Notices

Class Of February 2014

Old 02-03-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I can relate glee. This is only day 2 and i am super tired. Regarding not telling anyone about your sobriety i did the same thing last time. I had a month in and i failed so not telling anyone avoided my feeling like a failure. But I knew i failed. I havnt told anyone this time either mostly because my husband and i are probably headed for divorce anyway. He's not in my corner right now. I do feel like telling others gives you accountability and that is where i failed last time.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm in 😃
1st day sober
Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and welcome back to all the newcomers

D
Old 02-03-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

My husband just came home and said, "it's a snowy night; are we having drinks?" to which I responded, "Not for me. Not for a long time. I think I'm better company when I don't." He asked, "Forever? Never again?" I said, "I've never made that commitment before, but I am making it now." He told me to take it a little at a time, then went outside to shovel. Snowy nights are a trigger because we always drink on a snowy night. I made cupcakes after work as a treat for my kids (and me!), have been reading and posting on SR, drinking water, cooked a large pot of sauce, and plan to get cozy under a blanket and read a book tonight instead of drink a bottle of wine and a few beers. The first 30-60 minutes of drinking is usually fun, followed by boozy behaviors where I might nitpick my husband, or call a friend and be intrusive and over sharing, til I pass out. Lately I've awakened on the kitchen floor in full clothes in a pile of crumbs (after driving home) and on the couch covered in an extra large bottle of salsa, unable to fully piece together my last conversations with friends, but pretty darn sure they were inappropriate and damaging to the relationship in some way. I don't want to wreck my relationships.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Cheering for you all! I enjoyed sitting at the table tonight during dinner and talking with my wife and daughter. Usually I don't eat dinner. After all, why let anything get in the way of my drunk? I'm going to bed early tonight. I'm tired, like many of you in this first week of finding ourselves again. I thought I had this a few weeks ago, but got blindsided by the monster.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Glee, I think we have the same "husband problems". Ugh!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Had to skip work again today... Sleep through my alarm and when I realized I was going to be at least 30 minutes late to work, I threw on some clothes and rushed to purchase a coffee. Barely remember any of it.. didn't realize how awful my driving was but I heard a lot of honking...

I drove home and have a vague memory telling my supervisor I was going to have to call out again. I must of sounded nuts.

This morning was so weird that I ripped my house apart looking for booze to see if at some point in the night I bought alcohol. Unless I got better at hiding them there was no alcohol in the house except my brother's 12oz brown ale. I don't know what the h ell is wrong with me! I went to sleep just fine... I think..

I had a brownout this morning with no booze and my anxiety is through the roof. Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow and not sure what to do. Not sure if I should call out tomorrow or not?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd go to the Dr - that doesn't sound like 'you', y'know?
If nothing else you can either find an issue or set your mind at ease that nothing's wrong?

D
Old 02-03-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

New hope: It's good you're seeing the doctor tomorrow.
Now is the time to be as honest with the Dr as you can about everything.

In the mean time be kind to yourself.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

day 3. has anyone have heard of not making any major changes for the first year recovery/sobriety? No divorce, job changes, moving, etc... I had forgot about this and was thinking of a change already but remembered hearing this and thinking it probably be a good idea?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning all slept really well but have been taking a melatonin at night always helps me sleep going to try au natural tonight

Off to hospital on Thursday I have bad asthma and go to London every four weeks for a Xolair trial so far no improvement and every visit has made me sick hoping I can work on building my immune system if not drinking

Have a fab day everyone !!! Xx
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello all you Feburarians! I'd like to sign in too, if there's room .
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Always room Michell - welcome

I think the idea is to avoid stresses where we can Marcellina - but some changes are unavoidable, or may be beneficial?

D
Old 02-04-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Im checking in from work it is so easy when you are not hungover and thinking about having to stress and buy beer when you get off. I wish everybody a good day
Old 02-04-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 1 again.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to have you with us ZG

D
Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

One day at a time dee one day at a time xxx
Old 02-04-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning and welcome all! Day 4 for me. One day at a time. I dodged some triggers the previous 24 hours. I guessed what would probably make me want to drink (it was a busy day at work, snowy night, feeling clearheaded from not having drinks for a few days in a row). Then I preplanned activities to keep me feeling cozy and occupied. That's different for everyone. For me it was reading a book and obtaining a cupcake with a lot of buttercream frosting. I also told my husband that I'm not drinking anymore when he asked me if I wanted drinks.

I need to plan for today. Today will be busy after work. I have a dentist appointment and then I have to run my kids to sports practice. I'll be home late. Planning to eat dinner after practice, watch a tv show on DVR with my husband. TV is sometimes a trigger, so I will have SR on my phone, water to sip, and a book to dive into, just in case. I'm going to sign up on Deeker's thread for support over the next 24 hours.

Been ruminatinf on sharing my sobriety with some folks in my social circle. They're not blind; most of them have an "hysterical" gleefan drinking story. I'm going to see several friends this Friday and then another group on Saturday.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in quickly from work to say hi and hope everyone's having a good day! It felt so good to wake up fresh this morning and not hungover... Well maybe not 'fresh' exactly as I'm very tired but still far better than hungover. I'm starting a new low-carb eating plan today as well to try to shift this excess booze blubber so a lot of new and positive changes for me this month. Hope everyone is staying strong and having a great day!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning class! Just checking in. Day 3 for me and I'm doing fine. I haven't had any kind of withdrawal symptoms this time. My drinking had not gotten to a frequency level that would cause long term withdrawal symptoms. My problem was/is when I DO drink (which was only about once a week), I start and don't stop until I pass out. I'm feeling good and putting plans in place for the weekend, which will be my trigger point.

Have a good day!