I was feeling like this thread reminded me so much of that great sober time that I had last summer/fall, and I just couldn't get myself back there. I would get a few days or weeks here or there, and then drink for a bunch of days- just caught up in that cycle. I am only at 12 days now but I feel more committed than I have in a long time for some reason. I have been working out daily (and hard!) and eating well, so I am just feeling good physically all around. Emotionally, some days are better than others, but any day sober beats a day hungover or a night drinking.

I feel such a connection with each of you, it's funny how you can feel like you are "old friends" with people you haven't even met!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Before the day is done I want to wish everyone a happy valintines day
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Forabetterlife

Hi , it's so lovely to see you back :-) we know all about the cycle thing hun and no one would ever judge you here . We've all been there , done that , bought the T-shirt.

You will get there , glad you have opted to stay with us Julyers , the Feb thread could help as well , cos you can identify with people at the same stage of sobriety but don't ever leave us ...or else ! Lol

We are always here for constant support

Thanks Humbug and ditto

NCG thanks for letting me know lol , I've cleared it now , so you can resend . Xx

Leshar Ladybug, Bob, Crois , Pete , Lulu , hugs to you all xx
Old 02-15-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello everybody,

Hope all my Julyer's are doing great.
Welcome back FABL.
The word for this day and month is a 4 letter one....SNOW!!!
We have nearly 18 inches and still counting. Another 4+ today just to whiten things up.
I took a short walk today in the wood with my wife and the dog and it was near impossible to move. Like a work out on a stair climbing work out machine.
Take care,
Old 02-15-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey all, still chugging along. I, too, am waiting for additional snow. Supposed to be 50 by mid-week, then we will have flooding, LOL.

Read and think about you all everyday.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey LuLu,

We're suppose to get some warm weather end of next week also.
Maybe we'll have Sochi type weather.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

Norcaligirl I totally empathise your situation - unfortunately. My last real relationship was with a guy who had a female "friend" who everyone knew was hung up on him. I was uncomfortable with him going out one on one with her but because he had already done it before we dated I felt like I was a cow to stop him so I didn't say much. But then I did, and he said there was nothing going on, it became an issue between us. I felt like he was disrespecting me. It was unpleasant, normally I am not a jealous person but we women need to trust our intuition. Anyway he disrespected me in a lot of other ways, culminating in an affair with a patient - he was a OB GYN would you believe it!

Maybe if your boyfriend is unable to appreciate how you feel do the same thing to him? Organise a platonic meal out with a male friend or co worker who is single. Not to play up but to give him a taste.

Just keep an eye on how respectful he is of you in other ways that are important to you. I think its sometimes easy for those of us who have any shaky self esteem stuff going on to make excuses for those we love. I did anyway.

Leshar I hope you are feeling ok. Is volunteering something you could try at the moment. I know for me whenever I have done it I get so much more out of it than I put into it, it is a genuine self esteem builder. Its impossible not to feel good about yourself and like yourself when you are helping other people. And I love how it distracts me from my worries and troubles also.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

FABL

Lovely to see you around.

You are right. We all shared such solid sobriety together. That's important.

Bob and Leshar, Petecrab, humbug and the rest of the stayers....are amazing. But I can't leave the July thread despite my couple of slips! I just can't.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I feel the same way, Croissant. Even though I am back on Day 8 I still feel a bond with our July class.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We have so much snow here you can barely drive down the streets of our neighborhood. Holiday here tomorrow so no school and hubby is actually off from work (never happens). Trying to think of something fun for us to do.

Have a great one all