Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 5

Old 01-23-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Starting new Awww that is so sweet, very happy for you!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Welcome Argent :-) glad you joined us .

2bstrong , hi ;-)

Just telling the doc exactly how much you drank and for how long and that you would like bloods done should do the trick . They will do a liver function test to see where you are at and go from there when the results are back , i presume .

Good luck xx
Old 01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

New here middle of day 3 without a drink. This is the first real time I have put my mind to quitting. Good to see/read people checking in and staying positive!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

21days for me. Want to get to the end of the month now.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome mrnigelt! Glad you joined us in the January group
Old 01-23-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome, mrnigelt.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome mrnigelt.

The work day is ending soon and I will be heading home. Hope everyone has a healthy, fun, relaxing, and sober night. Closing out Day 23
Old 01-23-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Great going everyone

I'm on day 23. Things are still going ok. My day at work was frustrating at one point. A guy that used to see me in bars was in and running his mouth. He's still out going in bars and drinking. He didn't say anything too bad but I just don't even want to talk about those times or have anyone else hear about them at work. He's a dip and thinks it's funny. Good thing he doesn't come around too often. I just got irritated but then I was thinking inside that I was glad I didn't have to feel "little" because I was still drinking and too bad for him that he was still wasting time in bars.
Also, I'm having that period where I am having really bizarre dreams too. Last night's was a doozy. I guess I will just let myself be entertained by them.
Irelander ~ If you go ahead and bite the bullet you won't have to stress about it. And also you can tell him that you are taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Let him hear that you are not drinking. I'm sure he will want that for you! And at least he will hear it from you rather than someone else. Best wishes!!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

RVD that cracked me up - I've never been a founder of anything before!

I must say so far it's been easy, but let's look at the facts:
- it's January, freezing, and nothing much social going on
- my 3 kids are so busy with school and activities so that takes up 85% of my thinking
- the one party I went to was small and boxed wine was being served. Eh.
- I'm trying to lose 7 lbs.
- I've been working out and going to yoga 5x a week.

So all of this keeps me pretty busy so I don't have time to think about drinking or future drinking, etc. AND I feel pretty damn good.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by startingnew2 View Post
Starting day 6. I'm feeling great today. I ended up with a migraine yesterday. But I seem to get those with or without alcohol. My husband was great yesterday. We are looking at a new house for the 2nd viewing tomorrow and seriously thinking about making an offer. I asked him last night if he thought he was ready to wear his wedding ring again and he very sweetly asked me to get it and put it on him. He thanked me for doing this for us. I am so thankful he is giving me my millionth chance. This is it. Drinking is not worth it. It is not worth how crappy I feel afterwards both physically and emotionally and it is not worth losing the man I love so much and has always stood by me. I know it has only been 6 days but I'm more determined than ever. I'm on my way!
Hi everyone, just checking in. Startingnew I had a big smile on my face when I read your post, I am sincerely happy for you. Keep up the great work!

Irelander, I so understand your difficulty telling your dad, I can't tell my mum, but seeing he more than anyone knows what you are going thru just bite the bullet and tell him. You may not get the reaction you are imagining, he may be your best resource and ally in recovery. Sending you some courage from across the world!

Congrats all of those who have abstained and to those who have slipped well done for being honest enough to admit it but still come straight back to SR for support!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hello SR family, halfway through day 15. I was feeling anxious, so I went to the gym today,(first time in a long time), inspired by all the posts in this group. Treadmill for 30 min. and some resistance training. Feel much better. No cravings so far. But I have been getting strange dreams and waking up 2 to 3 times a night. This is a new phenomenon for me. I did not have that issue until recently. From what I have read though, I understand it will pass.

Keep up the good work, everyone. Stay strong.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back lifes4 and Django.

Not beating yourself up or making excuses is great guys - but I do think it's important to look at what happened and why it happened so you can make plans so that it doesn't happen again?

If all we do is try again, with no added changes, then we're likely to end up back in the same position again...

Glad your test resuilts were cool Arctic.
Hope you feel better soon2B.

Ireander if not telling your dad is stressful - why not just tell the guy? Could it be any worse?

D
Old 01-23-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Argent and mrnigelt - great to have you here
and congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today

D
Old 01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It feels good going to bed sober and knowing I'll wake up guilt free from the night before.

Goodnight all
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Heya all! Well you were all right, I talked to my dad this morning and while he was very disappointed, he definitely was supportive. OMW now to have dinner with him and talk a little more. HUGE weight off my heart. Ill check in later guys!

Welcome to all the new folks on here! this is a great place to be!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by IreLander View Post
Heya all! Well you were all right, I talked to my dad this morning and while he was very disappointed, he definitely was supportive. OMW now to have dinner with him and talk a little more. HUGE weight off my heart. Ill check in later guys!

Fantastic Ireland! That is the best news I have heard all day. Let's hope this is your turning point.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IreLander View Post

Good to hear you spoke to you dad IreLander and now you can move forward
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 23 still feeling positive

Surprisingly nobody who used to see me hung over all the time has even commented
Old 01-23-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Irelander ;-) so proud of you for taking good advice .

As Dee said , could it be any worse ? And it wasn't . Your Dad sounds great and supportive .

Hope you guys have a lovely dinner and get things on the table * .....pun intended* :p

Seriously though , sometimes the thoughts we build up in our own heads are far worse than they actually are

This is your new beginning , take it with both hands ;-)

Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

End of Day 9, struggling with cravings. I went to the gym this morning and then went and ruined all my hard work by eating a box of chocolate...ughhh