Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 25

Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
How's it going Melina ?
You don't want to know, doll.

I will get it together one of these days...

I'm so close to freedom, but I choose closing myself down through alcohol use.

I am afraid to be sober again, maybe Day One tomorrow?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
You don't want to know, doll. I will get it together one of these days... I'm so close to freedom, but I choose closing myself down through alcohol use. I am afraid to be sober again, maybe Day One tomorrow?
It's tough going at the beginning. If you can stop now, it would be good. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and try again ! Stay close, we are here for you !
Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yes, the first few days are always the hardest! What support can you get for yourself this time?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

what do you think you need to get some lasting sober time, melina?

D
Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I agree, the first days- 1 week are the toughest. I felt a daily struggle. It will get better slowly. Although I haven't gotten much of anywhere closer to rebuildning my life I still feel better not having to wake up with the fear of not remembering last night.

Today I awoke to another bleak and grey winter day. 1st of feb, I made it past 5 months today . Celebrating with strong coffee, my therapeutic lamp and some gutsy metal music in headphones. (not to disturb the party animals next door)
Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Renarde hope you feelling better today its good to get emotions out sometimes

Onestep hugs hope all goes well with the appointment i had to have it a few years back all was well hope you get the same results xx
Old 02-01-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

ForumRunner_20140201_100342.jpg

Ok hopefully by tonight this will resemble a bathroom cabinet lol wish me luck xx
Old 02-01-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 months Work!!!! That's an awesome accomplishment!!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ Saturday Birthday Sessionz~~~
~~~The Power of Possibility~~~

:day:day:day

~~~Note: As I give God the glory for granting me another Birthday 2day I have so many things to be thankful for and truly am blessed to the fullest in this journey called life. I will be celebrating "soberly" lol for today and tomorrow (SuperBowl) so I won't be posting until Monday when I return. I wish you all a great sober weekend and hope you have time to begin to create all that is possible in your lives. Nuff love the Diesel...And go Broncos~~~

~~~The Meal~~~
Trust in the power of possibility. Regardless of what you are facing, create an opening for growth in all circumstances. Don't demand it or force it. Create a space for growth in your life. Nurture this space and make it expansive. Know that it is present and available for you...even if you can't see it, touch it or feel it at the moment. It will come, in time. Believe it and you will achieve it. You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!!

"WHAT COMES EASY WONT LAST, BUT WHAT REALLY LASTS WON'T COME EASY!!!"
Old 02-01-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Black! Have a great day.

Well done Workaholic on 5 months!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
You don't want to know, doll.

I will get it together one of these days...

I'm so close to freedom, but I choose closing myself down through alcohol use.

I am afraid to be sober again, maybe Day One tomorrow?
Hey Melina, this is the reason why we are here, you should post your feelings when you feel the need to drink and we can give some support before you make the decision and then you can have some tools/support to change your mind. The stop/start and guilt afterward is not good for your self-esteem and the process going forward.
After awhile you have to be courageous enough to get beyond the day one's and built some momentum....I know its challenging but we are all examples of whats possible...I'm here with you, we are here with you...let us assist.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
I agree, the first days- 1 week are the toughest. I felt a daily struggle. It will get better slowly. Although I haven't gotten much of anywhere closer to rebuildning my life I still feel better not having to wake up with the fear of not remembering last night.

Today I awoke to another bleak and grey winter day. 1st of feb, I made it past 5 months today . Celebrating with strong coffee, my therapeutic lamp and some gutsy metal music in headphones. (not to disturb the party animals next door)
CONGRATS ON 5 MONTHS WORKOHOLIC...SEEMS YOU'VE BEEN WORKING ON YOUR SOBRIETY LOL!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Work!!! Congratulations on 5 months love!!! Awesome!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 months work xx
Old 02-01-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

ForumRunner_20140201_143218.jpg

All done and only a few sware words used Swedish ones at that lol i blame ikea 30 screws done manually arm will ache tomorrow thank goodness no hangover or shaky hands
Old 02-01-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 months, wrok!

Happy Bday, BLK!

Wow, Tallia! Looks great!

Renarde, I hope you feel better. Maybe you need to slow down a bit? Always doing so many things! get some rest and fluids.

Busy weekend. Kids have basketball games, need to help daughter cook something for a school thing, and tomorrow we have church, kids then have Sunday School, and then daughter and i are seeing a play. Then we will likely watch the Superbowl, as an excuse to eat potato chips and "pigs in a blanket."
Old 02-01-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

So much good stuff to read about this morning! What a nice way to start the day, knowing my friends are doing well.

Tallia, the cabinet looks great! I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with putting something together, although I usually have a few pieces of hardware left over, which always makes me wonder.

BLK, Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Have a terrific weekend celebrating the awesomeness that is you!

Work, five months! Congratulations! Go celebrate with all those Swedish rednecks! On second thought, if they are anything like American rednecks, scratch that....

Melina, please keep posting. We all care about you.

Rochele, I made a juice yesterday. It had too much lemon. Will continue to try out the process, but I will definitely go easier on the lemon. Whew!

Renarde, I hope you are able to rest this weekend. Take care of you.

Everyone else, keep on truckin'. I have been reading the newbie boards lately and we really have come a long way.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Spoke to my friend earlier and he's planning on going out tonight and drinking a couple of beers, he's been sober nearly 9months and its a weird position for me to be in, part of me is envious and the other half is fearful for him as to where it will lead, I know that if I made up my mind to drink there was not a lot anyone could say to change my mind.

In the meeting the other night the bit in the big book was read out about us being like men and women with no legs- we can never grow new ones, well at times I wish I could, its an illusion I know but some days I get into kicking myself for taking it too far, for going onto spirits instead of just staying on beers, for drinking the day after a night out, for drinking on my own, for drinking at home......but deep down I know I can't go out and enjoy a few beers and come home and it hurts but not as much as it would if I tried it.

Stomachs a bit better today and I managed a few hours gym work.

I was due to have my girls tomorrow but my youngest has an ear infection and ex doesn't want me to take them out so im going to her place to see them instead, and im taking them both to school Monday and then picking them up. I haven't let them down once since getting sober and that's worth a lot more than 'one more night out'.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh boy 1step, that sounds like a mistake for your friend. You're not going with him, right??
Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

No, im staying in tonight Renarde, and to be fair to him he hasn't directly asked me to join him, itl be a test if that happens in the future though.